Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Sims 3: Supernatural

Options
  • 15-06-2012 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

A new expansion pack is coming out in September, and seems to be based around Twilight and Harry Potter, amongst other things. The trailer shows vampires (apparently more stuff added to them, from what they are now), werewolves, zombies, wizards and fairies. Plus they've got a secret bookcase door! What's not to like?

http://thesims.com/en_us/the-sims-3-supernatural

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Looks great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I still haven't gotten Sims 3, as too many people have told me it's not worth it and they went back to Sims 2 after buying it. I've held off for a few years now, but I am tempted to get it since they released Pets and that Supernatural EP looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

Brilliant, I was wondering when a "makin' magic" version of the sims 3 would come out. Looks really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

This is a definite miss for me. I skipped Makin' Magic back in Sims 1, and I don't want to start with it in Sims 3. I mean, as it is my towns are filled with complete celebrities and nearly everyone is a vampire; I don't need tons of werewolves, zombies and the like completely screwing things up and making it near impossible to find a normal person.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    This is a definite miss for me. I skipped Makin' Magic back in Sims 1, and I don't want to start with it in Sims 3. I mean, as it is my towns are filled with complete celebrities and nearly everyone is a vampire; I don't need tons of werewolves, zombies and the like completely screwing things up and making it near impossible to find a normal person.

I wish they would do something about the celebs. Really annoying :mad:

Do you use any mods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Anyone going to pick this up? I got an early copy yesterday, but since I'd uninstalled the game before, I spent most of my time reinstalling everything. You'll be happy to know there's options to turn on/off celebrities for you household and also reduce the amount of celebrities. I haven't had a chance to see if it works, though.

Other than that, I haven't had a chance to play the actual game yet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

humanji wrote: »
    Anyone going to pick this up? I got an early copy yesterday, but since I'd uninstalled the game before, I spent most of my time reinstalling everything. You'll be happy to know there's options to turn on/off celebrities for you household and also reduce the amount of celebrities. I haven't had a chance to see if it works, though.

Other than that, I haven't had a chance to play the actual game yet.

Is that celebrity option on the game itself or on the latest patch? :confused: I'm not interested paying for an expansion just so I can turn off celebs.

EDIT: Nvm it's a global patch, huzzah! Must reinstall all my expansions now :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My wife got it and now I'm interested. Seems well laid out. Might give it a go over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I haven't had a chance to give it much of a go yet, but I'm wondering if there might be a similar problem to the celebrities, in that you might start getting towns that are infested with werewolves, vampires and zombies.

I read somewhere that the zombies were a problem, in that they would take over the town every full moon but I have yet to experience it

• Advertisement

I am skipping this EP, doesn't interest me, I like to try to have my game a little more realistic :P

Anybody notice how glitchy the game is since the Supernatural update, or perhaps it's the expansion itself?
    I'm having serious issues with sims vanishing, failed age transitions, frozen sims etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

There's an option to reduce supernaturals in town or add more. Type in testingcheatsenabled true , shift and right click (I think) on the post box and the option comes up, only found that out last night when I was messing around.

Advertisement