Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replacement battery for an Acer Aspire One Netbook ?

• 23-11-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire One 531h. It is five years old and has started flagging that the battery should be replaced when I unplug it from the mains. Surprisingly, if I search on the Acer site they don't seem to sell replacement batteries for this model but searching further afield I found a non-OEM replacement:
    http://www.battdepot.com/uk/model/notebook+battery/acer/aspire+one+531h/lac213.aspx
    It clearly states that it is intended for my exact model however I have noticed a slight difference in spec:
    - The original battery is 10.8V 4400mAh (=48Wh)
    - The non-OEM one is 11.1V 4400mAh (=49Wh)
    So should I be concerned that the voltage of the replacement is slightly higher than the original? It is only 2.7% high and I would assume the netbook internals would be robust to such small differences but I dont really know for sure, does anyone have any experience in this area? I already bought a replacement power supply from the same site when the Acer supply died about a year ago and that has performed fine. In that case however the spec of the replacement was identical to the original. So, does anyone know, is a 11.1V battery close enough to the 10.8V original to be sure that it wont damage the netbook ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

Advertisement