Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's One I Made Earlier... (Creative Arts thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I can't see it either, even when I try to view it from the link when I quote it. :(

I remember seeing the picture a while ago, but I can't see it either now. :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Yet I can see it O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I can see it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I useta be able to see it...but not now :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I can see it!! <smug smiley>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I cannot see it so clearly only freaks of nature can see it.

The Image gives a 404 not found error.
    The pic has been deleted for some reason, or wrongly linked.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Davidius wrote: »
    I cannot see it so clearly only freaks of nature can see it.

Might it have something to do with deleting cookies or clearing the cache?

Might it have something to do with deleting cookies or clearing the cache?

The image doesn't exist. It's possible the reason some people are seeing it is because they have a cached version of it before it was deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I can see it perfectly...

Maybe ya'll that done see it could save and upload it, yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Alright. I'll throw it up just in case...

6HMuR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

oopsysw.jpg

Ooopy's drawing of a man eating his own head! (Hopefully this works!) :)

EDIT: Whoops, Jay P got there first! >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I can still see the original. I feel so insufferably smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Flecks of skin hiss past soft arms
    Enveloped in the murky darkness
    Of cheap battered seats and a thin film of dirt.
    Faces closer
    Than the inching movement hands that is too slow.
    Sarcastic jokes about trailers, script
    And feeling your heat,
    As you cannot decide
    To stay still or shift closer.
    Afterwards
    You enthuse about the movie
    And hover, full of words
    Your eyes wet and deep
    Like treacle.
    My body runs scared.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

For the poetry fans :)

the_carriage.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

To Davidius.
    It's you.
    From Noel.

2emlj75.png

I'd once again like to point out that in real life I'm tall and muscular with a deep voice and a beard.[citation needed]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I miss you more when you're here
    And you're telling me that
    You're afraid of me.
    And I'm telling myself to tell you I love you
    But I don't.

I miss you more when
    The edges of your voice are all silver
    With regret.
    I bet you wish you never met me
    Am I too much for you?

Is this the part where I go quiet?
    Or the part where you leave
    Before I do
    And you're trying to tell me
    You still like me
    But you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I wrote this during a bit of free time in university, and I liked it, so here it is.
    The ferris-wheel-faced fish was swimming in the misty slate-coloured waters of the early morning, the most pleasurable activity of it's day. "Everything is at it's remotest at this time" it glubbed, twirling rippling designs "it is a serene float in the void. A marriage of possibility and emptiness."

"A red-flare, tearing through a desert island's night sky, is consciousness. At mysterious intervals of the day, I can see my spirit slouched on a tree-branch in a mournful wood, or lying on a stump in a clearing I had let fade from my memory." All this while wrenching itself out of the pool and drying off. Sitting down next to me he looked somewhat more pensive than before. "However, remember this: the most bewildering habitat your soul can ever be seen in, my boy, is not in these remote moments. It is observing it in the eyes, the movements, the very make-up of another being. The distortion it creates! The wanting, the uncontrollable obsession- there is no longer a need remoteness or emptiness. It turns the sinews into pylons! The mind froths, bubbles-"

"Then, stills." Something had grabbed his attention, but it was nothing in the echoing chill of the cave. Like a fridge late at night, the whirring ceases eerily for a time, before picking up again in a way you could swear was unnatural and worrying. "Ah, yes, de-ja vú: the quivering light of a spectre who's past is its future and future its past. Now is then and there too! It has eyes in all directions." He gave a slippery-squirm in the armchair. "But ah, I forget myself, you must be bored- what a terrible host I am, we must lighten the mood. Come, let's into the kitchen and I can tell you why I changed breakfast this morning."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

new poem!

october

imagine a tree sitting
    perfectly alone
    in the middle of a field,
    decorated with the colours of october
    perfectly alone.

imagine every leaf on this tree.
    and one falls.
    one single leaf.
    perfectly alone.

the leaf falls to the ground
    a small piece, a fraction
    of the land in the field.
    this field, isolated.
    perfectly alone.

the field itself is another small part
    a minor fraction of the land on the mass
    that is the island that it is part of
    surrounded by sea,
    perfectly alone.

and all the islands that surround it,
    are isolated from each other,
    perfectly alone.

and all this earth,
    every island,
    every ocean,
    are so far away,
    perfectly alone.
    and the planets that orbit the sun,
    so far away from any other solar system
    are perfectly alone

and each of them that form a galaxy,
    an endless stream of stars
    but these galaxies are just minor fractions
    of something much bigger,
    and they're isolated from it.
    they're perfectly alone.

and the clusters of galaxies,
    are but minor fractions
    of something much bigger
    and they're isolated from it
    they're perfectly alone.

and the whole universe
    everything that ever existed
    is all there'll ever be,
    it's perfectly alone.

and the leaf, sitting on the ground
    so far away from everything
    sitting perfectly alone
    so insignificant in the grand design
    is just one part
    of something much greater.

Now you know how powerless we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ah heres where all the arty folk be.I require advice.
    Best way to make this guys antenna?
    TheTick.jpg

Suggestion #1:

Cut up a wire clothes hanger. Make the antennae-sections with papier maché, paint them blue and stick them on the hanger when they're dry using a combination of PVA glue and duct-tape. Re-apply blue paint as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Suggestion #1:

Cut up a wire clothes hanger. Make the antennae-sections with papier , maché paint them blue and stick them on the hanger when they're dry using a combination of PVA glue and duct-tape. Re-apply blue paint as required.
    should probably cut cardboard shapes and attach to the wire as it's hard to get it right when it's paper maché

Hmmmm maybe but thats too rigid.Theyre gonna be moving(3 pieces of nylon/fish gut/something on each so they can be made go forward/up straight/sideways on each).Im thinking soft springs with some kind of support in the middle to keep a basic shape

Hmmmm maybe but thats too rigid.Theyre gonna be moving(3 pieces of nylon/fish gut/something on each so they can be made go forward/up straight/sideways on each).Im thinking soft springs with some kind of support in the middle to keep a basic shape

Going for an epic Halloween costume this year? :)

Going for an epic Halloween costume this year? :)
    Have it all pretty much sorted but the antenna.Face putty for a massive square chin (absolute bastard stuff.Still can barely get it out of the tub), blue morphsuit ordered im gonna cut the mouth space and eyes holes out of, white curtain to white out the eyes but make sure I can still see! and of course the antenna & a spoon.SPOON!!!!!!!!
    Also armed with numerous nonsensical comments :pac:

Have it all pretty much sorted but the antenna.Face putty for a massive square chin (absolute bastard stuff.Still can barely get it out of the tub), blue morphsuit ordered im gonna cut the mouth space and eyes holes out of, white curtain to white out the eyes but make sure I can still see! and of course the antenna & a spoon.SPOON!!!!!!!!
    Also armed with numerous nonsensical comments :pac:

Sounds like a lot of effort! Legendary choice though. Pictures will be demanded!

I'm just buying some black and white make-up and going 6 months without a hair-cut for my costume :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

One way to do it would be have elastic string running through sections of wood or plastic which you could pull in order to make them fly up or down, or just leave in a semi-rigid state, much like those wooden string figures that are sort of flexible- do you know what I mean? Those toys can always bend about a bit, but keep a basic, strong shape.

Then you could merely dress them with hardened/seloptaped cotton wool covered with paper so weight isn't an issue as it might be with paper-maché, and it's easier to form into that antenna shape.

(Disclaimer: I am artistically inclined, and therefore what sounds good in my head is rarely given more than two minutes thought, or remotely practical.)

Advertisement