Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any suggestions from you lovely O&O's

• 21-10-2014 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

On my 50th birthday, I wanted to do something memorable to make it a bit special. All my plans failed badly, except in the end I bought myself a great big motorbike, which I still have.

Now my 60th is fast approaching (ok I am giving away my age here but what the hell)

The reason for this post is I have no idea what to do to celebrate this milestone, especially when I bear in mind it is a birthday I thought a couple of years ago that I would not live to see.

What I would like from you my good friends on here (and Chucken too of course LOL LOL :pac: ) is possible suggestions for something for my birthday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,044 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Are you thinking of a gift for yourself, or a holiday, or something to do? Would you fancy something like a balloon trip or that kind of experience? Something for a day or a week, for yourself or for a group?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

To be honest Looksee I don't really know. For my 50th I had planned a sky diving trip which failed and now I am not sure I am medically fit. I tried a helicopter flight but was prevented at the last minute.

Really I just have no real idea what to plan for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Hot air balloon flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

How about a trip somewhere that you could indulge your interest in old fossils???? (Not us, of course:D:D)

There are tours in Dorset area or spread your wings and head to the Grand Canyon.

A trip in a hot air balloon also gets a vote from me. I often see them floating over East Anglia and have to say it looks like an idyllic trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,044 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You might have to put it off to next summer, but you know that gurt big aquaduct that carries a canal in north Wales, take a narrowboat trip over that and across the north of England, or at least part of it.
    This is the one I am talking about http://www.waterwaysholidays.com/wales_canals.htm thats just a website at random, there are other firms doing narrowboats. Well its something I would love to do!

• Advertisement

Some great ideas there

Maybe take up a bit of powered paragliding (I think that is the right name you sit on a chair with a big fan on the back and hang on to a parachute and fly around a bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Some great ideas on Google.....maybe add "Wales" in the search box for something local :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I've sat here cranking my brain and I came up with nuthin' for you Rube. Sorry I've no ideas at all, nothing occurs, mainly because there is nothing much I want to do myself except, just to be happy! :) So I wish you buckets of happy-ness for your birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hookers and coke. Why the hell not? :)

Take a trip to the Nürburgring in Germany and hire a taxi to take you around the track. Epic giggles for those that love speedy motors. http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/drives-fun/drives/co-pilot-rides/bmw-ring-taxi.html

After that take your own hire car around. :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Brilliant ideas folks thank you all so much. And thanks for the good wishes too, but I have a few months yet to plan things out, not ina panic yet.

keep-calm-and-don-t-panic-mr-mainwaring.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

doesn't Wales now have the longest zip wire in the world? some old quarry has been utilised to rig it up

So I have heard but on the video it looks a tad boring for the price BBDBB

Advertisement