Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Next Event games and prices (trials, minecraft etc)

• 23-03-2012 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Kind of like what they do with house party and summer of arcade.

TRIALS EVOLUTION 18th April - 1200 Microsoft Points
    BLOODFORGE 25th April - 1200 Microsoft Points
    FABLE HEROES 2nd May - 800 Microsoft Points (will not touch this since they did not patch fable 3 yet :mad: )
    MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION 9th May - 1600 Microsoft Points

I get they have to create / magic up an event to generate buzz for the games, but do they have to inflate the prices??????? IMO 1600 for mine craft is daylight robbery. Prices over all seem too high.

The Fable game I have not heard of until now which is likely a bad thing and they still haven't patched the game breaking bugs in Fable 3, lionhead can k my a, I'll never buy a game of theirs again.... check the ignored posts on their forums relating to the fable 3 bugs reported nearly 2 years ago. I could rant all night about them but it would achieve nothing...... I'll wait till the others go on sale if ever.

Edit: It seems Minecraft will have 400gs. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come where they use the new gs/achievement rules for arcade games to bump up the price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I would guess that the 1600 points is due to the hype behind Minecraft. The game has been a phenomenon and I reckon the thinking is that is will sell regardless.

If it's to do with the extra gamerscore then I'll be sick. I think the 800 - 1200 is a great price range for most arcade but it would just be a disgrace to add it for some extra gamerscore/achievements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

calex71 wrote: »
    Kind of like what they do with house party and summer of arcade.

TRIALS EVOLUTION 18th April - 1200 Microsoft Points
    BLOODFORGE 25th April - 1200 Microsoft Points
    FABLE HEROES 2nd May - 800 Microsoft Points (will not touch this since they did not patch fable 3 yet :mad: )
    MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION 9th May - 1600 Microsoft Points

I get they have to create / magic up an event to generate buzz for the games, but do they have to inflate the prices??????? IMO 1600 for mine craft is daylight robbery. Prices over all seem too high.

The Fable game I have not heard of until now which is likely a bad thing and they still haven't patched the game breaking bugs in Fable 3, lionhead can k my a, I'll never buy a game of theirs again.... check the ignored posts on their forums relating to the fable 3 bugs reported nearly 2 years ago. I could rant all night about them but it would achieve nothing...... I'll wait till the others go on sale if ever.

Edit: It seems Minecraft will have 400gs. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come where they use the new gs/achievement rules for arcade games to bump up the price.

Lionhead used to be great remember Black & White for the PC?

I heard Peter Molyneux ranting on about Kinect recently (on XBl) ffs the technology is two years old and the novelty has wore off at this stage.

On topic, I would be interested in minecraft but how much is 1600 in euro?

justryan wrote: »

It's about €16.

It's not quite accurate but the way I do it is drop the two zeros and go with that for the value. This also means that you have an estimate for the value when looking at the different offers that are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

justryan wrote:
    It's about €10-€20 if you do a direct translation. It depends on where you buy your points, how much it actually works out at (There is a thread floating around here with cheaper places to buy points than paying RRP).

Some online converters for Points -> Currency:
    - http://www.360plex.com/points_converter.php
    - http://www.tmeyer.de/mspointsconverter.html

I'd agree that the higher price for Minecraft is to do with the hype surrounding the game, and nothing to do with the greater Gamerscore. Besides - the PC version of Minecraft is about €20 as well.

Fable Heroes popped up out of nowhere - if they can pull it off in a kind of Castle Crashers, hacky-slashy kind of way, then it could be a bit of a laugh. If I've to trudge around with a dog (Fable II and III) or worry about shaking hands with people for hours on end (like Fable III), then I might give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

whatever about minecraft being 1600, 1200 points will be an absolute bargain for trials evolution, its looking like the most polished xbla title ever with a truckload of content

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Trials Evolution looking great. Only one of the four that I need!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

IS it wrong that even though I already bought Minecraft on PC I am still definately going to pick it up on Xbox???

Now the sooner they release Tony Hawks 1 the better!!! Any day now!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

has anyone played bloodforge yet? is it any good, worth the 1200 ms points?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

has anyone played bloodforge yet? is it any good, worth the 1200 ms points?
    It's been slated across the board unfortunately. Gona give the demo a go but I'm not holding out much hope.

As for Minecraft being daylight robbery, can't say I really agree. A lot of work has gone into bringing it to the console, it will feature more updates in the future and is still a good bit cheaper than the PC version. While a 1200 price would have been nicer, I can't really begrudge the higher price on that one.

gizmo wrote: »
    It's been slated across the board unfortunately. Gona give the demo a go but I'm not holding out much hope.

Demo is very short. So short I've held off on it even I quite enjoyed what I got out of it. I have a feeling that it's short because it gets repetitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Orim wrote: »
    Demo is very short. So short I've held off on it even I quite enjoyed what I got out of it. I have a feeling that it's short because it gets repetitive.
    Seems to be the general jist of the reviews alright. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

gizmo wrote: »
    Seems to be the general jist of the reviews alright. :(

Tried the demo myself earlier, it's ok but as you said too short. I'll hold on to my points I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

1600 Points for Minecraft is not anything close to robbery as you say, it will get constant updates, like the PC version (which is €20 btw)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For a game that pretty much offers you unlimited gameplay potential, Minecraft is worth every penny. I haven't given it the attention it deserved, but 16 euro (again, cheaper than the PC complete build, on par with the Beta price) is a steal for such a unique, empowering gaming experience.

I do think a game should be priced wisely based on the product: having every single XBLA game priced at 800 or 1200 isn't entirely feasible, even if it would be nice. Nor do I want to see an explosion of 'expensive' games, but for something like Minecraft a pricing exception is more than reasonable.

Advertisement