Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Live at the 02 July 2011

• 08-11-2010 9:45am
    Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭

Possible Noct Event for July 2011? :D

I know I'll be trying to nail down some money for it.
    BATMAN LIVE
    WORLDWIDE ARENA TOUR

WORLD PREMIERE KICKS OFF JULY 2011
    DUBLIN & BELFAST DATES CONFIRMED

28 Sept to 1 October - THE O2 DUBLIN / 5 to 8 October - ODYSSEY ARENA BELFAST.

TICKETS GO ON SALE FRIDAY 12 NOVEMBER AT 9AM...

Visually stunning live production to feature Batman and a host of iconic characters
    and settings from the famed world of DC Comics

BURBANK, Calif., - November 8, 2010 - Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), DC Entertainment and Nick Grace of Water Lane Productions Ltd (WLP) announced today that BATMAN LIVE - a unique action-packed live show - will tour arenas for the first time ever across the UK and Europe, beginning in summer 2011 and arriving in North America by summer 2012.

Opening in Manchester on 20th July 2011 and visiting Newcastle, Glasgow, Sheffield, Birmingham, London, Liverpool, Nottingham, Dublin and Belfast, tickets for BATMAN LIVE go on sale on Friday 12th November 2010.

BATMAN LIVE is a visually stunning production, complete with a brand new original storyline. The live show will feature Batman, his trusty counterpart Robin, tireless butler Alfred and a host of other favourite Batman characters, including Villains such as The Joker, The Riddler, Catwoman and The Penguin. The story will take place in several settings from the famed DC Comics stories, including Gotham City, Wayne Manor, the Batcave and Arkham Asylum.

"With the touring BATMAN LIVE show, we're bringing Batman's adventures to live audiences for the very first time," said Geoff Johns, Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment. "The idea that we're doing it with a production team this talented and with this much passion is thrilling."

"When a character has as wide an audience and as rich a history as Batman, it's truly exciting to see him introduced into an all-new storytelling medium," says Jim Lee, Co-Publisher, DC Comics. "BATMAN
    LIVE will bring a completely new experience to fans of the character - it's great to be able to give them something they haven't seen before."

"Batman is one of the most iconic and recognizable brands in the world," said Brad Globe, President, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. "For the very first time, we are bringing the world of Batman to life in a live show. And the fact that we are doing it within arena-sized venues is sure to be a thrill for audiences of all ages."

BATMAN LIVE, produced by Nick Grace of Water Lane Productions, will feature impressive stunts, pyrotechnics, illusions and video screen sequences. Totally authentic, bold and awe-inspiring, BATMAN LIVE will offer a completely new way to experience the world of Batman and will be a must-see for fans and families everywhere.

"BATMAN LIVE will be a totally unique experience. This is not a musical but a high quality live show with a thrilling Batman story, filled with action, that will appeal to adults, teenagers and families," said Nick Grace.

"Batman is more than a comic book character, he's a cultural phenomenon and we are proud to have this opportunity to be involved with one of the most popular DC Super Heroes in the world today."

BATMAN LIVE is based on an original story being created exclusively for the show. Creative Director is Anthony van Laast and Co-Director, James Powell. Set design by Es Devlin, music composed by James Brett, sound design by Simon Baker, lighting design by Patrick Woodroffe, video direction by Sam Pattinson, costume design by Jack Galloway. Circus sequences created, produced and managed in association with Circus Space with Bryan Donaldson and Juliette Hardy-Donaldson as circus consultants.

The world premiere of BATMAN LIVE will take place in the UK in summer 2011. Following the premiere, the show will then tour Europe, before opening in North America in summer 2012. Full tour dates will be released in November 2010.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Wonder if you're allowed bring kids to this.... little lad would love it

• Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

RedXIV wrote: »
    Wonder if you're allowed bring kids to this.... little lad would love it

I'd imagine it would be a family-friendly event. I can't find any mention so far about it having an age limit.

Will know more once the tickets are on general release.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

That sounds amazing. If I'm still in Ireland then count me in. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sounds pretty cool to me! Interested.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, I hear it'll be in The Point at some stage. My only fear is that it'll be really pants and will have "action" and not "violence" which is what any proper Batman anything needs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

THE HORROR!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If its that, no. If its anything else, maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

That was awesome!
    I hope the Batman Live show is just like that!
    Oo! Maybe it could be on ice! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I want the 21 secs I spent watching that vid back. :P

What do people reckon are the chances of this selling out quickly?

• Advertisement

Is the show actually THIS?

Come on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

this cant be good, it reminds me of all the stage shows at universal and disney.
    think terminator 3d etc.

good for 5 mins but ultimately, a bit childish.

Is anyone else thinking we should stage our own, copyright infringing, version of Batman; the musical?

>.>

<.<

....Me neither....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I ain't doing no dancing or singing ****.

:pac:

Can you scowl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Just got a text from O2. The pre-sale is on tomorrow. I will defiantly get tickets but I just hope to good the O2 dont over price it. €50 at a max, maybe €60 at a stretch...

Just looked on ticketmaster and the Irish dates aren't up yet (September 2011 is when its actually in Dublin). The ticket price in the UK are between 25 to 40 pounds....

Is that the camp opera version or the cool scowly nocturnal forum version that 02 text you about?

'the cool scowly nocturnal forum version'....

What? It exists.....

• Advertisement

I know i know.....the cool scowly nocturnal forum version is running slighty behind with regards websitage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭RedXIV

saw prices today in the paper, they start at about 25 all the way up to 55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Definately a family friendly gig, latest show each evening is 6.30 according to The O2's Events page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

all tickets 30e for 28/09/2011, other nights seats ranging from 44.20 / 33.60 / 23 Euro

Wednesday 28 September - Show 8.00pm
    Thursday 29 September - Show 8.00pm
    Friday 30 September - Show 8.00pm
    Saturday 1 October - Shows – 12noon / 4.00pm / 8.00pm

hmmm i want more details on what the show actually is

oh and i got that from here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

when i read about this first in the metro i imagined the show would start with:

and there would be a guy runnin on stage with que cards with "POW" and "BLAM" written on them!

.....and THAT would still be awesome!! :D

supposed to be on sale to o2 customers now, but when you click through the link to ticketmaster no option to buy them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The prices aint to steep. I'd like to see some stage photos, maybe even clips to see exactly what it's all about.

I've been holding this in long enough...

Maybe we can go see a...... BATiné :pac:

Galvasean wrote: »
    The prices aint to steep. I'd like to see some stage photos, maybe even clips to see exactly what it's all about.

I've been holding this in long enough...

Maybe we can go see a...... BATiné :pac:

Guffaw.....

POW WHACK BAM

Nah but really ive written this off as going to be too camp for my taste or just terrible....just really really terrible.

Ill wait for the new Batman film and tide myself over with comics till then, thank you. :pac::cool::pac:

im very intruiged by it all, "theatrical extravaganza of thrilling stunts, acrobatic acts and illusions".

30e a ticket isnt too bad, so I picked two up this morning and if it looks crap i'll just sell them closer to the time :)

• Advertisement

How long is it running for....?

Sorry im lazy.

Advertisement