Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seth McFarlane's Ted (2012)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If I have to sit through the trailer for this one more time I think I'm going to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

If I have to sit through the trailer for this one more time I think I'm going to cry.

I've yet to see it outside this thread. What films is it attached to?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Vue seem to be showing it front of every film at the moment. Everything I've seen there for the last 2-3 weeks has had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I didnt like him in it,he was his usual mono expression self.
    The film would have been alot better with a better actor.
    The ironic thing is that he showed promise earlier in his career in "The Basketball Diaries" but he has been on a downward slide ever since.
    You'd get better acting skills out of a door.

I guess you haven't seen The Departed then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭beardo81

Have to say, looking forward to this. Very funny trailer for me, it may well turn out to be a pile of crap but hey, some of us like that stuff!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Thought the trailer was very poor, but then again I don't care for McFarlane at all. It struck me as a much less interesting riff on Wilfred - which isn't that great either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The old trailer was far funnier than the current one with the Thunder song, have to say I am looking forward to it, but the current trailer irritates me - and the fact that it's played before every single movie really irritates me also - must have seen it ten times now. I would advise people to watch the older trailer, it's far better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Going to see this tomorrow, not sure what to expect but hoping its good. Generally like Mcfarlane's humour anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cry with laughter is it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56655

Encouraging. Nordling at AICN is generally a good reviewer over there. Seems like if you're a fan of Seth's comedy, you will like this.

That's me sold then.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Just back from it there! Good film in my opinion.
    It took a while to get going IMO, didnt really laugh out loud for the first 15-20 mins but it was a steady supply of good jokes from there on until the end. Wahlberg was hilarious in it, and theres a hilarious scene surrounding Flash Gordon in the film. A few references to family guy in it also. If you like family guy/american dad etc. then id advise go see it, but it might not be as good as you will be expecting or hoping, but it was still a good film.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It has done very well in it's opening weekend in the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Saw this the other day. Quite enjoyed it for what it was. A good easy watch.

Best bit was defintely
    Ted was dancing for Tammy Lynn.

Its good fun. Wont win anyway awards for originality or anything, but a good way to pass 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Ive only just seen the trailer for this last wedensday, have to say i cant wait for this!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Vue seem to be showing it front of every film at the moment. Everything I've seen there for the last 2-3 weeks has had it.

This and TDKR and up until this weekend Spiderman, in front of EVERYTHING I've seen recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

Anyone know when this movie hits our shores, can't wait to see it! Seth Mc Farlane, it's gotta be good!! :D

http://m.funnyordie.com/videos/d5477d7535/ted-restricted-trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I can wait. Can wait so much I might even die before seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

From AH=====>Films

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I can't wait to see it. Looks gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

I know, so excited!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

jc_eire wrote: »
    Anyone know when this movie hits our shores, can't wait to see it! Seth Mc Farlane, it's gotta be good!! :D

Released here on 3rd of august looks great headin to states on tuesday considering seein it over there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jc_eire wrote: »

have you seen The Cleveland Show? :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

krudler wrote: »
    have you seen The Cleveland Show? :pac:

Or Family Guy for that matter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I dunno how i feel about this movie, is it very close to the wildred concept?
    Did he just take someone elses idea and mess it about a bit,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

I dunno how i feel about this movie, is it very close to the wildred concept?
    Did he just take someone elses idea and mess it about a bit,

I'm pretty sure Macfarlanes idea about a man anad his talking dog/thing go back a good bit further than Wilfred. Not just Family Guy(Brian)/American Dad(Roger) and The Cleveland Show(The Fish) but even his early work on cartoon network.

It appears a live action man and his talking.... whatever.... could have been Macfarlanes life dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

Knowing the irish censor and judging by the redband trailer
    this one's going to be a 16.

IFCO's strange certification is under review it seems. About time.

How can they let kids watch a man being flogged to death in
    the cashin on the christ and up the ante on the inocuous
    cowboys vs aliens?!?!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Watched it last night here in Oz. Therewas some funny one liners, wahlberg did alright, kind of reminded me of his character in the other guys. Only annoying part was they threw most of the best gags into the trailer. Worth a watch anyway I.M.O

• Registered Users Posts: 39,002 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Seen this last week. I thought it was brilliant.
    Wahlberg puts in another good performance. And most of the jokes weren't the kinda you could see coming a mile away, as is the case in most comedys recently.

If you like Family Guy you'll obviously love it. But even if you aren't a big family fan then you'll still think its one of the better comedies recently.
    manlad wrote: »
    Watched it last night here in Oz. Therewas some funny one liners, wahlberg did alright, kind of reminded me of his character in the other guys. Only annoying part was they threw most of the best gags into the trailer. Worth a watch anyway I.M.O

Huh?
    The fact hey didn't do that was one of the highlights for me. Most of the trailer scenes are different in the movie. I'll spoiler the rest as its not out for a month.
    Two quick examples;
    Job Interview. In the trailer he says "I've got your wife's panties on my floor" in the film this was "I've got your wife's pussy on my breath"
    The checkout scene with Tammy Lynn. In the trailer he "draws the line with humping the scanner, in the film he went a bit further with face cream.
    In both of these instances I was expecting it to follow the trailer, as you would. When it differed, I was caught of guard with a much funnier line/action. The trailer gives nothing away imo.

Also;
    Susan Boyle :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Seen it in its release night over here (NYC) funnier than I expected but as already said they throw a lot of the gags into the trailers. Whalberg does well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

My friends FB status sums it up for me, we saw it in Aus this evening.

Well, Ted has to go down as the worst movie I've ever seen in a cinema. And I've even sat through Dear John of all things. It was like getting all the mongiest shows like two and a half men, how i met your mother and the big bang theory and smushing them all together to create one train wreck of a dribbler fest. 7.8 it got on IMDB as well!. And there were actually people near us that were laughing! One toothless hick even clapped in delight at one scene. Now i don't mind the people who like those shows, different strokes and all that. I might judge you a little but in the long run, its ok, I still like you. But I refuse to believe that anyone I know could find this movie in the slightest bit funny. Seth Macfarlane is just taking the piss at this stage. Now I know its not out yet in Ireland so nobody probably cares. But I can only assume there's been an inexplicably orgasmic reaction to the trailer like there was here. So if you feel compelled to put yourself through it, bring a bag of tomatoes and aim them at any witless turbomelt that dares laugh. No man, woman or child should find this funny. And yet they do. I really don't understand! I think this is the moment I've lost faith in all humanity...

Advertisement