Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions Please: Midwifery or Montessori

• 01-03-2012 10:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48

Hi all,

I need some advice please, I deferred a Midwifery place in college (mature student) last year, and am due to start in September. I am now wondering if this course is for me as I have also always had an interest in Montessori teaching but felt that midwifery would offer me more job prospects but I am not so sure anymore and would hate to spend 4 years in college to end up with no work.
    Would I be very foolish to give up the midwifery degree, given it is so hard to get a place on this course and pursue Montessori with a view to eventually setting up my own school.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

Daizee wrote: »
    Hi all,

I need some advice please, I deferred a Midwifery place in college (mature student) last year, and am due to start in September. I am now wondering if this course is for me as I have also always had an interest in Montessori teaching but felt that midwifery would offer me more job prospects but I am not so sure anymore and would hate to spend 4 years in college to end up with no work.
    Would I be very foolish to give up the midwifery degree, given it is so hard to get a place on this course and pursue Montessori with a view to eventually setting up my own school.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Hey there,
    Well I don't have much advice for you I'm afraid, however I am a 3rd year mature midwifery student and all I will say is unless your heart is 100% in midwifery (which going by your post it doesn't seem to be) don't do it!
    This course is so demanding, far more demanding than I would have ever thought it would be before I started! I love it (there are days i hate it). I love midwifery & have done so for an extremely long time, it's been a passion for years! If I wasn't so passionate about it I reckon I would have dropped out by now as the academic side of the course is very challenging.

I feel if you are not overly passionate about midwifery well then it's a tough course to do!

Go with your gutt instinct!
    If you want anymore information about the course feel free to ask!
    Best of luck

Advertisement