Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jene

Hey everyone i think i'll be joining you in the April club. :) I reckon im around 5 weeks. So far symptoms are a little bit of nausea, lots of tiredness and massive sore boobs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

hi ladies joining in here coz I'm due end April/start May and I don't have the guts to start off the Due in May thread .....that would jinx it wouldn't it!! Due no.2 as well like alot of others here. Have an 11 month old dd already.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 taylorsterling

hi all

I had my scan this morning. Saw the baby and the heartbeat - 143bmp which the obstetrician said is a good strong heartbeat. I had an abdominal scan, and an internal scan so they could measure the baby.

My due date got changed from April 2nd to April 9th. I thought I was 8 weeks, I'm actually 7 weeks & 2 days.

She checked my ovaries as well. She was able to tell I ovulated from the left ovary. The right one is multifollicular. I don't know what that means at all. She didn't seem concerned so I didn't press with it.

x

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

Welcome Jene & Lucuma :)

That's great taylorsterling, I had an internal scan this morning and a good strong heartbeat too.

Have to go back in 2 and a half weeks to properly date my pregnancy but going by this morn they have me a week behind so I'll only be 6 weeks roughly.

Was so relieved when I seen a little flutter that was the heartbeat, the midwife couldn't have been nicer. Holles st has definitely changed a lot in 3 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 taylorsterling

The midwife was so nice, the doctor was a bit scary!
    were you in holles street this morning KarKar? I was too!

will or have you told anyone yet??

x

• Advertisement

I didn't see a doctor just a midwife who scanned me, she had scanned me at the end of my last pregnancy too which she kindly informed me.

The relief of seeing a heartbeat, myself and my partner were nearly skipping down the road after, even taking a week of my date didn't bother me!

We told my partners parents as I needed them to mind our son while we went to the hospital but wouldn't have so soon if it was possible. Kinda feel bad on my parents not knowing so might tell them this week.

Have you told anyone yet? Do you have to go back to holles st again or are you all done till your first clinic appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cakescakes

Hi Ladies, just popping in to say I'm delighted ye got on well with scans! Horray!!!! Im doing fine myself at the moment! Very tired but hey that goes with it! Cant wait to get into bed tonight! My DD is starting Primary School this Thursday! Hope my hormones don't play up;) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

delighted all your scans went well ladies!
    I measured behind two, by about 4 days but back next Thursday to check. Same happened on my first but my dates were right in the end, just hard to tell when it's so early!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 siliconebarbie

Hello ladies looks like I'm joining you! Just had doctor appointment who confirmed it! Due April 18th so I'm about 6 weeks. Very excited as it's our first and equally terrified! I've had period type cramps with one severe bout Sunday night which had me lying on the bathroom floor and out in a sweat, doctor reassured me that this probably fine, I think im going to be terrified until I have a scan. Wishing us all healthy pregnancies x

I am just beyond exhausted today!!! Extreme fatigue!!! Thankfully I'm self employed and can delay my work until later while I take a rest now! Anyone else paralysed by tiredness?? x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

I'm normallly a serious night owl, but I've been asleep on the couch or in bed by 10 ish every night because I'm absolutely wrecked. This is very strange for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Oh I'm absolutely exhausted. I'm still bf my first and I went back to work this month and I don't know if I'm coming or going.

Paying for a private scan on Monday. I think I'll be 8+2 but the doctor has me two weeks earlier than that because I didn't have a period but there's no way I'll only be 6 weeks (I hope!) I guess it's a common theme to just want to see the heartbeat!

Taylor deffo stay off Google as it'll always give you bad news and anxiety. On my first pregnancy I just put a little app on my phone and it told me what was happening each week and that's really all you need.

Apart from exhaustion I don't really get the pregnancy symptoms. I don't get morning sickness and my appetite gets massive :D I've a family wedding in a few weeks and I'm already thinking that I won't fit into my gorgeous dress!

Question : did anyone here have a twin pregnancy before ? Reason I ask is I have this "gut" feeling I'm carrying twins! Crazy as that sounds, it's just a "feeling". I still think I'm sounding crazy even as I type this but I'll keep going anyway ...... Also I've such early symptoms!!! I've had two previous pregnancies and never had symptoms this early! I know every pregnancy is different! BUT I actually got a positive test 6 days before my missed period!! Also the cramping is unreal this time around and the tiredness is extreme! I'm also "feeling" very full and pregnant and I'm gaining weight fast, I've a big appetite also this time but trying hard to eat healthy! I am being really good with my diet and getting out for a walk but I feel like I'm getting bigger by the day!ni also had this wears dream about twins two nights ago! (Probably just my subconscious mind) I'm only 5+2 so it's very very early days for me! I'll be having Scan in 3 weeks when I'm 8weeks. Fingers crossed! I'll be very happy to have 1 healthy baby growing inside of me but I can't shake this "twin" feeling. Have you kind ladies any thoughts? Am I going crazy???:)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Is there room in the club for one more...?

