Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

• 20-09-2011 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

For all platforms .

More info here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Played it at the weekend... It's pretty damn good

The sound system is actually immense

Crap quality, but there you go...

e1244c8d989043a7aa4bda13173ac5e2_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Cannot wait to play this, will be one of the handful of games i actually buy this winter thanks to the old student budget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Heres a great deal for buying BATTLEFIELD 3 LE

You also get 3 pairs of DKNY Boxers .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056398448&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digestthread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

early BF3 Beta keys on screen during gamespot promo podcast...

hfxAq.png

Its up on the PSN STORE now lads ....go get it !

• Advertisement

mixednuts wrote: »

Wut?! But my PS3 is a 40 minute drive away from me! NOOOOOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Takes a while to get into to, but once you do... Awesome! Pre-ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

What size is the download?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It was 1.3Gb on the 360 and took me less than 10 mins to download. The PS3 file on the other hand is taking 1hr+ at this stage, PSN is a load of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Release Battlefield 3 beta, take store down for maintenance good going !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

What the heck are PS thinking taking the store down for maintenance.

I suspect Infinity Ward :pac:

Also can't play it either cause PSN is down .

:(

Anyone got an idea when it's due back up ?

Also can't play it either cause PSN is down .

:(

Anyone got an idea when it's due back up ?

Only supposed to be 2 hours.

I signed in before it was taken offline, almost finished downloading :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

SQUAD UP

It's back up .

HA! Beta crashed joining my very first game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

not impressed with the build or gameplay, they have alot of bugs to iron out. Think they should have included a conquest mode aswell as rush. have it pre-ordered as massive battlefield fan but in its current state it ain't a patch on Bad Company 2 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

says the store is down for me at moment.... :mad:

Are guys with stars beside their names DICE staffers?

not impressed with the build or gameplay, they have alot of bugs to iron out. Think they should have included a conquest mode aswell as rush. have it pre-ordered as massive battlefield fan but in its current state it ain't a patch on Bad Company 2 imo.

First day of beta you have to expect plenty of bugs, and I agree it does need tweaking but I started really getting into it before I had to go to work :(

Don't think they should have added kills/deaths to leaderboard though, think it will ultimately discourage teamwork which is really where BF thrives!

Overall as a big BC2 fan, I'm happy although I do expect some major bug fixes and tweaking before release...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Fenix wrote: »
    First day of beta you have to expect plenty of bugs, and I agree it does need tweaking but I started really getting into it before I had to go to work :(

Don't think they should have added kills/deaths to leaderboard though, think it will ultimately discourage teamwork which is really where BF thrives!

Overall as a big BC2 fan, I'm happy although I do expect some major bug fixes and tweaking before release...

ya i am with ya on the K/D, i hope its just the rush mode that has that, seems they are taking on COD in bigger way than i expected. I know it will be cleaned up nice and smooth by next week and the final build will be better. i expect a huge patch on launch day as i would imagine its almost gone gold.

The AK47U is a curse of a gun and should be banned from every game made from here on out.

Are guys with stars beside their names DICE staffers?

Think they are just squad leaders afaik, really handy way of getting points, just assign which site to attack and watch the points roll in...

Fenix wrote: »
    Think they are just squad leaders afaik, really handy way of getting points, just assign which site to attack and watch the points roll in...

Ha yeah, realized this after i was made squad leader. Didn't know you could assign tasks though :O

Just scope at one of the sites when ur squad leader and hit select. Seemed buggy earlier :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Ffs lads. After half downloading and getting cut off due to maintenance it takes me from 8 until like 9.30 to download and install, now when I press find game it won't even work? I press X and it pops up real fast matchmaking... What do I do

Guy at level 43 on here...

Edit: just seein it's only 5000 per level, oops!

I feel a little let down TBH.

I know it's only a BETA and maybe it's just this particular map , but it feels a bit like a COD sell out so far , and it's playing up to the MW fanboy .
    It just doesn't have that "battlefield" feel off it .

I can't see this map producing many if those Battlefield moments that are unscripted and epic and always happen across this particular range of games by DICE.

Early days I know but I'm no COD fan :o

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Is it just me , or the graphics looks worse than bad company 2 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

twinsen wrote: »
    Is it just me , or the graphics looks worse than bad company 2 ?

they're turned down for the beta - what you expect for 1.1GB
    On PC beta they are much better, but res still capped to 720p.. I'd say the PC beta is more representative of what the PS3 version will look like. That said is annoying my laptop is better than my PS3 right now!

Overall I really like it - prone is back which makes it interesting. Mechanics of the game are good, but like said before it's not indicative of true BF capabilities or wants.. Conquest over on PC looks much more like it with jets, tanks, etc..
    This map (Metro) in the alpha had tanks - but they've been removed.

I also think ppl think this like a sell out and more COD like 'cos it's filled with COD folks.. Yet to be revived.. Chased a team mate all over the metro last night hitting select for him to drop an ammo box and he never once did.. Luckily I had my handgun to shoot at him.. Basically everyone just doing their own thing :(
    But once I got in to a proper BF type squad we worked well as a unit and thrashed the opposition who were trying to do it all on their own.

So far - really liking it.. Pity about the myriad of bugs right now on both PC and PS3 (trust me, PC has a lot more bugs) - but it's trending the right way.

Advertisement