Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bagua Zhang School in Dublin

• 29-01-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone,

I found the Bagua Zhang Dublin School advertised on facebook; it's a branch of the International Baguazhang Association of Shangai, which is represented by master Zhang Dugan and has several associates in Italy.

Is anyone attending such school or ever given a try?

P.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

pretory wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I found the Bagua Zhang Dublin School advertised on facebook; it's a branch of the International Baguazhang Association of Shangai, which is represented by master Zhang Dugan and has several associates in Italy.

Is anyone attending such school or ever given a try?

P.

Only bagua instructor I know in Dublin is Alan Peatfield out in UCD. Very knowledgeable bloke, who also used to teach tai chi and western weapons back in the day. Last time I met him he mentioned he as still teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pretory

smacl wrote: »
    Only bagua instructor I know in Dublin is Alan Peatfield out in UCD. Very knowledgeable bloke, who also used to teach tai chi and western weapons back in the day. Last time I met him he mentioned he as still teaching.

Thanx smacl,

Reading on the internet I found out that the International Baguazhang Association has a pure lineage root from the first Grand Master Dong Hai Chuan up to the current Grand Master Wang Han Zhi, the most respectable figure in Bagua today.
    The association is connected to Wang's first scholar and right-hand man Master Zhang Dugan, who's been teaching Bagua for more than 20 years.
    As far as I know the lineage, alongside with a teacher's competence of course, is everything that matters is internal styles.

Anyone knows if Alan Peatfield connected to the International Baguazhang Association?

Maybe having a try of both Mr Peatfield and the Bagua Zhang School is worthwhile. Then anyone can see which is the more consistent of the two or the more appropriate to him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Pretory, what is your connection with Bagua Zhang Dublin School? I suspect it's a little more to you than a place you saw advertised on facebook.

Pretory, what is your connection with Bagua Zhang Dublin School? I suspect it's a little more to you than a place you saw advertised on facebook.

Hi Doug,

I've got a connection to my hometown in Italy with people actually practising Bagua in the above mentioned association, the same people also advised me that they opened a branch here in Dublin and that's really interesting and wanted to know if it's already acknowledged and if someone had tried it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Pretory, I think it might be best if you stick to discussing clubs in Italy, and we'll stick to discussing clubs in Ireland.

Take a look at the charter (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055797135) Especially point 1B. It really looks like you have created this account just to promote your club. This is considered spamming, please don't do it.

• Advertisement

Pretory, I think it might be best if you stick to discussing clubs in Italy, and we'll stick to discussing clubs in Ireland.

Honestly, this school is in Ireland indeed being the Dublin school, this is why I ended up talking about this here.
    I'm not doing any spam anyway as I'm just opening a topic to get information on an activity I don't run and I don't know personally :)

On the other way if I possibly disrespected any rule in the way I wrote my post I'm sorry about that.

Advertisement