Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Public urination

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Nebudu kupovat tento záznam, je to poškrábaný.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

You got to be careful when you have to take a piss outside.
    Most Gardai will do you. Some are bad enough to add indecent exposure as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

CoolHat wrote: »
    Most Gardai will do you. Some are bad enough to add indecent exposure as well.

Really
    Would that put you on the sex offenders register???

4leto wrote: »
    Really
    Would that put you on the sex offenders register???

By the same token that would mean streakers at sports matches get put on the sex offenders list too, right? :pac:

No, of course not. Its just a charge the Gardai have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

By the same token that would mean streakers at sports matches get put on the sex offenders list too, right? :pac:

No, of course not. Its just a charge the Gardai have.

I don't know, I think a sex offence is a sex offence, indecent exposure is a sex offence. I know in America in some states, if you are caught soliciting a prostitute you get put on the register.

Maybe I am watching to many american cop shows.

• Advertisement

4leto wrote: »
    I don't know, I think a sex offence is a sex offence, indecent exposure is a sex offence. I know in America in some states, if you are caught soliciting a prostitute you get put on the register.

Maybe I am watching to many american cop shows.

I say you are :P
    I'd have to expose myself in a kids playground or something for it to go beyond indecent exposure and into sex register thing.

indecent exposure is usually a fine. its a minor offense. but back to what I was saying its still something a gardai can slap onto you if they catch you pis*ing up a laneway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Most Gardai will do you.

Apparently one can take a dump with complete impunity though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Apparently one can take a dump with complete impunity though ?
    They have to give you their hat, it's the law, and lipstick shoots out your bellybutton if you eat meat on Fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

sdeire wrote: »
    It should be illegal. It's one of the many things that put me off being in Dublin city centre, our drink culture means the city turns into a river of puke and piss for 6 hours most days.

I'd be in favour of having a few well-maintained public facilities installed and bump up the penalty for anyone not bothered to use them. Not to mention that in Dublin at least, there are 24-hour McDonalds and the like all over the place.

If you're caught short and there is genuinely nowhere around, then that's slightly more acceptable but it's very rare that you'll see it as being a problem anywhere that isn't in walking distance (for a sober person) of a toilet. Being drunk, to me, is not an excuse for a failure to control your bladder. If you need to piss all over the street because you're locked, then you need to stop drinking. End of fúcking story.

Ok so what happens if you're sober and you're walking from Pearse Street Dart Station to Harcourt Street or Camden Street?

You can't show up at the door of a nightclub hopping from one leg to another needing to piss because they'll assume you're pissed and not let you in.
    Most establishments in Dublin are stingy f*ckers who won't let you pee unless you're a customer.

What option do you realistically have other than to try and find somewhere quiet to pee outside?

In other cities which are actually run by sensible people, you have public toilets, and plenty of them. Of course Dublin doesn't have any - that'd require common sense, which simply doesn't exist in the administration of this country.

So again, I'm not drunk, I'm not messy, but I needed to go about half way to town on the dart and I know for a fact that I won't make it from Pearse to Harcourt without either pissing myself or showing up looking like a hopping idiot. There are no public toilets and I'm not going to pay for something I don't want in a shop or take away just for the right to use their jacks.

What am I suposed to do, exactly?

We should install a bunch of these...

http://www.icbe.org/2005/06/09/one-freaky-public-toilet/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Pissing in the street is a good thing. Aren't they always telling us to conserve water? By pissing in the street, you avoid a toilet flush which saves five gallons(or whatever) of water. :pac:

Dutch trains to get 'bag toilets'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15220297

Dutch National Railways is introducing emergency plastic bags for passengers to urinate in as part of its first-aid provision on some commuter trains.
    Spokesman Jeroen von Geusau told the BBC "wee bags" would be installed on commuter trains without toilets.
    He said the bags were for use in emergencies such as power failures.
    Going Dutch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

If you got to go, You got to go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

When ya gotta go ya gotta go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

I don't see the problem as long as your discreet about it and you don't go for a slash up against someones front door.

