Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    Do you know how much that will cost us for a 2 ball ?
    i'm a member so 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Sounds good to me, I just dont think I could make it to Arklow before that time considering I am coming from Foregolf in Naas.

I am good for the 2 ball George67 , if u get players for the team event earlier no sweat.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

Sounds good to me, I just dont think I could make it to Arklow before that time considering I am coming from Foregolf in Naas.

I am good for the 2 ball George67 , if u get players for the team event earlier no sweat.

Regards
    grand i'll pm you my details and you can ring me when you leave foregolf .i'll meet you in arklow at 1.15ish i have us down for 1.50 (might get out a little earlier)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Looking for a game on Monday next 23rd of Feb, would rather play a different course than Wicklow for a change, however if anyone wants to play Wicklow with me its 15euro and the time sheet is completely free.

Let me know
    Regards
    Ian

Anyone up for tomorrow? Buachaill you still available?

Cheers
    Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

There's a semi open every Tuesday in my place (Killeen), I think it's 18 holes.

I need to get a game or two in before Vilamoura in a fortnight, so I reckon I'll be in Killeen on the 30th, aiming for an early start (8.30 / 9 ish).

Anyone interested?

• Advertisement

might be interested, will know for sure come closer the time. I take it u mean Tuesday the 3rd March ???

oh yeah :o

I took 23 and added 7, with complete disregard for the calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Lads I reckon I'm gonna play the singles open in Castleknock tomorrow around lunchtime, €30 for non-members.

Dunno what the craic is with availability but I'm sure we'd get a line around that time if we get three of us.

It's a good course.

Problem is I won't know til maybe 10/11 in the morning, but right now I'd say I'm in.

Any takers?

Buachaill??
    Chance to win your two euro back??:D:D

did I just read someone throwing down a gauntlet ?? ha ha love it JCDUB

Im afraid I cannot make it tomorrow have a bit to do..... and to be honest I have played a lot of golf last 2 weeks and feel like I am actually going backwards at this stage and getting really frustrated with myself so maybe a few days off will do me some good.

Dont worry though I only gave u a lend of the two euro ....ha

might be interested, will know for sure come closer the time. I take it u mean Tuesday the 3rd March ???

I'm out, can't take the time off work. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭kingshankly

anyone intrested in a game this week im off for the week was thinking of heading to castleknock for its open week tuesday theres a fourball better ball and on friday a 3 ball scramble,theres also a couple of singles.something for everyone as the fella would say

oh yes I could very well be persuaded !!
    Had a muck game yesterday looking to forget about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Nice work lads, you'll enjoy Castleknock.

Played it last Tuesday avo, greens weren't great, they had been sanded, I'd imagine they'll be much better by this week though.

All in all definitely worth a visit though, it's not short either, although I don't hit the ball a million miles by any stretch.

I played ****e and had an embarrassing 26 pts I think, stopped counting around the 12th I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

anyone intrested in a game this week im off for the week was thinking of heading to castleknock for its open week tuesday theres a fourball better ball and on friday a 3 ball scramble,theres also a couple of singles.something for everyone as the fella would say
    yeah I might be interested. When you thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

Anyone in Macroom looking for a game PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Short notice I know, but I have 2 green fees vouchers for Kilkenny Golf Club and have a tee time booked for 10 tomorrow morning, my mate let me down so theres a spot available provided you dont mind playing with a poor (but very enthuastic :D) beginner.........

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    Short notice I know, but I have 2 green fees vouchers for Kilkenny Golf Club and have a tee time booked for 10 tomorrow morning, my mate let me down so theres a spot available provided you dont mind playing with a poor (but very enthuastic :D) beginner.........
    Kilkenny golf club is only about a handy par 5 away from my house but I can't play in the morning... kids, swimming, etc.
    Nice course though, enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Licksy wrote: »
    Kilkenny golf club is only about a handy par 5 away from my house but I can't play in the morning... kids, swimming, etc.
    Nice course though, enjoy it.

Thanks Licksy, i played it once last summer and really liked it, I'm a member in Comer so Kilkenny is a pleasant change from the "mountaineering" I am used to...........

The offer still stands for anyone else interested

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

very very short notice, but with that fine evening and me having the clubs in the car i'm heading off for a game now.

Where to go to though! Tullamore / Esker Hills / Moate or Mount Temple

Leaving around 4-ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

anyone on for a game in the greater dublin area this weekend?
    PM if ur interested
    was thinking about maybe playing in wicklow somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Short notice, but does anyone fancy playing in an 18 hole scotch foursome (every second shot) open competition tomorrow evening in Wicklow? Was thinking around 4 or 5 in the evening?

PM if interested?

Both players take tee shots in Scotch Foursomes, you chose one and then it's every second shot as far as I remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Both players take tee shots in Scotch Foursomes, you chose one and then it's every second shot as far as I remember...

Is it better known as a Scramble?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Scotch foursomes is shot about. One person drives, the partner plays the second and so on. Sometimes it can be played as proper shot about too though i.e. the person who holes out on the previous hole doesn't drive on the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Wicklow GC's definition of scotch foresomes is Both players drive, they choose the best ball, then the other player plays the next shot.

I.e. A & B drive. They choose A's drive so B takes the 2nd shot, A the third etc.

I thought that Foresomes is alternate shot.... I drive on the odd numbered holes, we take every second shot and You drive on the even numbered holes etc...
    I've played Scotch Foresomes at my club and we both drove off every hole, selected the best drive and then play alternate shots from there.

A scramble is where you might have a team of 3 or 4 and each player drives... you chose the best one and then each player plays from that spot etc etc. So chances are that you will drive to the fairway, hit the green and have 3 or 4 chance of making a putt... one of the rare occasions that you get to fill out a decent scorecard!
    Sometimes there will be conditions like you each must have 3 drives to count etc...

Exactly the same...
    Wicklow GC's definition of scotch foresomes is Both players drive, they choose the best ball, then the other player plays the next shot.

I.e. A & B drive. They choose A's drive so B takes the 2nd shot, A the third etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

Anyone fancy a round at Moyvalley tomorrow afternoon at about 3pm

I know that the GUI site has a page for Open Fixtures at http://www.gui.ie/open_fixtures.asp

Some clubs have certain days that they may run Open competitions (weekly or monthly, particularly for the summer) but may not be listed on that site. Even if they are listed and you know of an upcoming Open Event that would be good value to readers on here, post up a few basic details so that we can have a look... just don't pimp your own club to death etc. or it will be have to be deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

I know that the GUI site has a page for Open Fixtures at http://www.gui.ie/open_fixtures.asp

Some clubs have certain days that they may run Open competitions (weekly or monthly, particularly for the summer) but may not be listed on that site. Even if they are listed and you know of an upcoming Open Event that would be good value to readers on here, post up a few basic details so that we can have a look... just don't pimp your own club to death etc. or it will be have to be deleted.

This might interest a few people......

Advertisement