Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

What kind of car are you looking for?

it was a friend of mine that was looking for one. Got sorted in Sheils

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

it was a friend of mine that was looking for one. Got sorted in Sheils

I used to be involved in the used car game in Limerick, it is pretty grim.

u can say that again. u know what i mean so.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Pandiani wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend anywhere in the city that you get a decent all day breakfast?

I'd be a fan of Story cafe on Denmark street, used to be BBs. Had one (a fry that is) at lunch time there yesterday.
    Coffee is nice there as well, very strong .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭ Liam Helpful Sash

Paper View in the crescent has re-opened and has been scaled back a lot. Cut the unit in half now, so it's a tight squeeze with a counter, 3 drink fridges and newspapers.

Looks like the new Golden Discs is going in beside Eir too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Paper View in the crescent has re-opened and has been scaled back a lot. Cut the unit in half now, so it's a tight squeeze with a counter, 3 drink fridges and newspapers.

Paper View looks absolutely terrible, and very temporary. Wouldn't be surprised to see it close altogether in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

oh ya? in what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is that the old 3 unit?

Is that the old 3 unit?
    It's where the Halloween shop was, I think it's beside Eir anyway.

fryup wrote: »
    oh ya? in what way?

I'd rather not get into it.

• Advertisement

Is that the old 3 unit?

Ya it is

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

I'd be a fan of Story cafe on Denmark street, used to be BBs. Had one (a fry that is) at lunch time there yesterday.
    Coffee is nice there as well, very strong .

Thanks for recommendation. Nice place. Will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats the best recruitment agency in town for temp work coming up to xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

fryup wrote: »
    whats the best recruitment agency in town for temp work for xmas?

None - do it yourself

lads anyone else had fibre broadband issues limerick 22.00 onwards 13/11/2018

lads anyone else had fibre broadband issues limerick 22.00 onwards 13/11/2018

No issues on the southside anyway, although it was taking ages for streams to load, but when I checked speedtest it was fine.

Mc Love wrote: »
    No issues on the southside anyway, although it was taking ages for streams to load, but when I checked speedtest it was fine.
    it fixed itself around .1.30 last nite it was g o i n g Ve r y S l o w last nite:D:D stupid eircom

Hi lads Anyone have a karcher k2 basic got one cheap in B&q cause box was damaged 50e. had one of these karcher 110 & its still going. Tried out the k2 & found it to be poor. not much power in it. my old one is way better,has more power to me something like this my old one
    466271.JPG

Hi lads Anyone have a karcher k2 basic got one cheap in B&q cause box was damaged 50e. had one of these karcher 110 & its still going. Tried out the k2 & found it to be poor. not much power in it. my old one is way better,has more power to me something like this my old one
    466271.JPG

I have a nilfisk c110 that I have just replaced. Decent enough but I wanted something more commercial strength.

I was in town this morning. Have to say the buzz was brilliant not only in the market but also around o connell st etc. Loads of people around, buskers of all types. Great to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ManCityFan01

I remember when I was a child I went over to my friends house for some lunch(Waffles would you believe). Half way through toasting the waffles he did something I never in a million years would have thought about! He put.... a slice of cheese.... on top!! It blew my mind and still does to this day!! It was delicious to say the least. #CheeseOnWaffles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I find it interesting how the exit of Cruisee Street between McDonalds and Costa is an unofficial crossing place. You have a set of traffic lights either side of it less than 100 feet apart and yet we all cross at the end of Cruises Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

anyone working for Molex? a friend is looking for the xmas party location/date

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I find it interesting how the exit of Cruisee Street between McDonalds and Costa is an unofficial crossing place. You have a set of traffic lights either side of it less than 100 feet apart and yet we all cross at the end of Cruises Street.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_of_least_resistance

It just so happens that cars are always stopped there and generally don't mind people crossing in front of them. Even though it's totally unofficial it works quite well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

You could block that opening by Pennys with more of the flower boxes and some people would still climb over them to cross the road.

I refuse to pass through that part of town during the day after this one decided to edge the pram she was pushing out onto the road to stop traffic as she couldn't wait a few seconds for cars in the lane closest to Pennys to come to a stop at the traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭adaminho

You could block that opening by Pennys with more of the flower boxes and some people would still climb over them to cross the road.

I refuse to pass through that part of town during the day after this one decided to edge the pram she was pushing out onto the road to stop traffic as she couldn't wait a few seconds for cars in the lane closest to Pennys to come to a stop at the traffic lights.

I once heard William Street described as the world's longest pedestrian crossing :):):)

Just start revving the engine as soon as the lights start to turn green they will soon move :D:D:D except the usual brain dead few who just walk straight in fronts of cars without even looking ( by the way i am taking the piss)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Was at Light up Limerick last night and have to say it was absolutely fantastic. You could see a lot of planning and organising went into it. The addition of the screens along O'Connell Street was great as in years passed it was impossible to see what was going on the stage. There were street performers working throughout the enormous crowd which kept the kiddies entertained . Between this and the hurlers homecoming it really just shows how well Limerick can do civic events. It really was superb. a lovely touch to get Vicky Phelan and her family to turn on the lights. She was brilliant.

My only critique of yesterday and other events in Limerick is why do they not close off this part of O'Connell Street to traffic. Town and businesses were absolutely thronged yesterday afternoon. I was walking around with 4 small kids and we had to leave this area of O'Connell Street as it was just so unsafe. One of my little nieces ran over to see Olaf from Cruises Street and was almost run over by a passing car :(

limerick_zpsb1t6attd.png

• Advertisement

It just so happens that cars are always stopped there and generally don't mind people crossing in front of them. Even though it's totally unofficial it works quite well! :D

I mind so i stop as close as possible to the car in front of me to stop jaywalkers crossing there when they should just walk to the pedestrian crossing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement