Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you write a budget for your household?

• 21-12-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

EDIT: Damn typos...

Budget? 9 votes

Yeah
    0% 0 votes
    Nahhh
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Yse but somteimes I d'ont sepnd all teh moneyz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i write it in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Only after I've used up all my money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Yes and I 'annualise' one off expenditures such as insurance, motor tax, TV licence, service charges by setting aside money each month and paying for these items out of that 'fund'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Yep, I demand that all members of my household spend less than they earn.

Good job I don't have kids. Or a high maintenance wife. Or a dog or a cat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Yes, I budget money for bills and then use it to go out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Something I've been meaning to do but kept on the back burner.

I always set aside money for rent, bills, booze, meat mentally in my head. But never properly track it, or plan it in advance. Which is something I'm going to get more into soon from next payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Yes, have to with a Wife and two kids. I get paid every 2 weeks, which is great in it's self. Hated being paid by the month, I found it very hard to manage my money.

My budget is this.

Total my bills and outgoings per month. I then divide it in two. I get paid, remove bills / expenditure and try and save the rest. The same happens with the second pay cheque of the month. Twice a year, I have 3 pay days in one month, this is what I call a bill free pay day and its very helpful.

I have to budget so I can best provide for my family and try and save a few quid if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Yeah. I budget €0.00 for everything. When I get the monthly profit and loss account everything is over budget. Am I doing it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Monthly Salary = Monthly Drink Budget.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Since the present government came in, continued policies of the previous and instigated their own, we are permanently on a budget!

I suspect we are not on our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Total my bills and outgoings per month. I then divide it in two.

I feel like a bit stupid after I struggled to figure out why you divided it into two:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Monthly Salary = Monthly Drink Budget.

Feels like that sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Best thing i ever did was set up another account that all my bills come out of. I then get a set amount coming out of my current acc to cover these bills. Works out really well for myself. Dont have the esb or the phone bill in it though which can be a bit of a struggle. Be great if you could pay a little off both every week which would leave the final bill small but i tried that a couple of times and they werent interested... Pity

Advertisement