Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick FC 2012

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

There is a lot to worry about after tonight's game...

We were shocking, there was no fight, organisation or anything that looked like a good side. We struggled against Salthill and Athlone too don't forget, only to be saved with 84 and 86 minute winners.

The super clown in goals(Barry Ryan) could make a number of mistakes to cost us the league. Also tonight our midfield was no where to be seen and Dom Foley looks like he doesn't give a ****.

Our biggest problem from what I can see is that we play well enough to put teams away and win 3-4 nil but as you said we seem to leave it late. That just wont be good enough when it comes to crunch time. If it wasnt for gaffney we,d be f****d. I can see him moving on to a bigger team at the end of the season too which will be a worry. As the saying goes the next few weeks will be squeaky bum time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Brutal showing from us.

Some very weird decisions again made by the manager re: substitutions.

At least the one important game of the weekend didn't go too bad picking up a point and playing relatively well in that one. We need to seriously get our act together for the next two games though or we are in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Wexford 1 - 3 Limerick

(Gaffney, Judge, Foley)

We went one down but equalised quickly and went on to win. Waterford hopes badly damaged with a 0-0 result at home to Athlone. Limerick 6 points clear at the top, but Longford play a game in hand at home to Finn Harps tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Finn Harps grab a 1-0 win away at Longford, so Limerick are 6 points clear at the top with 7 games to go. We have a significantly better goal difference too.

Game against Harps next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

We won the league tonight lads...can not see us throwing away 6 points and our massive goal difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I was passing the Market Fields this afternoon on the way back from town, and it got me wondering.....
    I know that in the medium term the plan is for Limerick FC to develop the Market Fields. I was just noticing as I passed it that there would be nowhere to park your car, so unless there are lots of car packing spaces inside there (as well as room for pitches, seating area, etc), that car parking on match days will be a nightmare, its bad enough in Jackman Park on match day. Anybody know what the car parking plans are for Market Fields if/when its developed?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

banjobongo wrote: »
    Anybody know what the car parking plans are for Market Fields if/when its developed?

Already a car park on the Mulgrave St side of the ground and what we dont realise is the size of the site, cant be that hard to extend the existing car park. At the moment in Jackman most people I know park by the Peoples Park and Pery Square and its no bother whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Already a car park on the Mulgrave St side of the ground and what we dont realise is the size of the site, cant be that hard to extend the existing car park. At the moment in Jackman most people I know park by the Peoples Park and Pery Square and its no bother whatsoever.

I seriously doubt Joe Public will ever get near the car park in the Market's field, also on street parking near Jackman Park is a lot more available than it will be on Mulgrave St, especially when evening courses start back in the college.

Best bet would be park in town and walk out.

Joe Public and his family are the ones running the club so I am sure if the car park was extended there would be a nice bit of space for some of his offspring, failing that I would park it by the hospital, Johns Square. Moose Bar no problem.

about the car park for the new stadium....there was an article in the Leader today about the new stadium, nice picture showing what it might look like, and the article talked about all the new facilities it will have, which is all great, but no reference anywhere to car parking and I dont see any space on the artists picture for spaces for car parking....have they thought about this issue? I presume they have!
    anyway, moving back on topic its great to see Limerick FC 6 points clear, assuming we are promoted, I wonder how we will perform next year against the big clubs? Will we improve our game as we are playing better teams, or will we struggle? Will be intersting to see....

• Advertisement

about the car park for the new stadium....there was an article in the Leader today about the new stadium, nice picture showing what it might look like, and the article talked about all the new facilities it will have, which is all great, but no reference anywhere to car parking and I dont see any space on the artists picture for spaces for car parking....have they thought about this issue? I presume they have!
    anyway, moving back on topic its great to see Limerick FC 6 points clear, assuming we are promoted, I wonder how we will perform next year against the big clubs? Will we improve our game as we are playing better teams, or will we struggle? Will be intersting to see....

Parking would be fantastic but I wouldn't think there will be for people attending games at least. Maybe a deal could be made with summer street car park to stay open late or something as its only 5 mins down the road.

