Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

• 08-03-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭

Sure this was mentioned before but can't find it. Anyway, new vid out showing a bit of gameplay and Tony confirming it will have the best of TH 1 & 2 (my series favourites). I've been wanting to play that warehouse level of TH 1 on my ps3 for years!!

I just hope they have some form of multiplayer on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Aw man I cannot wait for this! Soundtrack needs to be awesome!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This will be a day 1 purchase for me, LOVED the original 2 Tony Hawk games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can't wait, Will def be buying this on day 1 :) The first two games were classics and loved them when I was younger, not a fan of any of the games since Project 8 though.

I hope the soundtrack has some of the songs from the original games too, it's amazing how many bands I got listening to just from Tony Hawk and Matt Hoffman games :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The HD treatment is looking nice as well compared to the original below:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I honestly cannot wait for this. I became disillusioned by this franchise after HH3 so to go back to it's roots with stunning HD graphics is going to be brilliant!

They are using a completely new engine for the game so I hope it stays faithful to the old one :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cannot wait for this! :) So many were put into the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-4 (1,2 and 3 being my favourite) and Underground series as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

The old games were abolsutely classic. I actually liked the heavier feel of the controls in the old one compared to the light as a feather, jump 2 miles in the air, of the later ones.

I'll probably pick this up if it is a good revisit to the olden days. It'd be purely for nostalgia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Here are 1200 of my finest points Microsoft, take them and give me this game please!!!!!!!!!

Back to basics, is a great move for this series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    Here are 1200 of my finest points Microsoft, take them and give me this game please!!!!!!!!!

Is it a download rather than a retail release?

I look forward to this as well, although it will take an awful lot to undo eight or so games of mediocrity. It's a brilliantly cynical decision to reboot now, however.

Apparantly it is

• Advertisement

Jaysus, it's like a Mods convention in here. I'd say it will be digital only, will be interesting to see the price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Jaysus, it's like a Mods convention in here. I'd say it will be digital only, will be interesting to see the price
    1200pts I'd imagine. If Activision put the squeeze on it could go up to 1600. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

gizmo wrote: »
    1200pts I'd imagine. If Activision put the squeeze on it could go up to 1600. :o

What's that in real money for us PS3 users?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Download only? That makes me a sad panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    What's that in real money for us PS3 users?
    1200 point games are usually £9.99/$14.99 on the PS3. Now sure what that works out in euro on the PSN. :o

I'd say it will be 15 euro on PSN as Sony not really interested in making sure the exchange rates are perfect! If this would be sold on discs, that could be bumped to 20 or 25 so glad it's digital only

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Tony Hawks is one of the few games that I recall that is actually best played on a Dualshock! Oh, the amount of grinds and Christ Airs pulled off on my rugged ol' PS2 controller :) PS3 for this one, mos def.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tony Hawks is one of the few games that I recall that is actually best played on a Dualshock! Oh, the amount of grinds and Christ Airs pulled off on my rugged ol' PS2 controller :) PS3 for this one, mos def.

I used to love looking for the biggest jump I could find and doing a massive Christ Air off it, no spins or anything, just holding it for the whole jump. Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU all.

I may need to buy a 2nd hand PS3 for this one game, as I don't think it'll come out on the PC :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Can. Not. Wait. Genuinely excited about this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I'd thought it was a download when I read the title, I'm past the point of wanting expiences like this, retro-revivals, on discs. It a hundred times more convient to have it on my hard drive.

Syferus wrote: »
    I'd thought it was a download when I read the title, I'm past the point of wanting expiences like this, retro-revivals, on discs. It a hundred times more convient to have it on my hard drive.
    You obviously didnt read the thread :) it is a download title :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Meesared wrote: »
    You obviously didnt read the thread :) it is a download title :p

Ironic that I was responding to another post intimating ivey were sad it was a downloadable title, then. Take you own advice ;)

You should quote a specific post if your replying to a post from way back otherwise your post just looks like a comment :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

There will be multiplayer :) -
    Nostalgic gamers from the 90s are in for a treat with the revamped "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD." No official date has been set for the game's release, but between this week's Game Developers Conference and recent interviews with the man himself, some details about the skateboarding sensation have been revealed.

Enlarge
    (Photo: Facebook)
    Nostalgic gamers from the 90s are in for a treat with the revamped “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD.” No official date has been set for the game’s release, but between this week’s Game Developers Conference and recent interviews with the man himself, some details about the skateboarding sensation have been revealed.
    1. Not all levels will be in the HD version. The remake will only feature the most popular levels from the first two games, according to GameRant. Hawk and Activision had the fans in mind when deciding with stages to include, selecting levels based on the most popular downloaded content. Eventually, the amount of downloads will decide if stages from the third and fourth editions make it into the game.

2. More lively mechanics. Robomodo, the studio that will be producing the game, reached out to original creators Neversoft to pinpoint the level geometry from some of the series' best locations. This means that the stages will copy all elements of the original, but in a more realistic and graphically defined way. "It's the same gameplay, same control scheme, but it's the best of our first two games," Hawk said in an interview with USA Today. "The hardware has come so far since our first two games that I don't think people realize how much better our game could be just with that aspect.

3. Easy, fun controls just like the original. Carrying on the style of every other game in the franchise, Tony Hawk in HD will also feature an automatically moving character. Players control the jumps, grabs and tricks to total points. Game reviewers for USA Today described the game saying it "feels as fun to play as the original."

4. Tony Hawk in the social media era. The high-definition skate simulator will add another competitive aspect to the new game. "Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD" will integrate the use of Facebook. Details haven't been confirmed, but a safe assumption may be that scores will be shared on the social networking site.

5. Multiplayer mode and release date. The game will include a multiplayer option, allowing up to four players to participate in different game modes including Horse. No official date is confirmed, but the Pro Skater remake will launch for the Xbox sometime this year.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/312169/20120309/tony-hawk-pro-skater-hd-release-date.htm

I hope there is a online timed run leaderboard as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

#3 was my personal favourite. Thought it had the best level design by a mile. But could still see myself picking this up. Was one of the few games I was ever half-good at. I remember pulling off a few million point combos in #3 to the amazement of my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Number 3 had the best soundtrack too.

J. Marston wrote: »
    No Superman = not best sound track

Are reverts making into this? Definitely a brilliant game changer for part 3. After manuals it was the only truly important addition to the moveset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

J. Marston wrote: »

:)

3 was my personal favourite aswell, purely because I got a PS2 with THPS 3, GTA III and WWE Smackdown: Just Bring It one Christmas and I played those 3 an unhealthy amount.

I did however love the **** out of the first game, I had it on Dreamcast. lol

Advertisement