Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the official irish rail carpark in Galway?

• 06-08-2012 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dublin2galway

I am trying to find where the car park for the rain station is. Anyone any idea?

It seems to have better day/overnight rates than any of the others around there -
    Parking & Transport Links
    Car Park Details:
    Operator: NCPS
    Spaces: 60
    Operating Hours: 24hrs
    Machine Rates: Cash or Credit Card
    €6 per day

My only problem is I can't find it! Anyone experience of it? Is it that turn on the right after the Meyrick when coming from Forster street side?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,594 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I am trying to find where the car park for the rain station is. Anyone any idea?

It seems to have better day/overnight rates than any of the others around there -
    Parking & Transport Links
    Car Park Details:
    Operator: NCPS
    Spaces: 60
    Operating Hours: 24hrs
    Machine Rates: Cash or Credit Card
    €6 per day

My only problem is I can't find it! Anyone experience of it? Is it that turn on the right after the Meyrick when coming from Forster street side?

Thanks!

Try ... that turn on the left, immediately beside the Meyrick when coming from Forster street side. Don't think you can reply on it being 24 hours though, sometimes the gates seem to close at night. And technically I think the signs say you have to be a bus/train customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dublin2galway

I'll be getting the train, so that's not a problem! Thanks a lot. Meant to say turn on left after not right....it is the one after, not before the hotel?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

2 Car Parks offer a railway rate or railway 'day' rate. This was a planning condition IIRC.

Merchants Road (the one accessible from MR and the Docks) and the Radisson Car Park. You must present the train ticket to the attendent to get the day rate.

Harbour Hotel car park offers a similar day rate with no train ticket. €8 I think.

I'll be getting the train, so that's not a problem! Thanks a lot. Meant to say turn on left after not right....it is the one after, not before the hotel?

Yes, after, not before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is there a rate for Qpark's Raddison carpark?

• Advertisement

• Might be a bit late, but the Railway carpark is in the Radisson, Fairgreen Road, signposted as this.

Might be a bit late, but the Railway carpark is in the Radisson, Fairgreen Road, signposted as this.

Yes, you are quite right, the carpark up by the Radisson has that name.

It's not the official Irish Rail carpark though. And it's not the one closest to Ceannt station either.

Advertisement