Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS 3 YLOD after 5 seconds

• 13-04-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Ive used a lot of YLOD PS 3s for parts , this one i got doesnt YLOD till the 5 second mark , most instantly go for yellow then red , this goes green for 5 seconds then yellow , red .
    Ive done a small bit of research , so far ive tried the following
    1 - changed the power supply ( still the exact same )
    2 - changed the hdd ( still the same )
    3 - replaced the thermal paste ( This was a long shot but worth a try )

I tried the fan test just to see what would happen and sure enough it stayed on for that . Just wondering if anyone else has experienced somthing similar and if so if it was fixable .

The only option im starting to wonder about is if it was dropped as i found a small broken plastic clip inside this warranty sealed unit . BTW - there is no obvious damage to the case
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭budman9

Hi,
    YLOD mean Hardware Problem. In 95% it's GPU failure, 5% CPU or South Bridge or RAM or fuses or PSU or more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ceuldude

budman9 wrote: »
    Hi,
    YLOD mean Hardware Problem. In 95% it's GPU failure, 5% CPU or South Bridge or RAM or fuses or PSU or more :D

in the finish i left it alone , and used it for parts . I just found it strange as every other YLOD id come across was basically instant ( turn on , then ylod , zero wait time ) Im of the opinion that the instant is the GPU , would have liked to have been able to figure out what this one was , cant win em all

Advertisement