Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes C220 CDI - electrics and servicing

• 09-02-2011 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi folks

I have a 2002 Merc C220 CDI. Two questions (perhaps for people who are familiar with the model?)

- does anyone else have problems with the electrics? Seems to be an ongoing thing for me. Latest prob this week is the windows get stuck - was afriad I wouldn't be able to close it in a gale wind last week when thankfully it finally moved! The radio panel also gets dimmer or brighter occasionally. Had a problem with the regulator when I first got it in 2007, but it was under a one-year used car warranty so got it fixed. My repair guy, who only does Mercs, can't seem to find the problem

- how often would you recommend a service? Since it's a 2.1 diesel the tax is a killer for me at over €800 a year :eek: so I want to try to trim other costs for it where I can. Was normally getting it done twice a year, do an avg mileage of about 18,000 a year, last had a full service in August.

Thanks for all advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Free bump from thread position 160.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭beardo81

Hi wosheen, sorry not answering your question actually asking one!! What's your opinion on these cars? Lookin to buy one round the same year and wondering what the reliability, running costs etc are like. I know tax is quite high so don't want to have to spend a fortune elsewhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ You would stand a much better chance of getting info by doing a search or starting a new thread.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

beardo81 wrote: »
    Hi wosheen, sorry not answering your question actually asking one!! What's your opinion on these cars? Lookin to buy one round the same year and wondering what the reliability, running costs etc are like. I know tax is quite high so don't want to have to spend a fortune elsewhere!!
    Esel wrote: »
    ^ You would stand a much better chance of getting info by doing a search or starting a new thread.

What he said:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement