Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

24 arrests in Waterford drugs haul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

jo06555 wrote: »
    Fixed the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

That was quite the sting. Just heard it on the national news there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jasus lock up your daughters everything that isn't nailed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Heard it on the radio dropping me ma to work. Well done to the Waterford Gardaí. They should be proud of themselves. Drugs have been destroying Waterford for far too long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im delighted :D theres too much drugs around the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Operation Raptor was set up to target the three main drug dealing gangs in the city and county, focusing in particular on heroin and ecstasy.

Cool name isn't it, Operation Raptor?
    Also, who are these three main gangs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

longshanks wrote: »
    Operation Raptor was set up to target the three main drug dealing gangs in the city and county, focusing in particular on heroin and ecstasy.

Cool name isn't it, Operation Raptor?
    Also, who are these three main gangs?

I would reckon plenty will have a fair idea who will be, involved, in this. Dont think it wise to speculate using names on thread however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Finneen

When will their names get released?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I wont get to excited yet il wait and see i anyone goes to jail before i get my hopes up.

Anyone see any of these raids?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't live on Ballybeg, so no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 trinibops

did all of this happen in ballybeg nd wat time??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Twenty-four people have been arrested in Waterford as part of a major garda operation targeting heroin and ecstasy dealing in the city.

Over 80 gardaí from the local and national drug units searched over 20 houses throughout the city.

The 23 men and one woman, aged between 17 and 47, are facing a total of 94 charges.

They are due before a special sitting of Waterford District Court tonight.

For the past six months, undercover gardaí have been sourcing drugs from dealers in Waterford city, Ballybeg and other suburban areas.

The 24 are being detained at Waterford, Dungarvan and Tramore Garda Stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭tobey

i always wondered why i knew who they were and were they lived and how the guards didnt, maybe they were just waiting to build a case, ill take bets that maybe four out of the total get charged

mike65 wrote: »
    Don't live on Ballybeg, so no.

Because all drug dealers 'live on Ballybeg'?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Well done to the guards on this one. Hopefully they put enough work in to secure a proper conviction for the majority if not all of the scum involved!! It would be a pity to see them get off on a technicality or something stupid:mad:

With a bit of luck we might see a drop in all these robberies of late.....I know it's alot to ask but hopefully some good will come out of this:cool:

How the hell are they going to transfer 24 people to court tonight ??? All in a paddy wagon with 1 cop maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

jo06555 wrote: »
    How the hell are they going to transfer 24 people to court tonight ??? All in a paddy wagon with 1 cop maybe :)

Dont know....but I'm going to take a spin down tonight if I'm around and see what it's like down there!:p

I've watched the two seasons of Love/Hate and reckon I have a pretty good idea how this whole business works. Would anyone care to join me in an enterprising new adventure? The moneys pretty good, I'm led to believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Plenty more scumbags to take their places and line their pockets. The war on drugs is lost and the sooner the Irish government realises this the better. Of course they wont though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

****in delighted all these heroin dealers are getting caught. I know it'll sound stupid but i dont mind the fella dealin the odd bitta smoke like but once you go onto heroin, coke, bangers etc i think you sgould be locked up and the key thrown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

DaleB91 wrote: »
    ****in delighted all these heroin dealers are getting caught. I know it'll sound stupid but i dont mind the fella dealin the odd bitta smoke like

it does a bit, cannabis is a gateway drug and some strong strains can cause bad psyclogical damage in the very young people they target the poison at

10pm special sitting tonite gonna be lively down that way later....

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I hope they go easy on them and give the a lenient or suspended sentence as im sure they had though time growing up.

So...........................who went for a look? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

longshanks wrote: »
    Because all drug dealers 'live on Ballybeg'?

I would guess that some may have a ballybeg address , but live elsewhere .

Also reckon it will be the runners that were mainly caught and I bet the ones making the big money are still out there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I think I know a few but not quite sure because no names released, the age group fits someone in particular who I think it might be.

deisedave wrote: »
    I think I know a few but not quite sure because no names released, the age group fits someone in particular who I think it might be.

The age group of 17 to 50? Sounds like lots of people alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

That's all we need in this recession, drug prices increasing! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

kryogen wrote: »

Pm sent btw if your the lad who works in revs you should know him as well, at least to see him but I am sure you know the name. :)

• Advertisement

deisedave wrote: »
    kryogen wrote: »

Pm sent btw if your the lad who works in revs you should know him as well, at least to see him but I am sure you know the name. :)
    I went down for a stroll seeing a few faces their was a TV camera and photographer taking pics of each as they came from the prison van only 6 at a time I think so it could go on late into the night .

Advertisement