I can't think of many grounds in a city that supply parking. Thomond park has no parking, Gaelic rounds does but never seem to open it up to the public. Aviva stadium, Croke park, Tallaght stadium and turners cross don't have parking facilities either for fans on matchdays and if they do they are very very limited. Most grounds with ample parking are purpose built grounds outside of cities e.g flancare park, rsc, athlone town stadium.

Waterford 1-2 Wexford Youths

A win tomorrow can move us 9 points clear of them going into the match in Jackman next Friday.

A tough task a head though against an inform Harps team tomorrow night up in Ballybofey.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Waterford 1-2 Wexford Youths

A win tomorrow can move us 9 points clear of them going into the match in Jackman next Friday.

A tough task a head though against an inform Harps team tomorrow night up in Ballybofey.

Is it not next Friday week 31st?

Is it not next Friday week 31st?

Ya your right, forgot FAI Cup next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

1-1 draw not too bad I guess. Did anyone go? 6 point gap still intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

grenache wrote: »
    6 point gap still intact.

:confused: The gap is 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

4 point lead at the top.

Aidric wrote: »
    :confused: The gap is 4.
    Vanolder wrote: »
    4 point lead at the top.

Our goal difference is still twice that of Longford so its effectively 5 points of a lead we have. Our next 2 games are Waterford & Mervue(both at home), should be getting 6 points out of those, while Longford have Athlone(Away) and Youths(Home), you'd expect 6 points from them there, but the Athlone one is a derby.

Lads don't panic just yet we are still on track to win promotion by winning the league

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

A draw is good result up there. they are on a good run aswell.

Poor performance, team was outfought by a team who have nothing to play for. Very few chances for either side.

• Advertisement

Big one tomorrow night, should be a big crowd aswell. Hope Scully does'nt do his usual mad team selections. I'll go two one Limerick.

I was at the match tonight, I think we played the first half pretty well but the second half looked like a different team to me, I dont know what happened but it was very dissapointing, and a poor result for a home game this far in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was at the match tonight, I think we played the first half pretty well but the second half looked like a different team to me, I dont know what happened but it was very dissapointing, and a poor result for a home game this far in the season.

What was the result?

Limerick 0-1 Waterford

Brutal again against a promotion rival. No matter what happens between now and the end of the season, Scullys tenure will be remembered for losing all the big important games.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Limerick 0-1 Waterford

Brutal again against a promotion rival. No matter what happens between now and the end of the season, Scullys tenure will be remembered for losing all the big important games.

Rumour has it Scully in big trouble. The team, Scully and Pat locked in the dressing room for over an hour after the game, with Pat and the players turning on Scully...Lets just hope Scully is finished

Heard they were locked in for over an hour and a half alright but I also heard Pat O Sullivan was gone home soon after the final whistle. Scully got a bit of abuse from fans when going into the dressing room at the end and it's hard to blame them. Paying money in every game to see crazy decisions year after year. The players have to take some responsibility but it seems Scully never wants to take any responsibility for bad decisions.

Nothing short of disgracefull was that performance last night. Not only was Scully to blame but a lot of the players aswell, they just did'nt look to be interested for most of the game. If we go up this year and its a big if now Scully has to go or we'll go straight back down.

After sleeping on my thoughts of that thing last night.

We were dreadful, now the players are accountable for their abject performance, but ultimately Scully is the problem there. Look at your team, we have the best players in the division, and grand football isn't played on paper...but that just makes you look at harder at Scully, under him we had looked very unorganised.

We'll still win the league(I fcuking hope), but Scully will need to go, before we can push on and become a big club in the premier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I'm surprised Scully is still in the job - suppose can you get rid of someone when you're top of the league? We played far better football under Ski McGee IMO

• Advertisement

The best football I ever saw us play was the second half of the season under Mike Kerely around 2008/09. We were on fire playing attacking football and I think from the middle of the season onwards we were undefeated, only conceding a few and scoring a bag full.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement