Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thoughts about GMIT

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Did anybody get the welcome pack yet from GMIT? Accepted the CAO offer for the Business course and heard nothing back yet.

Nope i haven't got anything back off them yet either. In the next week i'd be expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

ratzy wrote: »
    Thinking of renting in gort na glaise on sandy road. Is it too far from gmit? is their a bus service?

I lived there when I was in first year and thought it was a pain in the arse. The bus services in Galway are appalling and I got soaked walking in so many mornings cause it rains a LOT there. Renmore is a pretty good spot to live for GMIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ratzy

I lived there when I was in first year and thought it was a pain in the arse. The bus services in Galway are appalling and I got soaked walking in so many mornings cause it rains a LOT there. Renmore is a pretty good spot to live for GMIT.

How long does it take to walk? Where is the nearest bus stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

^^ Maybe 25 minutes or so, it's been almost six years so I could stand to be corrected on that. There's a bus stop pretty close to Sandy Road, but seriously, you can't rely on public transport in Galway, it's unbelievably bad.

Renmore, Lurgan Park or Ballybane are probably better options. Renmore is pretty perfect, it's a nice area with a beach and plenty of parks, it's close to GMIT but it's still only about twenty minutes away from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

mink_man wrote: »
    early in the morning might be hard to get parking but around 1 or 2 o clock is fine, you can always down near lurgan park, guaranteed space and lots of cars park there.

Don't park in local estates like Renmore or Lurgan park, new yellow lines everywhere,and the Community wardens and Guards ticket cars regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

How early would you have to park to get a good space?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 U2sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 samoro

well honestly i have a my four degree from GMIT in science and i thought it was an excellant college....with a very high standard. I applied to NUS singapore ranked in top 30 in world and hong kong university also highly ranked and got accepted to both with my degree. I decided to go to malaysia UM which is ranked higher than all the universities in Ireland except trinity. Globally irelands education is very well thought of....but its a typically irish mentally to think one parish is better than the next!!...look at the big picture. Oh yes i also got a job straight out of GMIt with boston scientific the second world leader in medical device manufacturer...your degree is stepping stone...the one of many....this sillyness of comparsion is just stupid. all the honours degrees are at the same level 8 HETC

Advertisement