Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Masters in Education (primary)

• 08-05-2015 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,
    I'm attending for interview for this course next week and would love to chat to someone who has been through the process and/or is doing/has done this course.
    Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TrigCon83

DScully wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I'm attending for interview for this course next week and would love to chat to someone who has been through the process and/or is doing/has done this course.
    Help!

Hi DScully,

I'm attending for interview in St. Pat's this Thursday afternoon. I'm 31 and it's 14 years since I sat my LC. My Irish is fairly rusty and I'm ill-prepared as it stands for the interview, I have a lot of cramming to do over the next couple of days!! The odds are stacked against me but I'm going to give it my best shot on Thurs and hope that I won't be completely annihilated!! I feel like a lamb going in to face a pride of lions!!!! I also applied to Mary I and have that interview at the end of the month so if this one is a disaster I'll hopefully be able to learn from it and prep better for Mary I one.

I wish you the very best of luck and every success in your interview DScully. You will pass it with flying colours I'm sure. Good Luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DScully

Hi TrigCon,
    Well I'm 39 and its 21 years since my LC Irish!
    Been working away on it, but it takes time and only decided to go for it a couple of months ago!Wondering if I'm a bit mental to be going for it at all, but sure we'll see how I do on Wednesday.
    You are probably better prepared than you think. Which college is your preference in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TrigCon83

DScully wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Help!

Hey DScully,

Not at all, you're absolutely right to pursue this if you feel it's what you'd like to do. I know what you mean about wondering if you should proceed with it though, I'm extremely indecisive and find myself constantly in two minds about the whole thing. I only decided to apply in the past month or so after dithering over whether or not primary teaching was what I wanted to do for the past couple of years. But I keep coming back to it, it's all I can think of doing.

We have life experience and maturity in our favour too and that will stand to us. I put Marino down as my first choice, followed by St. Pat's and Froebel. I would be delighted to be offered a place in any of them but I read some good reviews of Marino on message boards.

I'm sure you will be a shoe-in for the course DScully, you have so much prep done and lots of experience. I wish you the very best of luck on Wed.😊

Advertisement