Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Should be getting a 20" Sony tv tomorrow, guy is lugging it up from Wicklow on the bus!
    Still, should be perfect for all my Tate needs...

He is lucky it's not the 32inch monster of a yoke. I got one recently and had the idea to have it upstairs. The tele said no your not doing that. It weighs 180lbs! :eek:
    So in the end we sold our other tele and now the triniton's (spelling) lair is in the sitting room. It's like a cuckoo - comes in and boots out the other TVs - and it demands me to fed him retro gaming goodness. He even keeps calling me Seymour. That's not my name.

edit- I see now that he didn't bring it the feckless fellow. Should of met him in a bookies no problems then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sera wrote: »
    There's a list here
    Wiki says "Beck: Mellow Gold is the only disk that will unlock the monster Moo, but only specific pressings of the album contain this monster. It is extremely rare to find the correct disk.
    Nevermind by Grunge band Nirvana is the only disc that unlocks the rare monster Swimmer."

Rammstein gets Ash or Poseidon....interesting

Putting Jedward's effort in would probably unleash the Leviathan and the Behemoth and signal the end of all things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For all you Sega fans here's a great interview on Sega 16 with Scot Bayless who basically headed up Sega of America during the 90's heydays. His previous interviews with retrogamer have been gold:

http://www.sega-16.com/2012/03/interview-scot-bayless/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Rammstein gets Ash or Poseidon....interesting
    up at the top is says what the shortened words are so it's PL/MO is Plant Monol
    341.jpg?t=1330644456

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wizard is on Netflix, my night is sorted!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Putting Jedward's effort in would probably unleash the Leviathan and the Behemoth and signal the end of all things.
    it's special attack will be explaining what the January sales are

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Weird, anyone else getting asked to login to http://legendcup.com when they load up the "Son of..." thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Steve SI wrote: »
    Weird, anyone else getting asked to login to http://legendcup.com when they load up the "Son of..." thread?

Yes, happening to me also, it can't only be targetting 3DO obsessives surely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

So I'm looking for a bit of advice on ripping a Laserdisc to a digital file.
    What's the best option hardware wise for ripping them. I like to get it in the best possible quality without spending 5k on hardware to do it.

Ideas?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6023292_transfer-laser-discs-dvd.html

• Advertisement

Yes, happening to me also, it can't only be targetting 3DO obsessives surely :)

It's a bit weird all right :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

There's a link or an image on the page that's causing it.

it's special attack will be explaining what the January sales are

Surely that's their lose the will to live attack attack.

Jedward uses lose the will to live attack

Its super effective

Pikachu loses the will to live

Pikachu is dead

There's a link or an image on the page that's causing it.
    it's the photo of the monster I posted, I'll fix it now

it's the photo of the monster I posted, I'll fix it now

spammer.png

:D

Sparks43 wrote: »

Cheers, but I was looking for a higher quality rip than that how-to would provide. It's a fairly rare Laserdisc that doesn't have a rip/dump yet so I want to get it at a very high quality.

spammer.png

:D

Gosh was only talking about invasion of the boards.ie spammers early today. Great film.

Some happy/sad news for me today.
    Happy news in that I've secured a new job so can keep my X2 retro habit active but sad as my Korea trip will be cut a bit short because of it.

Still, I shouldn't complain at all really. So I'll change that to just happy news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

What Laserdisc is it? Does it involve mechanical fish? Should I be worried and sell my copy now? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pyongyang wrote: »
    What Laserdisc is it? Does it involve mechanical fish? Should I be worried and sell my copy now? :D

Tell him nothing Steve :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    Pyongyang wrote: »

Tell him nothing Steve :D

Wouldn't sell it anyway so nerr!!!! :)

Never bought it to flip it, its part of my Darius collection, along with my Burst AC EX tote, which Taito informed me themselves is actually rather rare. :)

Oh and talking of Laserdiscs... Something super rare should be heading to me very soon.

Nothing to do with Darius, but its gaming related... :)

It's a nice Laserdisc that I have on the way to me.
    It may or may not include mechanical fishies, i couldn't possible say ;)

Either way it's new and sealed and cost me $40 plus $4 delivery from Japanoland.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So a group of Japanese girls came into work today and ran around shouting kawaii at everything. I was scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

So a group of Japanese girls came into work today and ran around shouting kawaii at everything. I was scared!

You sure it wasn't just Sera and her gothic lolita group?

where's a good place to download SNES and NES music tracks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What was the deal with e Megadrive port of Virtua Racing...is it 50Hz optimised or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement