Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ASP question

Options
  • 01-07-2002 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I'm making a holiday booking system with ASP/HTML/Access 97 for an external project at college.

I have a page with a form on it, and I need the data submitted via that form to be displayed directly above the form. I already have data going to the database and from the database, but i don't know how to make the data go to the database and to the webpage once it has been submitted.

I would be gratefull if someone could show me the code i'm looking for or give me the name of this method so that I can search for it myself.

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Im guessing your using VBScript and not JavaScript for your ASP. For the data to be displayed on the web page after being submitted use the request.form object:

<%=Request.Form("Name")%> to show the "Name" field from the form. Ill post up an insert script for the database later once i find one. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Trev

Great, thanks for that. I'll give it a go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Hi Trev,

Best bit of advice for you is to visit www.udzone.com. There are numerous tutorials, sample scripts, etc. for you to learn from. The forums are very good.

www.udzone.com/forum

If you search the forum for anything you are bound to find an answer there.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Advertisement