Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 williefitz

Other good deals in Argos - Forgive me, I cannot post URL's yet.

LEGO Star Wars Resistance X Wing Fighter. Save €6
    €7.99
    was €13.99
    Catalog Number: 461/4526

LEGO Star Wars Tie Advanced Prototype. Save €6
    €7.99
    was €13.99
    Catalog Number: 501/4802

LEGO Star Wars The Ghost. Save €6
    €7.99
    was €13.99
    Catalog Number: 499/2389

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

williefitz wrote: »
    Other good deals in Argos - Forgive me, I cannot post URL's yet.

LEGO Star Wars Resistance X Wing Fighter. Save €6
    €7.99
    was €13.99
    Catalog Number: 461/4526

LEGO Star Wars Tie Advanced Prototype. Save €6
    €7.99
    was €13.99
    Catalog Number: 501/4802

LEGO Star Wars The Ghost. Save €6
    €7.99
    was €13.99
    Catalog Number: 499/2389

It looks like Argos marked these up a bit going by the previous price. The RRP is €8.99.

Smyths have the full range of these Microfighters Series 3 at the same price [URL="http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-bricks/c-775/lego-star-wars/?page=1&pagesize=12&viewall=False&sort=vs_775 desc,boost desc&fz=False&f_attr_Category=LEGO Star Wars&pr=price:{7TO8]"]here[/URL].

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

It looks like Argos marked these up a bit going by the previous price. The RRP is €8.99.

Smyths have the full range of these Microfighters Series 3 at the same price [URL="http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-bricks/c-775/lego-star-wars/?page=1&pagesize=12&viewall=False&sort=vs_775 desc,boost desc&fz=False&f_attr_Category=LEGO Star Wars&pr=price:{7TO8]"]here[/URL].

Argos do things like this a lot. Mark a higher price and then have a 'sale' bringing them down to the Smyths price or just above it. It's a rare occasion that Argos sell any Lego cheaper than other retailers.

...though when they do, I go and buy a few Simpsons minifigures for 0.99c each.

I'm fairly sure the reason Argos have their high price as standard is so they can have the big red 20% or 30% discount logo on the leaflet or the website when they have a "sale" on some Lego sets. That and to make the 3 for 2 on toys look better value than it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I'm fairly sure the reason Argos have their high price as standard is so they can have the big red 20% or 30% discount logo on the leaflet or the website when they have a "sale" on some Lego sets. That and to make the 3 for 2 on toys look better value than it actually is.

On the below link you'll see what it typical of Argos, you can see that the price was 9.99 and then a couple of days later it went up to 10.19, then back down to 10.00 just above RRP and then down to 7.99 as it is at present where Smyth's have already been at that price since the 29th April.

http://www.lughq.com/set-75125/price-history/

Smyth's seem to be very good at keep prices at RRP, they only store in Ireland I have seen that are continuously consistent.

On a site note, keep an eye on Littlewoods, I've seen numerous instances where a set of say RRP 19.99 was put up at 90.00ish and dropped to say 14.99 and the discount percentage and amount are left on the product page, so anyone that doesn't know much about expected RRP are getting mislead on the discount, seen it on at least 7 maybe 8 of their product listings for LEGO, might be a genuine mistake entering in the price on their end but doesn't take away from the fact that the displayed discount is very misleading.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Ziycon wrote: »
    On a site note, keep an eye on Littlewoods, I've seen numerous instances where a set of say RRP 19.99 was put up at 90.00ish and dropped to say 14.99 and the discount percentage and amount are left on the product page, so anyone that doesn't know much about expected RRP are getting mislead on the discount, seen it on at least 7 maybe 8 of their product listings for LEGO, might be a genuine mistake entering in the price on their end but doesn't take away from the fact that the displayed discount is very misleading.

I haven't studied business for more than a decade at this stage but I think I'm sure a product has to be at a set price for a certain amount of time before it can be dropped and declared a 'sale' or 'discount' price.

Having something at 9.99 on Monday, 10.99 on Tuesday and then 'on sale with 20% off' on Wednesday at 8.99 is infringing some trade rule.

...If someone can prove me wrong on this, I'd be delighted. I don't want to hear that stores online and high-street are being this obviously underhanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Rhyme wrote: »
    I haven't studied business for more than a decade at this stage but I think I'm sure a product has to be at a set price for a certain amount of time before it can be dropped and declared a 'sale' or 'discount' price.

Having something at 9.99 on Monday, 10.99 on Tuesday and then 'on sale with 20% off' on Wednesday at 8.99 is infringing some trade rule.

...If someone can prove me wrong on this, I'd be delighted. I don't want to hear that stores online and high-street are being this obviously underhanded.

That was my understanding too.

I don't recall it being all on the one day or a couple of days, I'll try find one of the sets price history with this occurance.

Minecraft The End is only €10 this morning in Smyths, http://www.lughq.com/set-21107/, good value at only 0.02 cent a piece, got myself two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Millennium Falcon 75105 down to €132.99 in Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Millennium Falcon 75105 down to €132.99 in Argos

How much did you pay last week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How much did you pay last week :D

€140 :/

€140 :/

You could have gotten two mini Figs with the extra :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Big Bang Theory Mixed 21302 is £35 on Amazon UK (~ €45) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B012EO0QZI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

Allyall wrote:
    The Big Bang Theory Mixed 21302 is £35 on Amazon UK (~ €45) -

The usually dispatched within 1-3 months is slightly worrying though..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

simdan wrote: »
    The usually dispatched within 1-3 months is slightly worrying though..

I didn't see that, but not really a problem. Amazon don't take money from you until they ship it. So if it appears elsewhere cheaper before then, you can buy it and cancel the amazon order. It may be inconvenient if you want it quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Amazon have Lego dimensions down to 50 (Wii U and Xbox 360) and 60 (PS4, Xbox1)

gubbie wrote: »
    Amazon have Lego dimensions down to 50 (Wii U and Xbox 360) and 60 (PS4, Xbox1)

HMV in Dundrum today had it for €50 on the Xbox 360 and PS3. It's €80 (I think) on the Xbox One and PS4. They did't have it for the Wii U there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

For anyone that banks with Permanent TSB, one of the GoRewards offers in 5% back on purchases in the Lego Store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

bennyx_o wrote: »
    For anyone that banks with Permanent TSB, one of the GoRewards offers in 5% back on purchases in the Lego Store

But there isnt an actual lego store in ireland? Is there?
    Wonder would it work of the site

• Advertisement

Should have mentioned - It's online only

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Picked up 21027 Architecture Berlin for €20 (down from €29.99) in the bargain bin of Smyths Waterford. Not listed online, so you'd have to pop into your local one to see what they have

387381.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

bennyx_o wrote: »

Is that a permanent (excuse the pun) discount or for a limited time?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Is that a permanent (excuse the pun) discount or for a limited time?

Just a limited time, expires on the 6th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

25% off the Mercedes arocs truck on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00SDTS2CS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1465417041&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=lego+mercedes Almost bought it at full price a few times but finally pulled the trigger today.

50% off the crawler crane on amazon.co.uk now, €62. Between the arocs truck and this, I'll be pretty busy for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

50% off the crawler crane on amazon.co.uk now, €62. Between the arocs truck and this, I'll be pretty busy for the foreseeable future.

Great deal, seems to be gone now!

Showing reduced to £80 for me?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Showing reduced to £80 for me?

It was 50% off earlier.

Advertisement