Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: Vengeance [Starz - US] *Spoilers!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

woop! boobs and guts cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

Oh dear Jebas I can't wait. I think I'm just gonna get really drunk today and pass out till friday otherwise the wait will drive demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

The Spartacus Facebook page just posted this : "The Gods have smiled upon you. We give to you Episode 1 of Spartacus: Vengeance, FREE, right here! http://on.fb.me/w0O38a Let the rebellion begin!"

Only problem is it is for US region only it seems. Hope they leave it up until I can sort it out. Cannot wait for it!!!!!!!!

Small bit of googling and ya should be able to figure it out ;) am watching it now :D

Savage. The first half was the most bloodiest episode ever. Lots of nakedness and orgies two. Can't really go wrong with naked ladies and blood and gore when it comes to Spartcus.

Was kinda strange seeing them all outside. Didnt really like the new actor at the start but come the end of the episode hardly even noticed at all. None of the actors seem to be in great shape tho. I suppose not being in the ludos the past few months would have taken its toll on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i hope it will be just as good even if john hanna isnt there to say "by jupiters cock" anymore:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I thought it was ok, the new Spartacus is grand but I still feel like the show is missing Batiatus. Hopefully Ashur is back soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

BY JUNO'S CUUNT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

what the f*ck is going on, only available in america bullsh*t can anyone pm me the link need to see this!!??

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Can't wait for this to start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

By Jupiter's cock, they've kicked up the gore and violence to a whole other level.

The episode was fine, just ok.

I agree with the above poster, Batiatus is very badly missed

I realy like the actor who plays the Roman Predor [spelling?], something very forceful and menacing about him and his voice

Im trying everything to get to see this . Any tips would be great. Tried Foxyproxy but no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Indeed, has anyone's American cousin taped this and put it in the post yet???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's in the mail as we speak :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Rovi wrote: »
    Indeed, has anyone's American cousin taped this and put it in the post yet???

lmao :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Im trying everything to get to see this . Any tips would be great. Tried Foxyproxy but no joy.

Try hidemyass or unblock us ... google them

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

stevenmu wrote: »
    It's in the mail as we speak :)

Yup a pal of my cousins just sent a HD taping about 30 mins ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I just got the post from my American cousin:D:D:D

Unpacking:pac::pac::pac:

Yeap That's Spartacus.Vengeance S03E01 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Sorry...gonna wait, since Gods Of The Arena i'm duty bound to go mpeg2 1080p on this mutha! [gonna wait]

Compak wrote: »
    Yup a pal of my cousins just sent a HD taping about 30 mins ago
    Ah yeah, I know about the HD version, but my postman is very slow to deliver big packages like that, so I'm holding out for an SD alternative. :D

• Advertisement

Just got an invoice for the Lite version, taking delivery now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Yeah was alright. New guy is ok, may take a couple of episodes more to get used to him as Spartacus but he filled the role well enough.

Gonna be another decent series I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

quite liked him as spartacus. no complaints!

delighted it back! one of my fav shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

mikemac1 wrote: »
    By Jupiter's cock, they've kicked up the gore and violence to a whole other level.

The episode was fine, just ok.

I agree with the above poster, Batiatus is very badly missed

I realy like the actor who plays the Roman Predor [spelling?], something very forceful and menacing about him and his voice

The guy playing the praetor is Craig Parker and I agree he is excellent. He played a bad guy in legend of the seeker aswell and was just as menacing. Maybe it's just his thing. :p

I just watched the season premiere. Decent episode. I am worried what they are going to do with the sets if they end up chasing Naevia for long. "open countryside" is hard to film on and so far the series has used closed sets and green screen alot. I can't see them filming in a field, can you?

I enjoyed the ep but the switch of actor is so fecking distracting. :mad: In every scene it just sticks out like a sore thumb and I have that awful feeling that it won't go away after a few eps. Obviously they can't do anything about poor Andy Whitfield and what happened to him......but I just can't see anyone else in the role now. :(

I also think they badly miss John Hannah. He had a certain class or gravitas if you will excuse the pun. I realise that they felt they had to kill him off but like Andy, it just isn't the same show without him. Personally, I feel they could've cut Lucy Lawless and it wouldn't have been as noticable.

On a side note, the actress who plays Ilithyia has lost an awful lot of weight. I don't normally notice stuff like this but her face looks very gaunt compared to the first season. Obviously a couple years have passed since filming but she looked much better before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Starting on sky 1 on 30/1. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Grand enough episode but as some others have said Batiatus is sorely missed; just isnt the same without him. As for the new guy - yeah hes not Andy but he seemed pretty good in the role and having him there didnt bother me as much as the lack of John Hannah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

It was ok, new guy did a fine job but it lacked a lot of what the original actor brought to the show, may he rest in peace, I would also agree that Batiatus was missed and it could have continued on without Lucretia but it might work out ok story wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Not really feeling the new actor. Hopefully this will change in the coming weeks but based on the premiere his Spartacus lacks the warmth Andy's had. He seems to be all brawn and not much else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

DeWitt wrote: »
    Not really feeling the new actor. Hopefully this will change in the coming weeks but based on the premiere his Spartacus lacks the warmth Andy's had. He seems to be all brawn and not much else :(

Same here even the last guy Gannicus was better, hard to beat the original Spartacus in fairness.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

If I were writing the show I would actually bring Gannicus and Crixcus more to the front in terms of screen time and story. Take the attention off the new guy.

I think he'll be grand, I think Andy had more persona or something but I'd say given a few weeks he'll have the character made his own.

Although obviously not as Tragic but a similar thing happened with Stargate SG-1 with with the characters changing actors between the film and
    TV Show. It took a little to get used too but you did get used to it.

Advertisement