If you need to piss you need to piss. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

sdeire wrote: »
    It should be illegal. It's one of the many things that put me off being in Dublin city centre, our drink culture means the city turns into a river of puke and piss for 6 hours most days.

I'd be in favour of having a few well-maintained public facilities installed and bump up the penalty for anyone not bothered to use them. Not to mention that in Dublin at least, there are 24-hour McDonalds and the like all over the place.

If you're caught short and there is genuinely nowhere around, then that's slightly more acceptable but it's very rare that you'll see it as being a problem anywhere that isn't in walking distance (for a sober person) of a toilet. Being drunk, to me, is not an excuse for a failure to control your bladder. If you need to piss all over the street because you're locked, then you need to stop drinking. End of fúcking story.

No. You need to find somewhere with a toilet. Unfortunately that can be difficult at 3 in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

dulpit wrote: »
    Nebudu kupovat tento záznam, je to poškrábaný.:pac:

Mé vznášedlo je plné úhořů.

Mé vznášedlo je plné úhořů.

Chcete se vrátit ke mně?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I was out with a mate in the UK once,after a few scoops we were walking home on an empty residential street, mate popped down an alleyway for a pish, pitch black and a copper ran over to arrest him, I turned and said ' feck off, you cant arrest him for that'

' oh yes we can son, and your nicked too for *swearing at a police officer'

Both dragged down to the nearest station and given cautions, an absolute joke and waste of police resources. Had we been swaying whilst pishing against a shop window or someones garden, fair enough, but stopping for a quick slash on the way home up an alleyway was no cause for that.

* it wasn't swearing at a police officer, i forget the official term, indecent language or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

dulpit wrote: »
    Chcete se vrátit ke mně?

Nebudu kupovat tento záznam, je to poškrábaný = I will not buy this record, it is scratched.
    Mé vznášedlo je plné úhořů = My hovercraft is full of eels
    Chcete se vrátit ke mně? = To get back to me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Wasnt there a story today about a number of bottles filled with urine that were found in Glanmire

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

To be perfectly honest, I will blast wherever I please. This is my world too and by f*ck if I will let any other animal tell me I can't relieve myself wherever and whenever I need to.

Obviously I'll try do this while causing minimum offense to others and also minimum pollution to society eg. In soil, on grass, on or behind a tree as opposed to on a wall, on the street, in a water reservoir etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

stoneill wrote: »
    Nebudu kupovat tento záznam, je to poškrábaný = I will not buy this record, it is scratched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dunnariogh

was using an ATM once,male and female junkies begging at the machine,female junkie pulled down her jeans while i was using machine and relieved herself,it was a pretty revolting sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I know back home, it is and in the States and in Brazil, you can get done for "indecent exposure" if you're caught

Well the few times I was caught I was done for Decent Exposure and instead of fining me they gave me cash!!

frAG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

To be perfectly honest, I will blast wherever I please. This is my world too and by f*ck if I will let any other animal tell me I can't relieve myself wherever and whenever I need to.

Obviously I'll try do this while causing minimum offense to others and also minimum pollution to society eg. In soil, on grass, on or behind a tree as opposed to on a wall, on the street, in a water reservoir etc. etc.

I, on the other hand, am not so conscientious. I piss where I stand, sir! And to hell with the consequences! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

orourkeda wrote: »
    Wasnt there a story today about a number of bottles filled with urine that were found in Glanmire
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/dumped-urine-bottles-cause-a-wee-problem-2899482.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

orourkeda wrote: »

Think you're confusing it with the 'bottles of piss' theme for the tidy towns.

stoneill wrote: »

Hmm, should have been "Will you come back to my place?"... Stupid Google Translate...
    Seachmall wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

I'm bursting for a...

*runs behind thread*

Ah...

Advertisement