Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I know :( their was a depression awareness leaflet on the notice board, with a number for the samaritans, thats how it came round.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

cloud493 wrote: »
    Someone said to me in work today(unrelated) people who have depression are just whiners who slit their wrists and cry :mad: silly people.

Yeah, I'm very happy people don't say that kind of crap around me, otherwise I'd probably be done up for assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Someone said to me in work today(unrelated) people who have depression are just whiners who slit their wrists and cry :mad: silly people.

People are really ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Thanks for asking guys :) It went pretty badly tbh, but I wasn't expecting anything else. I didn't do a whole lot of study last semester because I was having a hard time with my mood being so low and stuff. I can repeat in August anyway, so it's not that bad.

You're in Maynooth too, aren't you girlonfire? (Think I saw you post in the forum the other day). How did you get on with the exams?

Sorry to hear the exam didn't go too well. You're finished now though, yep? Hopefully you'll get some much deserved r n' r. I am indeed in Maynooth and I've got my final exam tomorrow, which I'm trying to cram for now, as I didn't put the work in this semester what with being so up and down, but I'm trying to remind myself that they're only exams and they can be repeated at the end of the day.
    They've not gone as well as I would've liked unfortunately. I plan to sleep my way through the weekend to make up for all of these late nights :)

jammstarr wrote: »
    People are really ignorant.

They are. I said 'its not as simple as you know. If someone has resorted to a bad depression, or to hurting themselves, or both, its so hard. You can't imagine' and she said 'No, people like that need to grow up' :mad:
    At which point I said she was ignorant and silly, and one day it might affect her too, and walked away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I was fairly misanthropic before the depression but since even more so. Very bitter haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

girlonfire wrote: »
    Sorry to hear the exam didn't go too well. You're finished now though, yep? Hopefully you'll get some much deserved r n' r. I am indeed in Maynooth and I've got my final exam tomorrow, which I'm trying to cram for now, as I didn't put the work in this semester what with being so up and down, but I'm trying to remind myself that they're only exams and they can be repeated at the end of the day.
    They've not gone as well as I would've liked unfortunately. I plan to sleep my way through the weekend to make up for all of these late nights :)

Thanks :) Yeah, that's me finished now. So happy because I always get so anxious around exams! Good luck for tomorrow! Whatever happens, there are always ways around it. I'm sure you will be grand x

Worst day of the year so far for me. And I was in decent form for half of it which puts the evening and night into perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

was it anything in particular nesf or everything in general?

neemish wrote: »
    was it anything in particular nesf or everything in general?

Nothing happened. Just went from feeling ok to feeling like utter crap at 6pm for no good reason. My depressions are mostly endogenous rather than reactions to outside stressors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Nesf, hope your feeling ok <3

Just gonna post a quick update, it's offically been confirmed as ADHD. The ADHD was causing my anxiety and depression. I'm off medication atm, the Lexapro was really messing me up. I'm the calmest I've felt in forever. Probably because I've been diagonsed and my body finally gave up and said I cant take anymore! Therapy and the psych are really helping, and I'm so glad half the battle has finally ended. Onwards and upwards with treatment is all I can say :)

I hope everyone is doing ok, and remember, I'm just a PM away if anyone needs me <3:)

Nesf, hope your feeling ok <3

Just gonna post a quick update, it's offically been confirmed as ADHD. The ADHD was causing my anxiety and depression. I'm off medication atm, the Lexapro was really messing me up. I'm the calmest I've felt in forever. Probably because I've been diagonsed and my body finally gave up and said I cant take anymore! Therapy and the psych are really helping, and I'm so glad half the battle has finally ended. Onwards and upwards with treatment is all I can say :)

I hope everyone is doing ok, and remember, I'm just a PM away if anyone needs me <3:)

Rar, finally getting a diagnosis that fits is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. :)

I'm low today but could be worse so I'll take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That's brilliant IHC, I'm so happy for you :) and hugs to everyone who's having a bad day,

Had a really good therapy session earlier; we're discussing things that hadn't been touched on before and I think it's kinda making me feel a bit more comfortable with myself as a person. We'll see anyway.

nesf wrote: »
    I'm low today but could be worse so I'll take it.

Scratch that, it's getting worse again right on cue. Give me the worst depression in the mornings any day, at least you can look forward to it easing then rather than starting each day knowing the only way is downhill. :(

That's brilliant IHC, I'm so happy for you :) and hugs to everyone who's having a bad day,

Had a really good therapy session earlier; we're discussing things that hadn't been touched on before and I think it's kinda making me feel a bit more comfortable with myself as a person. We'll see anyway.

Good to hear that went well for you :)

And I'm real sorry to hear that Nesf. Are you seeing anyone/taking anything?

And I'm real sorry to hear that Nesf. Are you seeing anyone/taking anything?

They took me off the antidepressants. I'll be seeing my psychiatrist at some point and sorting out a therapist at some point.

nesf wrote: »
    They took me off the antidepressants. I'll be seeing my psychiatrist at some point and sorting out a therapist at some point.

Do you have good mornings, then bad nights, every day? Does it just come on, or something trigger it?

Do you have good mornings, then bad nights, every day? Does it just come on, or something trigger it?

Wake up feeling crap. This passes. Feel somewhat low but not too bad most of the day. Then from around 6 on my mood gets worse until it peaks late at night and then gets a bit better again.

Just comes on, nothing really triggers it. Just seems to be my pattern.

Sounds to me (not that I'm a professional) that you shouldn't be off the medication really.

Sounds to me (not that I'm a professional) that you shouldn't be off the medication really.

I was taken off it for testing to see if I needed it. They were drastically scaling back my medication at the time. I'm pretty sure I'll be put back on one. Or sent for talk therapy.

• Advertisement

Well whichever works best for you :) maybe both even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i hate that one person can affect my mood so easily. it's a matter of not getting the attention from someone... and on it comes again

Are you not feeling too sound stupidusername?

i was doing ok, up until i expected to hear from someone, and I didn't. i get too caught up in thing too early.

That sucks :( maybe they forgot?

yeah maybe. i know i will hear from them later, i just expect too much i suppose.

Nah, its ok to hope. Good to hope even. I'm sure it just slipped their mind :) And you'll from them later, so bobs your uncle ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 juliet38

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting here. Have suffered from anxiety and depression for years now but have never really gotten proper help for it. But i've decided that Monday is D Day and i will be going to the doctor cause I can't go on like this any more. In college at the mo but haven't been in yet this semester and am really far behind. Added to that, I felt so bad before Christmas that I didn't sit the exams so now have repeats to look forward to. Have assignment due tomorrow and face having to stay up all night to get it done but I haven't an ounce of motivation to do it, haven't even managed to get out of bed yet today. Anyway, I just needed to let off some steam and I know everybody here will understand. It's a great thread and i'm glad I found it!

it's really not that simple.

• Advertisement

I know :/ well maybe usually. But even with, all the really bad things that have happened to me in my life, I still do :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement