Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up meeting Dublin based GR's

• 30-05-2014 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

It's time Dublin GR's/country wide GR's hold a meeting to talk about what's on our minds...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Mc Jakester, please type your post in a format that would be easy to read and also observe that your English is not in a best shape today. The message would have come across better if some basics rules were observed and not to mention that this topic is watched by many people, civilians and members of the An Garda Siochana.
    The message is needed to come out strong, clear, perfect and in a good time.
    Personally, I think that the message thrown out here is not strong, not clear, not perfectly written down and certainly is not coming out in a good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Anything more constructive, please!
    There's notting wrong with voicing your opinion here on the web ..
    Once you don't go into to much detail!...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

It's time Dublin GR's/country wide GR's hold a meeting to talk about what's on our minds...

The old Macushla Ballroom, Amiens St. might be available to rent for the meeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    The old Macushla Ballroom, Amiens St. might be available to rent for the meeting

I'll pm you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

snams wrote: »
    Mc Jakester, please type your post in a format that would be easy to read and also observe that your English is not in a best shape today. The message would have come across better if some basics rules were observed and not to mention that this topic is watched by many people, civilians and members of the An Garda Siochana.
    The message is needed to come out strong, clear, perfect and in a good time.
    Personally, I think that the message thrown out here is not strong, not clear, not perfectly written down and certainly is not coming out in a good time.

No need to jump down the op's throat,

It's posters like yourself that add no value to threads, picking petty fights,

Good idea from the OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

If you have nothing constructive to post why post at all, at lease people are not sitting on their hands, the FT have a voice its called the GRA the inspectors and Sargents have a voice its called the AGSI who have the reserves got to voice their grievance to ........ People in management that could not give a toss if they come in or not, people in high positions in the park that are anti reserve which should be changed and them people removed.

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Good idea from the OP

Canyon86, don't get me wrong; the idea of setting up a meeting is brilliant but the only thing that set me back was how the message was delivered. I meant no harm to the OP and if I offended anyone please accept my apologies.
    At the end I just want to stress out that the messages should be strong, coherent and well delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

Ring Joe Duffy, he'll make sure only your side is heard!

Shady Tady wrote: »

Who said anything about sides the reserve force dont have a representative body, unlike the FT members, Sgt, Inspectors, do they not have this right as well or is that because they are PT, as far as i am aware PT workers have rights as well, so if you can give a good explanation why the reserve force should not have a Rep Body i am all ears here.

The FT members are doing enough whistling blowing for everyone, and even then the powers to be in the park are still keeping quiet or telling lies.

AGS needs fresh blood instilled into the Management structure of AGS and sweep the dead wood out, or the ones that are stuck in a time warp, then and only then will AGS be able to move forward and be a proper force in the 21centuary, not stuck in time.

bluetop wrote: »
    Who said anything about sides the reserve force dont have a representative body, unlike the FT members, Sgt, Inspectors, do they not have this right as well or is that because they are PT, as far as i am aware PT workers have rights as well, so if you can give a good explanation why the reserve force should not have a Rep Body i am all ears here.

The FT members are doing enough whistling blowing for everyone, and even then the powers to be in the park are still keeping quiet or telling lies.

AGS needs fresh blood instilled into the Management structure of AGS and sweep the dead wood out, or the ones that are stuck in a time warp, then and only then will AGS be able to move forward and be a proper force in the 21centuary, not stuck in time.

I rest my case!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

AGS needs fresh blood instilled into the Management structure of AGS and sweep the dead wood out, or the ones that are stuck in a time warp, then and only then will AGS be able to move forward and be a proper force in the 21century, not stuck in time.

You need to make up your mind what you want.
    Do you want to improve the condition of the Reserves or do you want to reform the entire Garda Siochana.
    A little exaggeration in your comments about whistleblowers in the full time service. One serving member who we believe is a genuine character and a few more who have had disciplinary issues who's credibility has not been tested.
    It's no wonder a lot of the full time Gardai are sick of the sight of ye. You do a few hours and then you think you know how to run the police force. The prisons of the country are full of serious criminals who were put there by the efforts of full time Gardai often at serious risks to themselves. They don't need to be undermined by a few part timers sniping at them from the anonymity of a keyboard.

