Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone home button replacement?

• 02-04-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Anywhere in town i could get this done while i wait?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

What model phone is it? It's surprisingly easy to replace parts in the phones yourself and there are loads of youtube videos showing you how to do it. I've gotten parts from www.syncron.ie in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

iPhone4, ya i have seen the vids but all those small parts would test my patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it completely dead or just unresponsive? There's threads in Apple forum abut home button cleaning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Small screwdriver, blade type tool and a tweezers is all you need, you'd be able to get the part for a few euros as well http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=iphone+4+home+button&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1 the video for doing it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cflsmFSdcmI

Otherwise, most mobile phone repair shops or CompuB will do it for you. You could ask in the Apple forum on here as well of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnconway

Yes it can be repaired for €25 and it takes less then 1 hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

i can recommend the guy in foxes bow alongside blades he fixes phones and laptops too

• As Clareman said its easy to do once you follow a YouTube video and in fairness, you need the patience of a saint. I replaced the home button, battery and charge port on mine for about €15 which included the price of the tools (star screwdriver, plastic wedge thing etc). Of course, a week later I cracked the screen so I've to do that next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

you could try

settings
    general
    acceessibility
    assistivetouch
    On

and will put a floating home button on your screen, handy till you get it fixed.

• you could try

settings
    general
    acceessibility
    assistivetouch
    On

and will put a floating home button on your screen, handy till you get it fixed.

Well thats just brilliant sir! Didn't know about this feature. Went over a week turning off and on the phone to get back to the home screen :o Very handy!

Advertisement