Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

waveform wrote: »
    An average 'level' of LCD:

1jso5i.jpg

Which game is LCD?

Googling LCD game isn't very helpful as you can imagine! ;)

Crazy ass jap only ps1 game. Very hard to describe. Just search YouTube for LSD ps1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,637 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Think it should be LSD. Sums up the game pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Remember looking at a video of that LSD game about a year ago. Absolutely no idea what was happening O_o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Remember looking at a video of that LSD game about a year ago. Absolutely no idea what was happening O_o

I have a erm backup of it and playing it doesn't really clarify anything either.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,234 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's oddly enjoyable though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's oddly enjoyable though!

Lsd?

Master of the Universe

Playing the PS1 game LSD is probably a stranger experience than taking LSD itself.

I wish either enternow or o1s would change their profile pics. I thought o1s1n was talking to himself there :P

So I got my mew PSP and have CFW on it. What else can it do apart from the obvious? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,637 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grr, went down the town to get money on my card to buy a game on ebay. Get back and it's sold! :'(

Master of the Universe

I wish either enternow or o1s would change their profile pics. I thought o1s1n was talking to himself there :P

So I got my mew PSP and have CFW on it. What else can it do apart from the obvious? :D

Just wait until Ciderman chimes in too. I end up looking like a mentaller. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Buy Darius Burst.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭Doge

Is this the one?

Think I saw a review of it before actually, I remember the japanese style walls and buildings, forgot all about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

iIn88.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Saw this on the comments section of a Zero Punctuation video on the Escapist:

Post 1:
    Meanwhile, an add on the right that says "The ultimate MW3 experience."
    Side note: wouldn't that actually be going to war?

Comment on Post:
    Actually the ULTIMATE MW3 experience would be walking into a Chuck E Cheese filled with little kids who have Tourette's Syndrome.

...or is that the ultimate Halo: Reach experience? I can't quite remember.

hahaha.:)

Good post here about taking screenshots. Stuff thatis covered is how some old screenshots were hand drawn and about using emulators and how they mess up how the game was originally meant to look.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,000 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So apparently Kid Icarus is going to come with a really stupid stand:

triptico_1326348311505.jpg

Honestly haven't the foggiest what Nintendo are thinking anymore.

Master of the Universe

Excellent! I was wondering how I was going to hold the 3DS for that game.

Wait a minute.

No I wasn't.

WTF is this ****??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I guess it means you can comfortably grasp it in your jaw while playing it.

Master of the Universe

:eek:

3D.

A stand.

Er...

virtualboy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

The 3DS is rapidly becoming the gaming equivalent of 'The Homer'.

TheHomer.jpg

I heard Nintendo are unveiling a 3DS cup holder attachment at E3 this year. Stay tuned!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Comical that is. Do you have to control the game with the left thumb stick and stylus like in the pic? Looks stupidly awkward. Considering your going to be sitting/lying down playing the thing why would anyone buy that stand anyway?

I take it that lazy-man stand is not compatible with that other thumb stick pro add-on thing either. Ah Nintendo, impressive how such clever people can make such silly decisions.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Comical that is. Do you have to control the game with the left thumb stick and stylus like in the pic? .

I am beginning to believe that is the way alright.

Did you play the FPS Metroid games on the DS? They used a same control setup and always ended up really hurting my hands. Maybe this is some weird way of getting around that.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Considering your going to be sitting/lying down playing the thing why would anyone buy that stand anyway?

Heh, that's the laughable thing. I don't think I've once ever played a handheld console while sitting at a table. I guess we're all going to have to grow giant beer guts to use this while lying/sitting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,000 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I still think Kid Icarus is going to be horrendously crippled by the lack of a second analogue pad anyway.

We'll see, but all this nonsense is just suggesting the 3DS was rushed out, and we can expect a significant hardware revision any second now.

So I've finally gone and done something I told myself I'd never do, I bought three japanese RPGs... in japanese.

But I'm left handed and as such hold the stylus in my left hand, thus making the add on thing impossible for me to use! :(

But I'm left handed and as such hold the stylus in my left hand, thus making the add on thing impossible for me to use! :(

Nintendo doesn't cater to freaks. Begone freak!

Don't you remember this:

250px-N64-Controller-Gray.jpg

Master of the Universe

You went to school in Ireland, surely a nun beat the left handed evil out of you years ago, no?

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Nintendo doesn't cater to freaks. Begone freak!

I'm not a freak, statistically and scientifically in cleverer then you guys!

Come back to me when you can call yourself Dr. atavan-halen... freak.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Aren't left handers also prone to raging alcoholism to deal with their freakishness?

Makes sense now :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement