Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Mink wrote: »
    notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 20th July, 9lbs 10oz
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 3oz
    Kash-13th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 9lbs
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July *Girl* - BORN 15th July, 7lbs 1oz
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 2oz
    KildareAsh-15th July *Girl* - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Feest - 15th July - *girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Silly- 18th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 9lbs 3.5oz
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July *Boy* - BORN 19th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl* - BORN 21st July, 6lbs 6oz
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July *Boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 7oz
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July - BORN 13th July, 6lbs 7oz
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Congrats Ginny! That's the 3rd boy (and a surprise at that) to be born on today's date!

Actually does anyone remember what Jennytightlips had? I'm thinking a boy but not sure

Yea it was a boy Mink.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

javagal wrote: »
    wow we're on the home stretch.
    must admit mink, I'm most lookin forward to hearing your birth story, I hope its worlds apart from mine and you let me take a bath in your birthing pool lol!

milk is in since yesterday so I'm gonna feed zoe in the morning and at night. the sheer size of my boobs is impressive

Mine are like boulders! Just feckin huge...was out last night and there was a photographer there and she took a picture of me and my mum and my boobs took over the whole photo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

notsobusy wrote: »
    wow we're on the home stretch.
    must admit mink, I'm most lookin forward to hearing your birth story, I hope its worlds apart from mine and you let me take a bath in your birthing pool lol!

milk is in since yesterday so I'm gonna feed zoe in the morning and at night. the sheer size of my boobs is impressive

Mine are like boulders! Just feckin huge...was out last night and there was a photographer there and she took a picture of me and my mum and my boobs took over the whole photo!!!!

my oh is very happy with this change tho!
    have zoe back on the boob today-she really loves it and its so so so much easier now my milk is in!

I put on a crazy amount of weigh during the pregnancy,probably 4 stone.

but between the giant child I had and water retention I'm already down two!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Java I've put on nearly 4 stone (actually I've been too scared to weigh myself for a month or more) so I'm hoping to lose half in one fell swoop as well.

I don't have any bras to cope with the massive boob syndrome of the first couple weeks, I think I need to get into the likes of mothercare today and get fitted even for something temporary that will stretch.

Haha my birth story could go many many different ways. Could be all glorious and at home or could end up transferring with loads of complications. I won't be disappointed either way as I'll get my reward at the end!

We road tested the pool last night, we just had to put 6" of water into it & leave it for an hour to test for leaks. But even with only 3", we actually couldn't move the thing with the weight of the water! Plus we have to run the hose from the bathtub. I think I'm going to have the pool in the kitchen by the window & then actually deliver in the living room. Could end up delivering somewhere mad like the utility closet, who knows.

I'm definitely getting nervous now, but what's really annoying is the calls and texts have started big time. Got one early this morning from my sister's ex who is a tool, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

When I hear people talk about all the calls and texts in the last few days, it makes me so glad she surprised us all a bit early!

I Cldnt believe when I gave birth and looked down and my tummy was so deflated. Im not sure what I weighed before I got pregnant but my clothes are Definately fitting me a whole lot better. In delighted! I know I had started losing a few pounds in the last few weeks because I was on such a strict diet with the diabetes. Wish I had stuck to it, but with all the biscuits for visitors and them bringing boxes of chocolates, god only knows what the repeat GTT will be like in a few weeks!

• Advertisement

Mink, I had to tell my mam and bestie to stop asking it got so bad!
    After zoe was born,they asked about stitches..tut!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Congrats kiwi, silly and ginny!!!

Happy due date mink x

Thanks, just got OH to take my "before" photos (on FB)

Going to go off now & get some more last bits (it never ends) & see the Batman movie maybe and eat lots of popcorn, drink a vat of coke, could be last time in the movies for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

Mink wrote: »
    Java I've put on nearly 4 stone (actually I've been too scared to weigh myself for a month or more) so I'm hoping to lose half in one fell swoop as well.

I don't have any bras to cope with the massive boob syndrome of the first couple weeks, I think I need to get into the likes of mothercare today and get fitted even for something temporary that will stretch.

Haha my birth story could go many many different ways. Could be all glorious and at home or could end up transferring with loads of complications. I won't be disappointed either way as I'll get my reward at the end!

We road tested the pool last night, we just had to put 6" of water into it & leave it for an hour to test for leaks. But even with only 3", we actually couldn't move the thing with the weight of the water! Plus we have to run the hose from the bathtub. I think I'm going to have the pool in the kitchen by the window & then actually deliver in the living room. Could end up delivering somewhere mad like the utility closet, who knows.

