Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Afternoon all.. why does it all p*ss rain when I'm off work :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Afternoon all.. why does it all p*ss rain when I'm off work :mad:

thats what you get for being off work :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

bluewolf wrote: »
    thats what you get for being off work :pac:

Feck off, I had to take some off as have a few family things on this week.. jealous much?? :pac:

Dunno what I'm gonna do with my other 31 days hols.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Decided to bet my remaning €5 in my Paddy Power on two horses in a double... Won over €150.

The Milky Bars are on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I'm actually going crazy down here. We thought someone was breaking into the house last night, we all screamed, hid in the room and spooned until we felt better.

I'm not gonna survive three weeks. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Feck off, I had to take some off as have a few family things on this week.. jealous much?? :pac:

Dunno what I'm gonna do with my other 31 days hols.. :P

no, i had friday and tuesday off so just slagging ya :D

i think ive 25 left
    plus a mountain of study leave if i passed these last exams
    results plz

That_Guy wrote: »
    Decided to bet my remaning €5 in my Paddy Power on two horses in a double... Won over €150.

Jamm git!! Guess you'll be heading to Cassidys to celebrate eh? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I have animal crackers - wanna swap? Its pissing rain so I'm lazing around in fluffy pyjamas eating everything. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh if only I could live in a country where it didn't rain! Or if it did rain, it didn't rain all day long and it wasn't cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

[img]https://fbcdn_sphotos_h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/554426_3720410421810_2070961613_n.jpg[/img]

So so tempted to make journey down to Cork for this.

Though I've just been informed they're playing Fibbers too so that's less of a journey. :pac:
    You're welcome to crash at mine if you're coming to Cork bud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I now want a milky bar. :mad:

Working at a wedding fair this evening but I do not want to leave the house. Ireland would be lovely if it would just not rain or rain occasionally but you knew when to expect it. NOT in June though.

Table quiz after the fair. YAY! :D

Jamm git!! Guess you'll be heading to Cassidys to celebrate eh? :D

Moi? Cassidy's?? Not a chance. If I was going anywhere, it'd be 'The Grand Central'. My favourite pub in Dublin.
    I have animal crackers - wanna swap? Its pissing rain so I'm lazing around in fluffy pyjamas eating everything. :D

I love animal crackers.. Yes, I will gladly trade... You can keep the fluffy pyjamas. ;) How are you getting on "down the country"? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I am home, but I am going out! I am venturing outside and cycling in to meet people for drinks :D

It's really miserable but cycling in the rain is grand!

Pembily wrote: »
    I am home, but I am going out! I am venturing outside and cycling in to meet people for drinks :D

It's really miserable but cycling in the rain is grand!

are you cycling home after the drinks??? :)

no, i had friday and tuesday off so just slagging ya :D

i think ive 25 left
    plus a mountain of study leave if i passed these last exams
    results plz

Nice one.. :)

Moi? Cassidy's?? Not a chance. If I was going anywhere, it'd be 'The Grand Central'. My favourite pub in Dublin.
    You will grow to love Cassidys TG :P :P
    are you cycling home after the drinks??? :)
    Yeah, why not? I won't be getting hammered!

You will grow to love Cassidys TG :P :P

It's alright but it's a bloody sweat box. Sell good ales though.

It's alright but it's a bloody sweat box. Sell good ales though.
    They always have the heat on even though it's not needed :rolleyes:

They always have the heat on even though it's not needed :rolleyes:

They had the fire and candles going the other weekend when it was 20 something degrees out. The 'hot' barman was near on fire that night. :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    They had the fire and candles going the other weekend when it was 20 something degrees out. The 'hot' barman was near on fire that night. :pac:

And the puns are back :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hey everyone, seeing as I'm being roped into attending the upcoming beers, thought I might poke my head in here ;) how are things?

Links234 wrote: »
    hey everyone, seeing as I'm being roped into attending the upcoming beers, thought I might poke my head in here ;) how are things?

hot, apparently :p

hot, apparently :p

Wonder how these beers will turn out so? I still need to figure out what to wear :pac:

Wonder how these beers will turn out so? I still need to figure out what to wear :pac:

some of us are possibly doing 50s glam :cool:

i might just buy those cupcakes and bring them

some of us are possibly doing 50s glam :cool:

seriously? :eek: so this is gonna be a pretty fancy affair? gonna really have to put in the effort

seriously? :eek: so this is gonna be a pretty fancy affair? gonna really have to put in the effort

ah no, some dressy some not
    don't worry about it

awec wrote: »
    It was baking that night!

This was another night. Shockingly hot.

Wear what you're comfortable in. There's always a good mix of people and they dress however they want. Don't worry about it. :)

ah no, some dressy some not
    don't worry about it

I'd still like to make an effort though, but the whole 50's style definitely isn't for me :p

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement