Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

skyscanner questions

Options
  • 09-01-2014 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

hi im looking at booking a return flight from cork to canada through skyscanner. i have a few question how can i add a checked in bag when paying or do i just pay at the airport. and when i check the bag in in cork must i pick it up and do it again in london or will it go to canada. also do i need a holiday visa for canada

Air Canada
    AC6912
    Operated by Aer Lingus
    07:35 ORK Cork Departure 1h 25
    09:00 LHR London Heathrow Destination

Connect in airport
    Connection 3h
    Air Canada
    AC857
    12:00 LHR London Heathrow Departure 7h 45
    15:45 YYZ Toronto Pearson International Destination
    Return journey RETURN - Thu, 27 Mar 2014
    Air Canada
    AC858
    23:59 YYZ Toronto Pearson International Departure 7h 16
    11:15 (+1) LHR London Heathrow Destination

Connect in airport
    Connection 2h 50
    Air Canada
    AC6913
    Operated by Aer Lingus
    14:05 LHR London Heathrow Departure 1h 15
    15:20 ORK Cork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,004 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Hi OP
    As far as I am aware you have to book the flights on the actual airlines websites, all Skyscanner does is shoes you times, connection options and latest prices.

So it would be on the airline website that you find out about how you book your bag etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I booked a flight last year to Cuba with skyscanner - was slightly alarmed when it turned out to be with some online travel agent with an address in Greece!

Anyway, all turned out well, the journeys went spiffingly - and to answer your questions - I booked all my luggage requirements at the initial stage, and the luggage was booked through. I had booked with the same airline all the way, not sure what happens if you book two separate airlines - but if you're booking the whole journey I'd wager that your luggage will be checked in to go all the way and be picked up by you at the ultimate destination.

Holiday visa for Canada - no idea I'm afraid! But I'd guess not.

Advertisement