Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Stereo: Low volume sound and through one speaker only

Options
  • 23-09-2014 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi guys! I have a lovely 1997 Daihatsu Charade and she's a great little runner. Recently a problem seems to have occurred with the stereo which is a Blaupunkt Meran Cr45. AYou can only hear audio through the right speaker (a week or two ago it was the left) and you have to turn the volume up pretty much all the way to hear anything. The radio unit itself seems to work fine: it picks up the stations, the tape deck works and it doesn't turn off. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Would really appreciate any help. I'd like to get this sorted myself rather than bring it somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

macdermg wrote: »
    Hi guys! I have a lovely 1997 Daihatsu Charade and she's a great little runner. Recently a problem seems to have occurred with the stereo which is a Blaupunkt Meran Cr45. AYou can only hear audio through the right speaker (a week or two ago it was the left) and you have to turn the volume up pretty much all the way to hear anything. The radio unit itself seems to work fine: it picks up the stations, the tape deck works and it doesn't turn off. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Would really appreciate any help. I'd like to get this sorted myself rather than bring it somewhere.

Considering the age of the car the fault could be in a few different places. My advice --as I repair radios every day --is to fit radio into another car or on a workbench and see how it behaves . There is a possibility you have djs on pcb at output stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 macdermg

Thanks for the advice. I want to change the current radio for a CD player I have at home. If it means I have to take the current one out to sort the problem I would be happy to change it altogether. Would the car be able to handle the CD player power wise do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

macdermg wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I want to change the current radio for a CD player I have at home. If it means I have to take the current one out to sort the problem I would be happy to change it altogether. Would the car be able to handle the CD player power wise do you reckon?

A replacement stereo should work perfectly providing there are no problems with any of your speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 macdermg

A replacement stereo should work perfectly providing there are no problems with any of your speakers.

Great, I'll give that a try and see how it works. Thanks again!

Advertisement