I'm definitely getting nervous now, but what's really annoying is the calls and texts have started big time. Got one early this morning from my sister's ex who is a tool, wtf?

happy due date is right
    wouldnt worry to much about your wieght just saw yer photo on fb and you look lovely:)
    also loking 4ward to seeing how your labour goes best of luk with it all ,hopefully your not long now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Yep can't see when we will get to the cinema for awhile so enjoy it ;)

How do you manage to fill the pool with warm water - I imagine your immersion wouldn't fill it but I don't know :) curious me question :D

Congrats to the new mums :) with my limited time I find flicking on FB easier but I do check on here as often as I can :)

Has poor WWC1 still not had her baby - she is all alone up there in the non bold section :eek:

I'd say she's probably had her baby but not gotten a chance to update. We may not hear back from some people on the list.

I've heard it takes a good few hours to fill the pool. Then you have a sort of bubble wrap type lid to put on the top to keep the heat in. I'd say I'll be using at least 3 or 4 immersion tanks worth of hot water!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Congrats Silly Ginny and Kiwi more boys - I knew we`d even up the numbers eventually...
    So Mink before you go off for your "bath" update me on the list please..
    My baby boy born 4:10 am 27th weighing 8lbs :D
    Was running on sheer happiness y/day, no food , no sleep and couldn`t take my eyes off him he`s sooo cute!!
    Today was totally different, pain from section kicking in, husband showed up for only 2 hours and my sister and her idiot husband came to visit and precceeded to tell me what to do and when to do it and what I was doing wrong...:mad:
    My colustrum is very low and boobs are killing me, hand expressing a teeny bit, so had to give him a few bottles throughout the day
    Tomorrow WILL be better :o

Congrats Fri.Day!!

WWC1 said on the 24th that she was having a section on the 25th I think so we can safely assume she`s bolded too!

Congrats fri.day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Congrats Fri.day :) I hope today is a better day & your husband pulls his finger out! The first few days after a section are the hardest & you need the support around you :) Don't worry re the bottle feeds - it is better that he gets them rather than drop too much weight! Hand expressing is hard going - make sure you see a good midwife or lactation person about it :)
    Congrats again :D

WWC1 - 13th July - BORN (awaiting details)
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy* - BORN 27th July, 8lbs
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July *Boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 7oz
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July *Boy*- BORN 13th July, 6lbs 7oz

Congrats Fri.day!!!! Loads of little boys now!
    We'll assume WWC1 had hers & await details - congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Congrats Silly Ginny and Kiwi more boys - I knew we`d even up the numbers eventually...
    So Mink before you go off for your "bath" update me on the list please..
    My baby boy born 4:10 am 27th weighing 8lbs :D
    Was running on sheer happiness y/day, no food , no sleep and couldn`t take my eyes off him he`s sooo cute!!
    Today was totally different, pain from section kicking in, husband showed up for only 2 hours and my sister and her idiot husband came to visit and precceeded to tell me what to do and when to do it and what I was doing wrong...:mad:
    My colustrum is very low and boobs are killing me, hand expressing a teeny bit, so had to give him a few bottles throughout the day
    Tomorrow WILL be better :o
    Oh congrats fri.day!!!! Delighted for you!
    I was the same after my little man was born, I was awake all night txting my sister in Japan and sending her pics, and just looking at him and waiting for him to wake so I could hold him again!

Our first night home was great, he was generally feeding 60mls (1.5oz) at 10, 2, 6, 10, 2, 6 etc I thought he was looking for more bottle so decided to start giving him 90ml (3oz) last night....fecker decided that he now wants feeding every 3 hours ( while still guzzling down the 3oz) and that 4am is awake time!

Girls, do your babies have much awake time during the day?? My little man doesn't!
    I need to swap this around...4am cannot be his awake time.. Tell me how to swap this around please!

Mink, like Java I am most looking forward to reading your birth story. I really have everything crossed for you that it will all go swimmingly. (see what I did there? Swimmingly?...pool?...ok sorry) all the best! Hope it happens sooner rather than later. X

Zoe was at this too silly. Asleep all day but I've started walking her during the day and now she awake from about 7 in the evening till about 9.
    I think its an age thing too,next week I'm sure hell be more alert.

Getting on great with the bfing,well I'm feeding morning and night and bottle during the day.she still looks for a top up after boob but I think I'm just not producing enough yet.

Congrats Fri.day on your little man x

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Hey girls finally back and not on a phone! Had our little Nemo on Thursday evening , he was 7lb 4oz, midwife fecked up the calculation and told us 7 7 at first till I looked at his notes yesterday. Had a few set backs so only home last night. He is a dote, an absolute joy, he was so so quiet in the hospital, was a bit of a shock last night when he found his lungs, and actually woke when he was hungry. He's had some latching issues so were bottle feeding him, and I'm hand expressing what I can until my milk comes in, then I'll express that for him. He is so so so tiny, we've never had a baby this light and long in either family. Seemingly he's all me though, and has some lovely sallow skin!

