Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sera wrote: »
    just thought it was cool :3

Very cute. I was hoping the kid would take out his sword and cut that annoying Navi in two though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I found a video of Retr0 :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I used to love Dexters Lab!!!
    Of course I was 32 at the time, so perhaps a tad "mature" for the Cartoon Network!

Now I'm going on 40 and things are much better, I get to watch Chowder anytime I want!
    I know Adventure Time and The Ordinary Show has you kids all in a tizzy, but Chowder rocks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, and Teefury have this, the most excellent of shirts and one I want but I simply can't get any more!

1316840261_BOTTOM__092323h34m26.jpg

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I used to love Dexters Lab!!!
    Of course I was 32 at the time, so perhaps a tad "mature" for the Cartoon Network!
    It was brilliant though, sure my mother's favourite cartoon was Rugrats and Hey Arnold, because Angelica and Helga are like me :cool:.
    but Cow and Chicken though, DAT SHOW ♥

I loved Cow's toys Crabs the Warthog, Manure the Bear and Piles the Beaver and one of the girls had a doll Perspiring Pam.
    I know Adventure Time and The Ordinary Show has you kids all in a tizzy, but Chowder rocks!
    my bff John loves Chowder the most, I watched it a few times but don't appreciate it enough

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I was never a cartoon network kid. Nick 4 lyf!

Real monsters, hey Arnold, angry beavers, rugrats, acton league now, kablamo (iirc), sister sister, keenan and kel and many more. Most of which will be tattooed in my leg piece at some point :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

And how could I forget ren & stimpy, doug and catdog!

Real monsters, hey Arnold, angry beavers, rugrats, acton league now, kablamo (iirc), sister sister, keenan and kel and many more. Most of which will be tattooed in my leg piece at some point :P
    I was never big into like K&K and SS but RM, HA, AB, R, ALN, K were epic. A Kaaablam tattoo would be epic and you should get The Flesh because he's super strong and super naked.
    Do you remember Life with Loopy as well?
    I used to love that and Angela Anaconda lol
    And how could I forget doug and catdog!
    I used to not like Doug but watch it all the time it was strange, love it though and I used to think Kelsey Grammer was Cat in CatDog

YES! and safety queen :P spider & fly was cool too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I am just starting Batman AC and while it is excellent the manner in which the Catwoman missions are locked away is incredible, purely done to punish peope who preorder.

I mean, with regard to Batman, have I not paid enough? 55 euro for a game with lots of content locked away. Outfits and other material, there on the disk but only available at a premium.
    And, inspite of the wonderful nature of the game, it does leave you with a sour taste in the mouth.

I really want to play Arkham City but will wait for the ultra-megatron-super-special-edition that will have all the dlc and costumes together. All of the pre-order costumes they put out were cool... too cool in fact that I decided I would rather wait and have them all rather than have to choose.

YES! and safety queen :P
    I loved Safety Queen! Total cosplay idea there, thanks AH <3
    What about InsideOut Boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Freakazoid!
    And the potato with the hairy armpits show. Monsters on nick.

Courage the cowardly dog was great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Now these are some good halloween costumes:

C5G07.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,000 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was never a cartoon network kid. Nick 4 lyf!

Bit freaked out. Was just joking about Aghh! Real Monsters on the Nightlink home with friends. Hadn't heard the name uttered in around a decade.

And then you mention it here! Get out of my head, Mr. Halen! ARGGGHHH!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Freakazoid!
    My FB says "Oops Insurance Saleswoman at Arms Akimbo"

Haha you're welcome! Inside out boy was ok. Terrified me of going around the swing all the way :P

Inside out boy was ok. Terrified me of going around the swing all the way :P
    Me too! Maybe that's why it's not on anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Man I feel ancient when I was younger it was the fraggles, smurfs and Gameboy.... Not much has changed at all then:P

I go back to a time when we had Secret Squirrel, Inch High Private Eye, Great Grape Ape, Snagglepuss., Battle of the Planets and later it was Robotech, otherwise known as the Macross Saga that was most watched.
    Warner Bros changed it all with Batman and Tiny Rooms, setting a standard for the following 20 years and counting.
    Before that it was muck like The Space Sentinels and the likes of the 70s version of The Fantastic Four.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Awfully quiet round these parts today. Stop trying to pretend you all have active social lives! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,000 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm guessing everyone's too busy rewatching this:

<3 Miike. Bit iffy about the holograms, but otherwise looks pitch perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Anyone watch Storage Wars on the History channel? If you don't, it centres around auctions for abandoned self-storage units and 5 or 6 regular buyers/dealers who take gambles on them. The catch is they are only bidding on the impressions they get by looking into the locker from outside and without touching anything.

This guy on there last night bought a locker for 5 grand. Inside he found a NES and he brought it out saying "Yeah, check it out! NES 001! I saw one of these go for 13,000 dollars on ebay!". He brought it to a retro game dealer who told him what we all know here... They all (of that size/shape) have NES 001 on the bottom! Also, it didn't power on and he wound up being offered a tenner for it. Very satisfying watching because this guy is the biggest douche of the lot.

Edit: Link to the full story http://kotaku.com/5830709/but-if-you-call-it-an-nes+001-is-it-worth-13000 He based it on one that went for that because it had a mint condition copy of Stadium Events.

Lol I'm drunk. Shock scandal horror! Just another sat night for atavan!
    !(◎_◎;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Anyone watch Storage Wars on the History channel? If you don't, it centres around auctions for abandoned self-storage units and 5 or 6 regular buyers/dealers who take gambles on them. The catch is they are only bidding on the impressions they get by looking into the locker from outside and without touching anything.

This guy on there last night bought a locker for 5 grand. Inside he found a NES and he brought it out saying "Yeah, check it out! NES 001! I saw one of these go for 13,000 dollars on ebay!". He brought it to a retro game dealer who told him what we all know here... They all (of that size/shape) have NES 001 on the bottom! Also, it didn't power on and he wound up being offered a tenner for it. Very satisfying watching because this guy is the biggest douche of the lot.

Edit: Link to the full story http://kotaku.com/5830709/but-if-you-call-it-an-nes+001-is-it-worth-13000 He based it on one that went for that because it had a mint condition copy of Stadium Events.

Yep love that program, thought that was hilarious that he had a bashed up NES that he thought was actually worth something, what a toss bag!!

I've been watching Horrible Histories with my son, it's very very good, the highway man song is particularly good, a nice reworking of Stand & Deliver

and while we are at it, the Celtic Boast Rap Song....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's so quiet in here lately.....It's so quiet in here lately.....It's so quiet in here lately.....It's so quiet in here lately.....It's so quiet in here lately.....

See, there's even an echo...there was never an echo in here before...there was never an echo in here before...there was never an echo in here before...

I blame the closue of General Discussion....General Discussion.

Well then choose a topic of discussion!

Well then choose a topic of discussion!

Anything in general really :D How many times did ya puke last night today?

• Advertisement

I'm hooked on Rez lately...feckin' brilliant stuff. High Volume Sauce

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement