Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Today was the best day in weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not doing well at the moment at all.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Not doing well at the moment at all.

How you feeling?

Rather sad unfortunately. Yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Is it possible to totally reinvent yourself?

• Advertisement

Rather sad unfortunately. Yourself?

Was good, but various decisions to make are driving me up the wall. They don't affect me really, but the consequences for other people are potentially dire.

Anything in particular pulling you down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Kaching wrote: »
    Once again Im reminded I am a sad an pathetic individual who will die alone anyway. So why not now?

Same.

Once again Im reminded I am a sad an pathetic individual who will die alone anyway. So why not now?

You're not at all. Your a lovely person who deserves to be happy.

And nothing personally to be down about. Just feeling absolutely hopeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I'm going back to counsilling tomorrow. Thought I could do without it, but obviously not :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Finally after much pushing with the hospital i've been given another appointment. In June. Test is to last that long, i don't want to land up to casualty again. I ponder trying private, but i've no idea where to begin. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Finally after much pushing with the hospital i've been given another appointment. In June. Test is to last that long, i don't want to land up to casualty again. I ponder trying private, but i've no idea where to begin. :(
    If you have health insurance, get your GP to refer you to the Dean clinic in St. Pats, no idea though what the waiting list is. I was referred on to it after spending time as an in patient and have to say its brilliant. My only gripe is the wait time when you have an appointment, just because you are pencilled in for 2:00 pm doesn't mean you be seen at that time (bring a good book with you), in fairness my consultant is a work horse from what I've seen she literally lives in there.

Either way don't look on at as a two month wait, you got an appointment in two months, is there anything you could do in the meantime? Maybe try the aware meetings?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 veyron

Hey can anyone help me with this i was diagnoised with a depressive disorder last xmas and as a result lost my buisness and nearly my wife still feeling very low and finding it hard to cope and still not really talking about it, but my question is i have an income protection policy and have furnished all the details and doctor reports been to the insurance companys doctor and she has told me i shouldnt be working and she will reflect this in her report and still waiting on a descision whether they will pay out or not. i suppose my question is wil they and has anyone any experience of thsi sorry for going off topic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gillo wrote: »
    If you have health insurance, get your GP to refer you to the Dean clinic in St. Pats, no idea though what the waiting list is. I was referred on to it after spending time as an in patient and have to say its brilliant. My only gripe is the wait time when you have an appointment, just because you are pencilled in for 2:00 pm doesn't mean you be seen at that time (bring a good book with you), in fairness my consultant is a work horse from what I've seen she literally lives in there.

Either way don't look on at as a two month wait, you got an appointment in two months, is there anything you could do in the meantime? Maybe try the aware meetings?

Thanks for input, i'm going to try stay local to galway though, also, no insurance nor any hope of any due to ongoing and worsening physical problem. I'm not even sure what i want/need that's what i'm hoping will be cleared up at appointment - just finding it all far too confusing... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

there may be a higher power who doesnt agree with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

FINALLY I got a phone call about talk therapy with the HSE. I'm kinda in shock. It's been just over a year.
    Though oddly the woman said that she only got a letter about it last month. But yeah i've an appointment next tuesday

What kind of higher power?

You ever heard that story "Footprints" about the guy who has a dream. I don't want to get talking about higher powers though, I have my own set of beliefs; raised a catholic but took a pick'n'mix of beliefs to figure what I believed. My mam is quiet religious and constantly tells me she's praying for me, it used to pi$$ me right off but eventually I realised it didn't harm me and was her way of saying she cared.

Hope everyone is doing good, I'm having a meh sort of week, but looking forward to the weekend after next, heading away climbing!!

Veyron, you may be better asking in the banking and insurance threads, you din't have to say why you are sick just that you are.

Regarding higher powers I wouldn't have a clue what to believe if anything.

What's up kaching?

Hope you're not too down Kaching. Feelin it myself at the moment, the storm outside feels like a reflection of what's going on in my head, still, will look at it as a temporary manifestation, but it will mean a long night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Feeling so up and down of late..Down at the moment. Really crashed this evening. I might be looking at my life from the wrong perspective, but my friends seem to be dwindling away by the new-time:(
    I've been a real giver in most of my friendships and it cuts deeply when people don't want to extend a hand at all.
    I do have a wonderfully supportive friend and I know it's important to keep focused on the positives. It's been a bad few days and it's not getting any better. I know it will with time.
    Hope everyone else is doing okay,x

Has to get better with time doesn't it?

Yes, it does.
    I'm feeling so negative and angry about the whole thing at the moment. I just want to sleep and hopefully my attitude will be better tomorrow and I can be a bit more proactive

How are you feeling Cloud?

Has something gone on to make you feel like that? More so I mean.

And terrible. But there we are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Hi everyone, check out aware.ie for 6wkd free life skill classes being run all over the country. CBT sessions ;-)
    I know some of u were disappointed wit CBT counsellors offered, these courses sound v good. See the web site for break down of CBT and how course challenges you.
    Hope Ye get a place, as its free, and we deserve a break ;-)

Has something gone on to make you feel like that? More so I mean.

And terrible. But there we are :)

Nothing in particular. I'm becoming so tired of the constant ups and downs. Constantly trying to make myself appear on top of things is draining. I've tried to talk to some friends about how I've been feeling but it's been brushed under the carpet. It feels very hurtful, knowing that I've been there for them through thick and thin because I love them. I didn't know they'd react this way. I'm still me, y'know.
    Anyway, sorry for the rant. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Have you tried reading something light/uplifting? Sometimes that helps me. I feel silly suggesting something like that given how you're feeling, but it doesn't matter what it is so long as it helps.

girlonfire wrote: »
    Nothing in particular. I'm becoming so tired of the constant ups and downs. Constantly trying to make myself appear on top of things is draining. I've tried to talk to some friends about how I've been feeling but it's been brushed under the carpet. It feels very hurtful, knowing that I've been there for them through thick and thin because I love them. I didn't know they'd react this way. I'm still me, y'know.
    Anyway, sorry for the rant. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Have you tried reading something light/uplifting? Sometimes that helps me. I feel silly suggesting something like that given how you're feeling, but it doesn't matter what it is so long as it helps.

Aye I know what you mean about fair weather mates. You really do find out who cares and who doesn't in bad times :) Just keeping going, night is darkest before the dawn and all that.

I am trying. Doesn't appear to be working, but maybe tomorrow will be better :)

That's a great way of putting it cloud- fair weather friends. I don't really have anyway I can talk to, one friend who's there if I need him although his solution of we'll get hammered and forget about it isn't ideal.

On the up side, there's an organisation I'm involved in outside of work, I'd a meeting with them tonight, at the end one of the lads took me aside to suggest putting me forward for promotion. That's not really the right word to use but it saves me typing a really long post.

Night time is hard, alone with my thoughts, odd how time of day effects. How is everyone keeping?

• Advertisement

Hi everyone, check out aware.ie for 6wkd free life skill classes being run all over the country. CBT sessions ;-)
    I know some of u were disappointed wit CBT counsellors offered, these courses sound v good. See the web site for break down of CBT and how course challenges you.
    Hope Ye get a place, as its free, and we deserve a break ;-)

I haven't gone to an aware meeting in a month or two, might seem a bit cheap to just turn out again out of the blue for these.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement