Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due April 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cakescakes

Oh no javagal.... How many weeks are you again? So far no nausea here but I don't wanna jinx it! Hey... How inconsiderate of your dog also!! 😂 I'm with u on the not sleeping though ... Maybe it's subconscious anxiety with me though. I must try relax about all this ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

I'm 6 weeks today and thought I was getting away without any morning/all day sickness, currently sitting in work struggling to hold down some fruit!

Luckily I'm on a weeks holidays from work as of tomorrow, I mainly work 12 hours shifts so I'm dreading how tiring that's going to be further along the line!!

Thinking of telling both sets of grandparents soon, they'll surely notice with me not drinking at the weddings!

Hope you're all keeping well ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 20_kg_loser

Just found out today I'm pregnant on our 4th,we have 4 year old,2 year old&1year old,think I'm due at towards the end of April,very excited,really tired&boobs are killing me!hope we all have happy&healthy pregnancy's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

cakescakes wrote: »
    Oh no javagal.... How many weeks are you again? So far no nausea here but I don't wanna jinx it! Hey... How inconsiderate of your dog also!! 😂 I'm with u on the not sleeping though ... Maybe it's subconscious anxiety with me though. I must try relax about all this ðŸ˜

I'm 6+4 by my dates, 7+4 from the doctors wheely thing!
    Sickness is coming in waves, No throwing up so I can cope with it with the toddler!
    I'm actually kind of happy to be feeling sick. I thought I was miscarrying and now a new symptom yay!

Has anyone been on these groups before?
    I was part of July 2012 and we have a Facebook group, talk everyday and count one of the girls as a very close friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 taylorsterling

javagal wrote: »
    I thought I was miscarrying and now a new symptom yay

should we be worrying if we don't get new symptoms?! your quote is really scary....

• Advertisement

Javagal I was apart of the May 2012 group but only briefly commented in it when I had the time too so going to make more of an effort this time!

So what hospital is everyone in? I'm with Holles St, registered the day after I found out and still haven't received anything from them....I'm so out of the loop, should I even get a confirmation letter off them does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 taylorsterling

I registered with Holles St last week. Two days later I had my paperwork in the post, I'm booked in for my first appointment and my 20 week scan too!

When are you due? I'm April 2rd-ish...

I'm due April the 10th, haha actually forgot what date and had to ask my other half...baby brain already!

Hmmm I might give them a ring tomorrow, my address has changed since I was last there so I'm hoping it won't go to my old house.

should we be worrying if we don't get new symptoms?! your quote is really scary....

No No not at all, I've been spotting on and off

• Registered Users Posts: 11 harlser

Are you having your baby in UK or Ireland? Just wondering as I am living in Northern Ireland but there's no way I want to have the baby here, ive had no good experience with the health care system up here and it gives me no confidence, im moving home for closer to the time, no way I'd relax otherwise.
    pythonista wrote: »
    My symptoms seem to be chopping and changing by the day - some days I feel really sick, some days my boobs are agony, some days I'm just absolutely wrecked. Slept 10 hours last night - I couldn't even make it to the end of the football and that's really unusual for me!

We're waiting to tell our parents face to face - which is awkward because we're in the UK and our families are in Ireland! Probably late September/early October at this stage, and I should be around 12-14 weeks by then.

• Advertisement

Im due the 7th on my first, all very exciting and scary at the same time. Congrats to all you girls

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

harlser wrote: »
    Are you having your baby in UK or Ireland? Just wondering as I am living in Northern Ireland but there's no way I want to have the baby here, ive had no good experience with the health care system up here and it gives me no confidence, im moving home for closer to the time, no way I'd relax otherwise.

Definitely in the UK - feel a lot safer here than I would back home, also my local hospital (less than 1km away) has a really nice birth centre.

harlser wrote: »

Definitely in the UK - feel a lot safer here than I would back home, also my local hospital (less than 1km away) has a really nice birth centre.

9 hours sleep last night and I still feel like I could take another 2-3 now. Feck sake like.

Ive had nothing but bad experience with medical services in Northern Ireland, I will definitely be going home for the birth.

Ive had nothing but bad experience with medical services in Northern Ireland, I will definitely be going home for the birth.

Exactly the opposite in London - a few long waits here and there but things seem to be pretty on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi, just found out I'm due the end of April with our second. Still in shock it's happened so quickly. I'm going to Mullingar.

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Hi, just found out I'm due the end of April with our second. Still in shock it's happened so quickly. I'm going to Mullingar.

Congrats! Did you get pregnant straight away? I got pregnant my second month trying, we're so lucky. I thought it would've taken up to a year.

Straight away, took only 3 months last time and even less this time! Delighted but still taking it in. I don't know how I'll manage two.. :O

How are you feeling? I'm ok so far, few mild waves of nausea and a little light headed but nothing to complain about. Had a great pregnancy last time bar some rib pain later in the pregnancy so hopefully will be as lucky this time.

Im 38 years old... Second baby. Feeling emotionally all over the place... Kinda like it's now or never, can I do this?, what if I miscarry again!!! My first DD is almost 5! (Born at 29 weeks) so I've a bit of history and hence the anxiety which I know is not good for me!! Gonna turn to meditation CDs I think and some prayer thrown in for good measure:)

• Advertisement

Im 38 years old... Second baby. Feeling emotionally all over the place... Kinda like it's now or never, can I do this?, what if I miscarry again!!! My first DD is almost 5! (Born at 29 weeks) so I've a bit of history and hence the anxiety which I know is not good for me!! Gonna turn to meditation CDs I think and some prayer thrown in for good measure:)

have you ever heard of gentle birth? it's all about positive affirmations and taking control of and preparing yourself for birth. it's not my type of thing but they have a facebook page you could look at. they do classes and meditation cds etc, a friend of mine did it for her pregnancy after a miscarriage and she found it really helpful.

take care.

I'm right there with you with anxiety. I had such a bad Labour, it was reported to hiqa to be investigated..some of it included a very bad haemorrhage and my heart stopped. So looking into the gentle birthing to calm my nerves.
    We must be bloody mad!

Javagal oh it sounds like you were through the wars!!!! Of course all that anxiety is going to pop up again for you! Any traumatic event is so damaging to the emotions!!! and we think we might have dealt with "stuff" but subconsciously there is still some lurking behind :) I'm resting a lot... I'm only 4 weeks pregnant which is SO early but I feel SO pregnant!!! Tiredness, cramping (which eases with rest) and sore boobies! Last time around I felt if I didn't keep going I would appear "weak" and Ott with pregnancy symptoms but this time around I'm more wise and I honestly don't care what people think... If I feel I need to take a rest then I will... Whatever it takes to help this pregnancy develop! X

Early scan yesterday - I'm apparently 9 weeks along rather than closer to 7 like I thought. New EDD is March 22nd so time to skip off to the March thread! Thankfully just one baby with a good healthy heartbeat. :)

Best of luck in your journey ahead!! Delighted scan went well for you! Take care!

Early scan yesterday - I'm apparently 9 weeks along rather than closer to 7 like I thought. New EDD is March 22nd so time to skip off to the March thread! Thankfully just one baby with a good healthy heartbeat. :)

Congrats! have my early scan tomorrow too!!

Hi, Can I ask why you're having early scans? have confirmation appointment with Doc. tomorrow, but assume wont get a hospital scan until 14+ weeks..

In my case it was because I was very unsure on dates because I hadn't had a period since May. We went private for an early one and the £100 that it cost us at a Harley St clinic was well worth it - I've had my 12 week scan on the NHS moved forward by a week as a result too.

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Hi, Can I ask why you're having early scans? have confirmation appointment with Doc. tomorrow, but assume wont get a hospital scan until 14+ weeks..

I'm spotting every few days so going to see all is ok/also not entirely sure on dates. Was referred to Early pregnancy unit in A&E

• Advertisement

Best of luck Pythonista!! I'd love to be 4 weeks ahead...my last period was actually 5 days late and wasn't really proper (without going into details) pregnancy test was negative though so there's no point getting my hopes up.

I'm literally exhausted the past 2 days, full 9 hours sleep then I nap when my 3 year old does around lunch time, thankfully I'm on a weeks holidays from work. Can only eat small portions at the min too.

Suffered terrible with acid reflux the last time round and really hoping it doesn't start this pregnancy!

The baby is the size of a blueberry this week, I think it's gas when I look at the blueberries in the fridge...next week it'll be another fruit to giggle at!

Advertisement