Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turkey sandwiches

Options
  • 25-12-2014 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

What could you put on turkey sandwiches (apart from cranberry sauce) to make them more appealing.... They are a bit dry on their own!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Mayo, stuffing and black pepper nom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Triboro wrote: »
    What could you put on turkey sandwiches (apart from cranberry sauce) to make them more appealing.... They are a bit dry on their own!

Maybe a "moist maker" like Ross from Friends has in his? Gravy soaked slice of bread in the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Pickled onion & turkey sandwiches ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Plenty of Coleman's mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

I just filled mine with Southwest sauce. Quite nice I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Gravy and stuffing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

A sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper and a mug of strong sweet tea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭MLC_biker

Toasted bread,mango chutney?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Triboro wrote: »

Once the butter is as thick as the bread you'll be grand :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Two slices of soft white bread. Butter on one side. Mayo on the other.

Smear a little cranberry sauce on the buttered side.

Layer on top with turkey, ham and stuffing. Top with the slice of mayo-covered bread.

Devour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

White Bread
    Mayo
    Ham
    Stuffing
    Cranberry sauce
    Pepper
    Brie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Simply a great big dollop of YR or HP if your that way inclined. Loads of butter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Toasted granary bread, mayonnaise on one side, caramelised onion chutney on the other, rocket, sliced tomato and sprinkle of cheese.

Sweet mother of sandwiches get in my mouth!

(Unfortunately we have a tradition to not eat meat on Stephans' Day so have to wait until tomorrow :()

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The only way to transform leftover turkey into melt-in-the-mouth meat is to heat it for a few minutes in a hot pan.

I'm currently making a turkey spicebag.
    I've got oven chips on, peppers and onions sliced, then I'll whack some turkey breast in a pan with the veg and some cajun seasoning. When that's all done, I'll just throw that over the chips and add some jalapeno peppers.

It's gonna be delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I will be dicing the turkey up and mixing it with some cranberry sauce and stuffing to moisten it for sambos.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,496 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Not a sandwich, but i made a modification of this recipe over the holidays for the family using leftover turkey, stuffing and all.

Parboiled a head of broccoli and 4-5 chopped carrots and set both aside to cool down. Fried a chopped onion in olive oil for 5 mins, added curry powder, removed from the heat and mixed in a bowl with two tins of soup (one mushroom, one chicken) and added both the veg and the turkey/stuffing combo. Seasoned, tossed around until everything was covered in the soup mixture, put into a huge casserole dish and topped with breadcrumbs, grated cheddar and parmesan and baked for 30 mins. It was very well received.

Advertisement