Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any 'Porcupine tree' fan here?

Options
  • 31-10-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

So, recently I've become a crazy fan of Porcupine tree. I love all of their songs and the music's just too awesome and dreamy. my top three favorite songs are:

1. Lazarus
    2.Trains
    3.Arriving somewhere but not here

and many more, basically if it's a song of Porcupine tree, I'm into it! XD
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ashames to say I have never listened to them....
    Recommend an album for somebody to give em a blast?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 utopian911

Actually, it depends. not everyone would love their songs.to me, after listening to their songs several times, I was in love with them. their music is just so dreamy and it's introduced me in a whole new world!
    I only listened to their greatest hits , oh how i wish i had all of their albums! :(
    but anyway, their "In absentia", "Deadwing" and "Fear of a blank planet" albums are great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

My favourite album is Fear Of A Blank Planet, with sentimental being my preferred song from it. Give it a blast:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

In absentia is one of my favourite albums of all time!

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

voyage 34 is a "time and place" album, i like to listen to it driving.
    "the sky moves sideways" is a fantastic early album

fear of a black planet is perhaps their most accessible album, and their peak.

personally i like the last album "the Incident" and im a big fan of steve wilsons solo stuff too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Lightbulb Sun is my favourite album of theirs, but they've released so many great albums during their career. One of the greatest bands of the past 25 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A rare visitor to this forum, great to see Porcupine Tree getting mentioned. There is a lot of love for them in the Rock + Metal forum.

One of my favourite bands to grace this earth, Steven Wilson is an outright genius. My favourite album is Lightbulb Sun, I would recommend Fear of a Blank Planet for people to listen to, then In Absentia and Deadwing. Jesus I love these guys, the Royal Albert Hall show (their last if I recall correctly) was a masterclass in musicianship, songwriting and live performance. Arriving Somewhere But Not Here just blew me away (despite seeing it in Belfast 2 days previously).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 leroy d

Saw these guys in concert at the Tripod in Dublin a few years ago and they blew my mind!. I have been going to gigs for 35 years and this show was right up there. "Deadwing is my favourite album"

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

leroy d wrote: »
    Saw these guys in concert at the Tripod in Dublin a few years ago and they blew my mind!. I have been going to gigs for 35 years and this show was right up there. "Deadwing is my favourite album"

Have Steves New album pre-ordered since before Christmas. ... So looking forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 thecamcam

i heard deadwing by accident , and loved them since then - halo being my fav tune , that f*cking backbeat jeez

• Advertisement
Advertisement