cakescakes wrote: »
    Question : did anyone here have a twin pregnancy before ? Reason I ask is I have this "gut" feeling I'm carrying twins! Crazy as that sounds, it's just a "feeling". I still think I'm sounding crazy even as I type this but I'll keep going anyway ...... Also I've such early symptoms!!! I've had two previous pregnancies and never had symptoms this early! I know every pregnancy is different! BUT I actually got a positive test 6 days before my missed period!! Also the cramping is unreal this time around and the tiredness is extreme! I'm also "feeling" very full and pregnant and I'm gaining weight fast, I've a big appetite also this time but trying hard to eat healthy! I am being really good with my diet and getting out for a walk but I feel like I'm getting bigger by the day!ni also had this wears dream about twins two nights ago! (Probably just my subconscious mind) I'm only 5+2 so it's very very early days for me! I'll be having Scan in 3 weeks when I'm 8weeks. Fingers crossed! I'll be very happy to have 1 healthy baby growing inside of me but I can't shake this "twin" feeling. Have you kind ladies any thoughts? Am I going crazy???:)

HA! I thought that too! Kept dreaming it...had myself convinced, but nope just the one, just put my symptoms down to it being pregnancy number 2!

I've never ate as much takeaway in my life. I'm trying to be healthy but I'm so tired and cannot stand the look of raw meat. Threw out a chicken that was in date cause it smelled "off". Hubby couldn't smell anything!
    Also finding I get very full very easy, at night I'm so bloated and nauseus like I've overate!

Welcome sofa king! congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jene

Im glad to hear the scans went well. I had my doctors appointment today, everything went well. and ive booked in for my first hospital appointment on the 12 october in Holles St. cant wait.

Welcome Sofa King :)

Javagal thanks and u know what my mind is just in overdrive ;) God knows 1 baby would be just lovely!!:) anyway I just gotta wait and see & let nature take its course!
    Welcome sofa king! What are your dates?

I am beyond tired the past few days, get a full 9 hour sleep each night then manage to have a nap during the day.

Worked a 12 hour shift yesterday and have another tomorrow :( my job isn't physically demanding but siting at a computer for 12 hours is mentally draining.

My morning sickness and acid reflux have made an appearance, bought my first bottle of gaviscon yesterday. Forgot how vile it tasted.

Told my mam and dad today and they were delighted for us, we've had 2 family bereavement's this year on my mam's side so it's something for her to look forward too.

I saw a fortune teller a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant and the twins card came out so I'm delighted Iv had a scan and know there's only one in there.

Is there any twins in your or your other halfs family?

Am I the only one with insomnia? I sleep for about 30 mins at a time at night.. Wrecked

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!

We haven't had our first scan yet but April 6th is the date we've been told so far and to follow suit with everyone else, this is our second child.

Am I th only male in this thread? ;)

KarKar10 wrote: »
    I saw a fortune teller a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant and the twins card came out so I'm delighted Iv had a scan and know there's only one in there.

Is there any twins in your or your other halfs family?

I have first cousins who are twins on my mothers side but that's it. It's probably one baby alright... I know the older you get the more likelihood of twins but I think I'd cope nicely with one more baby now :) I just would love to give a sibling to my DD. it's great to give good news after family bereavements... Babies are miricles and blessings! X

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Hi there. Due number 4 early April. Have a 5, 3 and 2 year olds. Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Sofa King wrote: »
    Thanks guys!

We haven't had our first scan yet but April 6th is the date we've been told so far and to follow suit with everyone else, this is our second child.

Am I th only male in this thread? ;)

So far Sofa King but you're more than welcome. Is this your first baby?

Hi ladies and gentleman, how is everyone this evening? Having a rough day myself.. Awful cramping... Had to take paracitamol and not even rest helped! So I went to my Gp and I'm booked in for an early scan on Monday! On bed rest for the weekend and I have a "letter" for the hospital should I need it over weekend. Afraid of ectopic, but no bleeding so hopefully things will just settle. I wish I could report better news.. Sorry for negative post! Hope u guys are all good though. Happy thoughts happy thoughts :-))) !!!

Hi ladies and gentleman, how is everyone this evening? Having a rough day myself.. Awful cramping... Had to take paracitamol and not even rest helped! So I went to my Gp and I'm booked in for an early scan on Monday! On bed rest for the weekend and I have a "letter" for the hospital should I need it over weekend. Afraid of ectopic, but no bleeding so hopefully things will just settle. I wish I could report better news.. Sorry for negative post! Hope u guys are all good though. Happy thoughts happy thoughts :-))) !!!

Fingers crossed all ok cakes.. hopefully you're just doing too much..

Nothing new to report here. Still wrecked but can't sleep.

Welcome SofaKing!! Will be great to hear a mans perspective of pregnancy.

CakesCakes hopefully you won't be needing that letter at all over the weekend, just get plenty of rest and try not to worry yourself to much! I was so panicky on my first pregnancy I'd say Holles St were sick of seeing me, once you get over the 12 weeks try to enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible.

Sorry in advance for the TMI but morning sickness has upped itself to a whole other level...constant nausea and puking all day/night :(

Hope the rest of you's have a lovely weekend without a hint of morning sickness, cramping or insomnia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

UK bank holiday weekend and it's badly needed! Time for ALL THE SLEEP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Take care cakescakes. Try to take it easy. The tiredness is something else on this baby. Also (what I think are) stretching pains. Thought I wouldn't have any more stretching to do after 3 babies! Can't wait for the 12 week mark so we can start telling people. I'm sure my MIL thinks I'm the laziest going. Always seem to be lying on the couch when she calls

• Advertisement

So far Sofa King but you're more than welcome. Is this your first baby?

This is our second after 7 years...

Advertisement