Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCTS Training a certification in ireland

• 23-03-2007 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Where can I get training in Ireland for MCTS Microsoft Certification? or other Microsoft developer training for certification.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'll just move this over to I.T. Certification, you'll get a much better response.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sureskills on Fitzwilliam Square look after it for us.

Should be more listed here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/Learning/training/find/FindCourse.mspx

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Thanks folks.
    Nothing appears with Sureskills, one that keeps popping up is F1computing in England..are there any more providers in Ireland. The msdn training search utility is terrible.
    Has anyone out there taken Microsoft training for certification lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Calyx will do it as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What specific course are you looking for?

There are a few different MCTS certs, depending on the qualification. I did an SQL course with Sureskills a couple of weeks ago, and am doing another one in two weeks. Their website is just a useless piece of crap. You'll have to contact them directly to find out if they're running the course you want.

• Advertisement

It's the MCTS 2.0 for Web application that I'm interested in.
    I've contacted calyx, they may have a course coming up, they seem to come up every quarter or so.

I'll contact Sureskills directly so.

Amazing how companies who promote IT training can't develop an informative accurate website.

The MCTS is 2 exams so you will have to do a few courses to cover it..

Yes, that's right, Calyx are talking about 5 day course to cover the 70-536 exam and 10 days to cover the 70-528 exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Yes, that's right, Calyx are talking about 5 day course to cover the 70-536 exam and 10 days to cover the 70-528 exam.

Its probably the same tutor that quoted Calyx that is doing our MCPD course in Moresoft. It would break down as follows:

5 days 70-536 - fundimentals
    +
    10 days 70-528 - web based =
    5 days 2543B and 2544A - Core and Advanced Web Applications
    5 days 2541B and 2542A - Core and Advanced Data Access

If you wanted to continue on and do the 70-526 - Windows based - you would have most of the data covered and do that subsequently in 5 days (or vice versa) - 2546B and 2547A - Core and Advanced Window Applications.

The 70-529 might also be of interest to you because although it does deal with COM+ and .NET remoting, the majority of it deals with web-services - to a greater level than the 70-528.

D.

Correct me if I am wrong,
    MCPD is a step above MCTS, it has an additional exam
    Exam 70-547: PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework.

I'm developing applications on the server and client, mostly web application stuff on the server side, IIS admin tools, http handler stuff, installers, caching, would the MCPD's additional exam 70-547 be of much benefit to me?
    15 days is alot of training.

• Advertisement

MCPD Web Developer is the equivelent of MCAD under .NET 1.1 except it is more focused towards Web Apps.

The exam includes things like Analysis and Design of Web Applications, Troubleshooting and Deployment.

Personally if you done all the work getting the MCTS in .NET 2.0 Web Applications I would continue and complete the PRO qualification.

Besides the fact that it will look good on your CV, it does test a few more concepts not covered in the other 2 exams.

I've found 3 providers one of which suits my needs right now.
    Calyx, Passax and New Horizons.

Passax are the front runner at present, they're also in Galway:p

Advertisement