• Advertisement

Oh and funnily enough the first thing I noticed was my upper abdomen deflating, my elephantiasis legs were a surprise, they are so full of fluid and swollen, they wee nowhere near this bad during the pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

congrats friday:)well done ha ha who needs hormones when ya have a good man around to get the tears flowing :D.if its any help it all calms down after a week or so ,hubby and i are getting on great now .....thank god

congrats to you too ginny:)

girls i just bathed bubs for first time and im still shaking ,
    they did it in hosptal and told me to hold him in a rugby type grip with one arm behind his neck and hold on to his arm and just give him a quick dip
    his arm went blue i only noticed it when i lifted him out
    i said a rosary in about 20 secs and almost passed out at the same time ......course theres not a bother off him so hubby keeps saying to stop worrying but i cant help it ,hurry up 18th birthday:)

no word off trions in a while either ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Ginny wrote: »
    Oh and funnily enough the first thing I noticed was my upper abdomen deflating, my elephantiasis legs were a surprise, they are so full of fluid and swollen, they wee nowhere near this bad during the pregnancy!
    I noticed this too! I just put on my trainers (that I wore going into hospital when in labour) and they were super tight. And not one pair of jeans would fit me, even a pair of maternity leggings were too tight!!! What the hell is this about and when will it be gone!?

WWC1 - 13th July - *Girl* BORN 25th July, 7lbs 9oz
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy* - BORN 27th July, 8lbs
    Trions - 22nd July *Boy* - BORN 29th July, 9lbs 2oz
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July *Boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 4oz
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July *Boy*- BORN 13th July, 6lbs 7oz

Congrats WCC1 on your little girl and Trions on your little boy!!!!

4 of us left!

Congratulating wwc1 and trions!!!
    Mink there's a home birth on from here to maternity tonight!

Omg 4 left!

Then what !

Nearly forgot about here to maternity thanks for the reminder Tinkerbell79.

Java I don`t know :eek: we`ll be kicked outta here won`t we!

Tink, Mink and March do the other girls stories have you a little freaked too? I thought there was an upside to being last but em....I can`t see it now!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Omg 4 left!

Then what !

then us august girls!! :O

Silly I was told 6 weeks??? I am completely freaked by them, I thought it was just my ankles and feet till I knelt down last night and when I stood up there was a huge crater in it!!!
    Although I had at least 4 saline drips and 2 oxy drips too so I could be retaining fluid from them, tis only my feet and legs though, hands seem to have gone down.
    Every muscle hurts now though, from my neck down, thank god for Ponston and Solpodine. I have the home visit tomorrow, what happens at them other then the heel prick?
    Oh and Chicken I noticed his hands and legs went purple i the hosp when they did the bath, so I'm sure its normal?

• Advertisement

silly wrote: »
    Mink, like Java I am most looking forward to reading your birth story. I really have everything crossed for you that it will all go swimmingly. (see what I did there? Swimmingly?...pool?...ok sorry) all the best! Hope it happens sooner rather than later. X

Haha, I see what you did there! I'm farting enough these days I'll turn the birthing pool into a jacuzzi.

Mink there's a home birth on from here to maternity tonight!

Yes I was delighted to see that. Certainly gives me more courage. Granted they are on their 3rd or 4th baby but it was great to see it getting promoted. There's actually loads of independent midwives in Cork area, way more than Dublin. The lady who had the water birth has the exact same pool as me so was good to see it in action.
    Omg 4 left!

Then what !

I don't know! I won't have a list to keep up anymore, that I know.
    theg81der wrote: »
    Tink, Mink and March do the other girls stories have you a little freaked too? I thought there was an upside to being last but em....I can`t see it now!!:(

Eh yes I have to admit they have freaked me out a bit. But I've gotten freaked out reading lots of stories on the net! At the end of the day, there's been a great result for each story! Seeing the homebirths tonight on From Here to Maternity and watching the ones on Homebirth Diaries on that Lifestyle channel have kept me sane.

Haha that reminds me, after a couple of the stories from our July board, I emailed me sis (who had a homebirth on last baby) & I was like "ok tell me your birth story again but this time be HONEST about the pain". She told me that when she got in the water it really took the edge off (she couldn't get in til she was 5cm) and then when she was getting to transition/crowning it was just the most awful pain & again she didn't think she could do it but did it anyway. In fairness the gas & air was available to her but she wasn't bothered geting the midwives to get it out so she just carried on. Also the way she puts it is that you know there is an end in sight & you get this great reward at the end.

She also told me that she always freaked out from 38 weeks onwards!

Advertisement