Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What TV programmes are you watching? May contain SPOILERS.

• 06-02-2013 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Mod Edit: This thread will probably hold SPOILERS for programs you may be watching. If you read the thread you may get spoiled. Don't come whinging to me if spoilage occurs.
    I think that's pretty clear now don't ya think? :)

I watched the Richard III dig-up this evening. I do have an interest in history and I was fascinated with this story and eager to see the programme. I was disappointed with the way the programme was presented. It at times seemed more about Phillipa Langley's 'relationship' with the King than it was about the King himself. The references to Olivier's performance were irritating. I rather wish the Time Team had been in charge. Bring back Tony Robinson!!!!

On the other hand, I'm still enjoying Ripper Street. That Homer Jackson guy gets beaten up every flippin' week! He's my favourite character.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes I agree they waffled on a bit, it could have been an hour rather than nearly two. It was fascinating though, and a bit amazing the way they found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I thought that stretching the documentary out for so long pretty much ruined it. And why was the woman crying about what they found out about 'her' Richard? That seemed totally ridiculous. She was supposed to find out facts not get upset that the man was not the one she had made up in her own mind. Overall I think the show could have been cut down to half an hour or less. Very poorly done I am afraid.

Oh and yes Ripper Street is an excellent show. I am enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

What TV programmes are you watching?
    None.
    I win. :cool:
    /End thread

Oh, except for TopGear
    and the rugby
    and Attenborough
    and The Big bang Theory

and waiting for Game of Thrones
    and waiting for The F1 season to kick off
    and waiting for The Ryder Cup
    and waiting for the Winter Olympics

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

OG you are out of the game for telling fibs! I also enjoy Big Bang Theory, himself can't stand it. Sheldon needs to be psychologically analysed! :D

Just remembered also, World Without End - oh-my-gosh, can there be much more horribleness, nary a day goes by without a rape or hanging and quartering and general nastiness, and now, saints preserve us, The Plague is on its way. :eek: Still can't stop watching it though! Please tell me it ends nice and Caris gets her fella back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Given its tenuous connection to the book, anything could happen! I got bored with it, though the costumes are pretty. I wasn't all that enthused about the book, I enjoyed Pillars of the Earth but didn't think the sequel matched up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

On History; Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, American Pickers.

The Missus likes Downton Abbey & is now watching Mr Selfridge (Downton with tills).

Also anything to do with doing up old buildings like Restoration Man, etc

And, of course Top Gear & Wheeler Dealers.

I like Bargain Hunt on the BBC, digging out old antiques. Still not seen OldGoat getting dragged out of a basket in a market yet though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Rubecula wrote: »
    I like Bargain Hunt on the BBC, digging out old antiques. Still not seen OldGoat getting dragged out of a basket in a market yet though. :D
    I'm high end vintage rather then low end tat. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Did anyone watch Mayday on the gogglebox this last five nights? All the men in the town looked guilty. I wonder if the writer was playing a Hitchcock trick trying to keep us all guessing until the last minute. But I felt the finale was very disappointing. All along I was unsure whether it was a ghost story or a crime story. I feel robbed. :(

Has anyone seen Arne Dahl on BBC4 yet? I watched my first programme this week, it was episode 5 I think. Its Swedish, and a bit like an upbeat version of Wallander and a lot more happening. Some of it is subtitled, some of it in English. I think we are hooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Just finished watching The Village on BBC which was excellent, some brilliant performances from a superb cast.
    Just finished Season 7 of Dexter - riveting stuff, can't wait for Season 8
    I love watching Nurse Jackie and for a bit of 'light' entertainment I'm watching the final series of The Big C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

The Sopranos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Always watch CH4 news right after the Irish news. Brilliant broadcasting, brilliant team

Hope to see Fabulous Fashionistas on Channel 4 tonight. How can I compete with these wild ould dames?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

I have just seen the trailer for this programme - 6 wimmin whose average age is 80 who are fashion gurus! It really is something to aspire to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Any other Downton Abbey fans here? Just wondering what you thought of tonight's opening episode? For me, poor start but good ending. Looking forward to next weeks episode and hoping this series will be as good as the last three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Babylon 5, just started season 4

Layinghen wrote: »
    Any other Downton Abbey fans here? Just wondering what you thought of tonight's opening episode? For me, poor start but good ending. Looking forward to next weeks episode and hoping this series will be as good as the last three.

I missed that start but what I saw was good. Its an enjoyable series.

Yes, I watched DA this evening, and I agree, a weak beginning but gathered momentum but only with the help of Maggie Smith's withering looks (love that doll!!) Strange O'Brien has disappeared, have I forgotten so much of the plot already, or is it a mystery? The new maid will only bring trouble. That Nanny situation - a bit daft I thought. As for Thomas - oh grow up man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Yes, I watched DA this evening, and I agree, a weak beginning but gathered momentum but only with the help of Maggie Smith's withering looks (love that doll!!) Strange O'Brien has disappeared, have I forgotten so much of the plot already, or is it a mystery? The new maid will only bring trouble. That Nanny situation - a bit daft I thought. As for Thomas - oh grow up man!

No mystery with OBrien disappearing just actress didn't sign up for new series. The writer had to think of something so they said she went to the people they stayed with in Scotland in the last series. Agree with you about the Nanny, thought that was a lot about nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

I have discovered Netflix so seem to have not watched any 'real' telly in a while. So much is available thru computer with the iplayer versions or even 'live' programms. This is only feasible with decent high broadband.

"The Paradise" is back! BBCI Tonight ( Sundays) at 8pm.

I started to watch Paradise last year but gave up as I was more into Ripper. However, I am totally hooked on Homeland I'm recording the new series so I'm a bit behind at the moment. I'm not going to put any spoilers here, but I just LOVE Claire Danes portrayal of CIA officer Carrie Matheson. Am I the only girl interested in non-girlie programmes?

I love Homeland too !

Love/Hate is on tonight -This is a really great programme - the best ever from RTE. Its really vicious but there is real human kindness intermingled throughout - I suppose the title Love/Hate explains this. ( It a real pity Darren got shot - he was really good to look at! )

I have started watching Atlantis on BBC Quite like it

I have started watching Atlantis on BBC Quite like it

When is it on? Is it like the " man from Atlantis"?

Red Hare wrote: »
    When is it on? Is it like the " man from Atlantis"?

Saturday night. Lad in a submarine is tracing his missing dad's exploration. the sub is caught up in an underwater current and it implodes deep under water. He wakes up on a beach, and it is in Atlantis, he meets Medusa as a young girl, Hercules who is a fat fool and Pythagoras. His own name is Jason. It is sort of twists on Greek myth. Good stuff.

Thanks Rube, if I remember it I may check it out if I get a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

spoiler alert
    The red team win

Advertisement