Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

CH3OH wrote: »
    Tesco currently have McVities Jaffa cakes on a Buy 1 get 1 free promotion.
    The packs are scanning at €1.69, but in store in Arklow all the packs have 100 % free.
    48 jaffa cakes for €1.69..... 3.5 cent a cake!

They're not cakes they're biscuits.:D

Thanks for the post. I like Jaffa Cakes Biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CH3OH

loremolis wrote: »
    They're not cakes they're biscuits.:D

Thanks for the post. I like Jaffa Cakes Biscuits.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056294086&page=4

The most authoritative source in Ireland has decided they are cakes.;)

They say the test is that jaffa cakes go hard when stale..... I've never been able to prove the theory. They always seem to disappear quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

The packs are scanning at €1.69, but in store in Arklow all the packs have 100 % free.
    Rich tea, hobnobs, Rocky, Gold all bogof. Pringles/Walkers half price.
    Probably more of interest before the VAT increase being Xmas are the half price tins of sweets/selection boxes, QStreet, Roses, Celebs, Heroes etc and the 25% off wine. 'sall here

BTW most of the tins of biscuits/sweets are half price in at least one of the majors at the mo, so shop around, dont just shop in Te$cos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Probably more of interest before the VAT increase being Xmas

Why do people continue to talk about the VAT increase in the context of Xmas? VAT cannot be increased until 1st Jan and more likely 1st March. What does that have to do with Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They say the test is that jaffa cakes go hard when stale..... I've never been able to prove the theory. They always seem to disappear quickly

Full moon, half moon, total eclipse :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056294086&page=4

The most authoritative source in Ireland has decided they are cakes.;)

They do go hard when stale , My kids are always leaving the packet open and they go hard :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

msg11 wrote: »
    Citrus Parazone bleach 750ml scanning at 35c..

Mad for the bargains, aren't ye ;)

Check this out: Technika 7" Portable DVD player PDAW09B €1.75

http://i.imgur.com/3bMgs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

ShaneU wrote: »

Whereabouts please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I'm surprised they let you have that dvd player for €1.75:eek: Well done!! Think we've all had experiences where we were not allowed to buy mispriced stuff:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

lindtee wrote: »
    I'm surprised they let you have that dvd player for €1.75:eek: Well done!! Think we've all had experiences where we were not allowed to buy mispriced stuff:mad:

I guess because of a special fixed security tag they have to go through the manned checkout instead of the do it yourself tills ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

I hate Jaffa Cakes :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Clare Bitter Salami

psychward wrote: »
    I guess because of a special fixed security tag they have to go through the manned checkout instead of the do it yourself tills ?

Nope, you can go through the do it yourself checkouts, and then one of the staff will take the security tag off for you

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

grange mac wrote: »
    Saw them laptops in Tesco Wilton Cork, useless processor in them, think it was an old "amd athlon x64". That processor is about 4 years out of date.
    Sure it wasn't the X2 64? the X2 model has been made up to July this year, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Think I'll take a trip to the local tesco and have a look for the portable DVD player and try self service on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

That model was in stores with years, try a smaller shop that might not have had space to display it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

msg11 wrote: »
    Citrus Parazone bleach 750ml scanning at 35c..

None in tesco Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

ardmacha wrote: »
    Why do people continue to talk about the VAT increase in the context of Xmas? VAT cannot be increased until 1st Jan and more likely 1st March. What does that have to do with Christmas?
    Not true, the vat could be raised the following day, it was in the 2009(?) budget. Just because the finance bill hasn't been passed doesn't mean the govt waits. For example excise duties on petrol and ciggies etc are normally increased at midnight following the budget.

However in this instance, it has been well flagged that the vat rate will not increase until Jan 1, in addition, an extra 2% on a €6 tin of sweets isn't really going to make that much difference either, sure the retailer would probably take the hit themselves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

Scanning at around 56 euro in Tesco Dundrum and Jervis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Went looking for these in Tesco Douglas this evening. Disappointed when I found the yellow sticker with the BOGOF offer - but no 24 packs on the shelf where all the bikkies are. Luckily I spotted a big pile of the "12 with 100% extra" on an end display (but no BOGOF sign here) - took a chance - and got 96 bikkies for 3.38! yumm!

PS: picked up the last HP 8G USB key for 12.50 too - a good expedition all in all!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

dowtchaboy wrote: »

Went looking for these in Tesco Douglas this evening. Disappointed when I found the yellow sticker with the BOGOF offer - but no 24 packs on the shelf where all the bikkies are. Luckily I spotted a big pile of the "12 with 100% extra" on an end display (but no BOGOF sign here) - took a chance - and got 96 bikkies for 3.38! yumm!

PS: picked up the last HP 8G USB key for 12.50 too - a good expedition all in all!
    I picked up loads of the Jaffa cakes at Douglas at lunchtime, they were at the end of the dog food isle area. I took the last few boxes and had to reach up high for them

Scanned the tecknika 7" DVD player and it scanned at €68 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

How many is loads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I picked up loads of the Jaffa cakes at Douglas at lunchtime, they were at the end of the dog food isle area. I took the last few boxes and had to reach up high for them

Yeah they were all on the high shelf and quite hard to reach - if you got the "last few boxes" at lunchtime they must have replenished the shelves before I got there, so maybe it will be full again tomorrow.
    Must say they are decent quality - not hard and dry like the cheap ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bagel

Picked up Shrek Operation for €1.75 in TESCO Greystones this morning- plenty more on shelf , clearly marked on Shelf Edge Label. See product here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-45757-Shrek-Edition-Operation/dp/B0036RMCOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322653221&sr=8-1

Probably crap but will fill a good bit of a christmas stocking for not very much money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Kalani Alive Giraffe

dowtchaboy wrote: »

56 euro in prussia street.

got parazone citrus bleach for 35 cents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭AhrSkidar

Bagel wrote: »
    Picked up Shrek Operation for €1.75 in TESCO Greystones this morning- plenty more on shelf , clearly marked on Shelf Edge Label. See product here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-45757-Shrek-Edition-Operation/dp/B0036RMCOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322653221&sr=8-1

Probably crap but will fill a good bit of a christmas stocking for not very much money!

Thanks for the tip. No price marked at all in Athlone Tesco, but scanned at €1.75. I bought 2, prob around 5 left at 1pm.

Also bought this Toy Story Alien Glow Pal for €6.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toy-Story-Alien-Glow-Pal/dp/B003AZZAR0/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1322662923&sr=1-1-catcorr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Dun laoghaire-single air beds €2,down from 12 good few left

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Which tesco did you get this in???
    Tried scanning one in Jervis but it was 68e

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

damian139 wrote: »
    Dun laoghaire-single air beds €2,down from 12 good few left
    Thanks Damian,just got 6 of them for xmas.Great for the kids staying over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

There have been loads of different Technica 7" portable DVD players, it has to be PDAW09B . I havent seen any anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

blossom180 wrote: »
    Thanks Damian,just got 6 of them for xmas.Great for the kids staying over :)

any chance of leaving some for the rest of us?

just kidding, nice buy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement