Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,269 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Separate threads for film & TV
    The Big Bang Theory season 9 also added today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It's on mine.

Weird it doesn't come up when I search in the app on my phone

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Weird it doesn't come up when I search in the app on my phone

Hmm, you're right. Turns out my VPN was set to UK when I checked earlier. Changed it back to Ireland and it's not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Appears Netflix is down for all regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Just as well we have the Ryder Cup, some great play in this session if people are looking for an alternative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

New episodes of Bournistoun added too. Scottish comedy sketch show, again varying quality on the sketches but some are brilliant. On a similar theme Chewin' the Fat series 1 added. I haven't watched it for years but remember finding it hilarious when I was younger.

On a similar vibe, Limmy season 2 and 3 on the Irish version.

Bone Tomahawk on the Canadian netflix, for those blessed with Canadian passports.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Uh, been watching 5 eps of luke cage solid with no problems. Working fine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I can't load it up myself, notice a few UK people on twitter can't either. On chrome and windows 10, if it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,269 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix is down Worldwide.

They are trying to fix it now according to their Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

That's crazy. I was watching away until 3am with no trouble. Only 2 eps left. Think this was the weakest of the three marvel shows so far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

How were you watching it?

It was down for me when trying via Chrome or through Chromecast. However, it worked fine when running on the Netflix app on my Android devices.

Back now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Amanda Knox documentary was all a bit meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,138 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just finished Happy Valley, the BBC series set in Yorkshire

Essentially revolves around a kidnapping plot and a serious amount of personal bagage for the female protagonist who is a Sargent in the local police force.

I definitely reccomend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

noodler wrote: »
    Just finished Happy Valley, the BBC series set in Yorkshire

Essentially revolves around a kidnapping plot and a serious amount of personal bagage for the female protagonist who is a Sargent in the local police force.

I definitely reccomend it.

+1 it's a good mini-series worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Anyone watch Luke Cage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Even after just one episode, Designated Survivor looks promising........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Would/could people , when they recommend a series/movie , give a brief description of what its about. Not too much obviously , cant spoil or give away plot lines/twists.
    I like watching programmes/movies on Netflix, and when I see people suggesting programmes to watch, personally I would like to know what its about . I wouldn't google it, as more than likely you would read about the ending/twists etc...
    Some people on here do give a brief word about what their recommendation is about, and I think that really helps. Its just a suggestion ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Basq wrote: »
    Amanda Knox documentary was all a bit meh..

I thought it was fascinating and a good look at all the different elements that came together to cause this miscarriage of justice. The reporter for the Daily Mail was utterly repellent and showed the thinking behind the media frenzy that surrounded the case - it doesn't matter if the story is accurate or true as long as you print it first.

I watched ARQ over the weekend and enjoyed it. It's about a guy in an America that is polluted and suffering from food shortages working on a perpetual motion machine, the ARQ, as an energy source. His invention also manipulates time and he finds himself trapped in a time loop with a female friend that constantly resets to the start of a home invasion. It's an inventive film that has nice twists throughout the film as more and more information is revealed with each loop. Well worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I thought it was fascinating and a good look at all the different elements that came together to cause this miscarriage of justice. The reporter for the Daily Mail was utterly repellent and showed the thinking behind the media frenzy that surrounded the case - it doesn't matter if the story is accurate or true as long as you print it first.
    You expected any different? Thought it was interesting without revealing anything really new..

Amanda Knox is a strange and fascinating character.. but it just didn't spend enough time interviewing her IMO.

Basq wrote: »
    You expected any different? Thought it was interesting without revealing anything really new..

Amanda Knox is a strange and fascinating character.. but it just didn't spend enough time interviewing her IMO.

I think a lot of people's view of her would still be coloured by the initial media frenzy surrounding the case and still believe her to be guilty so it lays out all the problems with the case out succinctly and the interviews with the prosecutor Giuliano Mignini, Rudy Guede's solicitor and those involved in re-examining the DNA evidence were pretty illuminating I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

greenspurs wrote: »
    Would/could people , when they recommend a series/movie , give a brief description of what its about. Not too much obviously , cant spoil or give away plot lines/twists.
    I like watching programmes/movies on Netflix, and when I see people suggesting programmes to watch, personally I would like to know what its about . I wouldn't google it, as more than likely you would read about the ending/twists etc...
    Some people on here do give a brief word about what their recommendation is about, and I think that really helps. Its just a suggestion ....

Guilty as charged, sorry! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭tigger123

Finally got around to watching Searching for Sugarman last night, it's fantastic. A doc about a failed musician that went missing after two albums and some fans that went searching for him. So incredible. I downloaded some of his music this morning. The sound design in the doc is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭iniall

tigger123 wrote: »
    Finally got around to watching Searching for Sugarman last night, it's fantastic. A doc about a failed musician that went missing after two albums and some fans that went searching for him. So incredible. I downloaded some of his music this morning. The sound design in the doc is amazing.

Same here - (finally) watched it over the weekend, really, really good documentary. Got the film soundtrack straight too, it's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭tigger123

On a related non-Netflix matter, the producer from Searching for Sugerman has released a new doc called "Tickled". It's about competitive tickling, and far darker than you might think :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Let's be Cops on Netflix Ireland. It's a comedy. Pretty good film.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Its a few years old, but has anyone watched Blackfish - about the Orca whales in SeaWorld. Pretty depressing.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

greenspurs wrote: »
    Its a few years old, but has anyone watched Blackfish - about the Orca whales in SeaWorld. Pretty depressing.

Ya I watched it and so glad a documentary like that was made as I wasn't aware of the terrible plight of dolphins and whales in captivity. Also the cove is a good documentary to watch aswell that one is about Dolphins.

California has banned orca captivity and breeding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya I watched it and so glad a documentary like that was made as I wasn't aware of the terrible plight of dolphins and whales in captivity. Also the cove is a good documentary to watch aswell that one is about Dolphins.

It's good that you've had your eyes opened but I can never understand how people need to be told that keeping wild animals in tiny cages/tanks is a bad thing. Clearly you're not alone in that though as Black Fish seemed to impact a lot of people in the same way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement