Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Biology Grinds. Has the course changed since last year ?

• 30-06-2015 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi ,

I have a quick question , a friend of mine asked me to give her HL Biology Leaving Cert grinds. However Im a bit unsure if I should or not. I did Leaving Cert HL Biology , and got a B1 and Im just finished my 1st year of General Science in college ith a 71% average in biology.
    Im just unsure if I have a enough knowledge to give LC grinds? is there anything I should be aware of eg. change of course/content since last year

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

To my knowledge, the course hasn't changed in recent years. I did the LC this year and my textbook was new for 2013. However, I don't think that there were any changes. You seem quite good at Biology and with a year of General Science behind you, I'd be very surprised if there was something that you haven't come across before. Look at the latest syllabus you can find and your friend's textbook and that should cover you in the unlikely event that you're missing something.

The current course has been in place since 2004 I believe, if the past papers are anything to go by. By that I mean that the structure of the paper has been unchanged since then and my book contained sample questions back as far as there. My exam papers had analysis charts dating back to 2004 also.

I doubt you have anything to be worried about.

Advertisement