Do you want to improve the condition of the Reserves or do you want to reform the entire Garda Siochana.
    A little exaggeration in your comments about whistleblowers in the full time service. One serving member who we believe is a genuine character and a few more who have had disciplinary issues who's credibility has not been tested.
    It's no wonder a lot of the full time Gardai are sick of the sight of ye. You do a few hours and then you think you know how to run the police force. The prisons of the country are full of serious criminals who were put there by the efforts of full time Gardai often at serious risks to themselves. They don't need to be undermined by a few part timers sniping at them from the anonymity of a keyboard.

Ouch!

As for the reform part that would be a start in the right direction unless you are one of these people who are stuck in time and afraid of change.

The whistleblowers was in response to the last comment about Joe duffy taking sides the only sides have been the FT sides, and if the upper echelon bothered to reply their side might also be heard.

Serious risk..... the same applies to all AGS members anyone that wears the uniform is at risk FT or PT, not forgetting FT knew what they were taking on when they signed up, plus they are the ones getting paid.

Until they get rid of the them and us problem that was caused by the GRA and the AGSI, this will never go away, as i say a clean brush is what is needed and more integration between both ranks this will never run smooth just like your comment above typical (undermined by a few part timers) i do feel sorry for any PT that comes across your wrath, thats even if you are in the force and not another numpty that loves posting.

As for the reform part that would be a start in the right direction unless you are one of these people who are stuck in time and afraid of change.

The whistleblowers was in response to the last comment about Joe duffy taking sides the only sides have been the FT sides, and if the upper echelon bothered to reply their side might also be heard.

Serious risk..... the same applies to all AGS members anyone that wears the uniform is at risk FT or PT, not forgetting FT knew what they were taking on when they signed up, plus they are the ones getting paid.

Until they get rid of the them and us problem that was caused by the GRA and the AGSI, this will never go away, as i say a clean brush is what is needed and more integration between both ranks this will never run smooth just like your comment above typical (undermined by a few part timers) i do feel sorry for any PT that comes across your wrath, thats even if you are in the force and not another numpty that loves posting.

Apply for the full time job and if you're good enough you'll get in, in the meantime know your place! You are a reserve doing 4 hours a week and that's what the reserve does, don't be trying to get in the back door. You can set up whatever you like but you have a clear contract and you will be told to apply for the fulltime role if that's what you want. It's reserves like you that turn fulltime members off reserves! Your snide comments generalising fulltime members shows your not the sort of person most members would like to work with and in my opinion not suitable for the job fulltime or reserve!

Apply for the full time job and if you're good enough you'll get in, in the meantime know your place! You are a reserve doing 4 hours a week and that's what the reserve does, don't be trying to get in the back door. You can set up whatever you like but you have a clear contract and you will be told to apply for the fulltime role if that's what you want. It's reserves like you that turn fulltime members off reserves! Your snide comments generalising fulltime members shows your not the sort of person most members would like to work with and in my opinion not suitable for the job fulltime or reserve!

Who the hell do you think you are know your place, its people like you that have problems with reserves, afraid of change and people speaking their mind.

As for your 4hrs a week dont know any reserves that only do 4hrs do you think they might only do 4hrs because they might have been stuck with you bleating on about them, are you mad coming in here doing this for nothing, would you not be better off at home or out with your m8, this is the sort of comment i would reckon you would come out with.

No snide comments i am speaking from what i think needs to be done, my own opinion if you dont like it tuf dont bother to reply or post.

you were very quick with your own snide remarks about joe duffy so you want to give the beating but dont want to take it,

Who the hell do you think you are know your place, its people like you that have problems with reserves, afraid of change and people speaking their mind.

As for your 4hrs a week dont know any reserves that only do 4hrs do you think they might only do 4hrs because they might have been stuck with you bleating on about them, are you mad coming in here doing this for nothing, would you not be better off at home or out with your m8, this is the sort of comment i would reckon you would come out with.

No snide comments i am speaking from what i think needs to be done, my own opinion if you dont like it tuf dont bother to reply or post.

you were very quick with your own snide remarks about joe duffy so you want to give the beating but dont want to take it,

1850 715 815

1850 715 815

Great to see you know the number you might need it soon when changes come to bare fruit.

Advertisement