Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

niallkkk wrote: »
    yes we know all this.but its a tenner a month.and u will realise that when it does finally get set up

As I said before, just because it is a tenner, is no reason to go without service with a smile on your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Have been using 48 for about a month now. Have a Work Vodafone sim and had bills of €65 a month. Have a sim switcher put in the phone and use the 48 for outgoing private calls only. My Vodafone bill this month is €15. The wife is on 3 which was fleecing my work phone. So its 087 in and 089 out for my friends and family. 087 for all work and landlines.

As long as you know what your getting this deal is really "too good to be true" but it is.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

New data plans added,

15c for 30 minutes of nonstop internet
    €2.50 a week for 750MB
    VIP for €20 a month, that includes all calls and Text plus 3GB of data a month (so €10 for data a month after paying subscription)

Look very good to me, pity no webtext as it's very handy when roaming and having access to Wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

nava wrote: »
    New data plans added,

€2.50 a week for 750MB
    VIP for €20 a month, that includes all calls and Text plus 3GB of data a month (so €10 for data a month after paying subscription)

Look very good to me, pity no webtext as it's very handy when roaming and having access to Wifi.

That is super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

New data plans added,

€2.50 a week for 750MB

That's nearly good enough to make me switch. . . I might wait it out for another few months as their service has being nothing short of atrocious so far. Cowboys.

I'm with Meteor at the moment on the 200 mins, 200 texts, 1GB of data for €15 and I'm probably going over my allowance by €10 or €20 a month most months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Any restrictions on tethering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Thats fantastic, 20 quid a month for basically unlimited calls, texts and internet... can any other network better that?

Thats fantastic, 20 quid a month for basically unlimited calls, texts and internet... can any other network better that?
    Depends on usage really. No calls to landlines with 48 which means if you call landlines you've to top up again.

Can you roam with 48? I'm going to Belgium next month for a couple of weeks and would hate to change over only to find that I can't use it abroad.

What are the rates abroad does anyone know?

EDIT:
    3GB data is nowhere near unlimited.

VIP Membership €20 per month
    Unlimited calls & texts to Irish Mobiles
    3GB Mobile Internet
    20 minutes to Irish Landlines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

G S R wrote: »
    Depends on usage really. No calls to landlines with 48 which means if you call landlines you've to top up again.

Can you roam with 48? I'm going to Belgium next month for a couple of weeks and would hate to change over only to find that I can't use it abroad.

What are the rates abroad does anyone know?
    I'm already on 48 and you get 20 mins calls to landlines... I never call landlines so it's not much of an issue for me

3gb seems very good...

Dunno about the roaming stuff

I'm already on 48 and you get 20 mins calls to landlines... I never call landlines so it's not much of an issue for me

3gb seems very good...

Dunno about the roaming stuff
    a tenner for 3GB is a lot IMO.

It says on the site that it excludes roaming and the pricing for roaming is as follows:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Antilles (incl Guadeloupe), French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte & Réunion, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (incl. Azores and Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (incl Canary Islands), Sweden, or the UK (incl Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man) you’ll pay:

Making calls and calling your voicemail* 42c
    Receiving calls* 13c
    Sending texts 13c
    Receiving texts

Not sure how it compares to other operators.

Wasn't there something a few months back with the other operators that roaming costs were reduced significantly due to some EU ruling?

• Advertisement

a tenner for 3GB is a lot IMO.

It says on the site that it excludes roaming and the pricing for roaming is as follows:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Antilles (incl Guadeloupe), French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte & Réunion, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (incl. Azores and Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (incl Canary Islands), Sweden, or the UK (incl Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man) you’ll pay:

Making calls and calling your voicemail* 42c
    Receiving calls* 13c
    Sending texts 13c
    Receiving texts

Not sure how it compares to other operators.

Wasn't there something a few months back with the other operators that roaming costs were reduced significantly due to some EU ruling?

Here's Meteors roaming charges:

Europe Zone 1 (countries listed below)
    Fantastic new European roaming rates.

What goes on tour now does not necessarily have to stay on tour! We are the first operator in Ireland to abolish roaming charges in Europe. Now as a Pay As You Go customer, you can pay the same for calls and texts in Europe as you do at home. Plus even better - receiving a call when you are in Europe is now free!

To opt into these rates text "Europe" to 50104, otherwise standard rates apply.

Would you like cheap data roaming in Europe?
    Get our great value bundle here

Calls
    To mobiles and landlines in Ireland and throughout Europe
    Making:29c/ min
    Receiving:FREE
    Texts
    To Ireland or throughout Europe
    Sending:12c/ text
    MMS
    To Ireland or throughout Europe
    Sending:30c/ msg
    Mobile Internet
    Controlling data charges
    99c/ MB
    Voicemail
    How do I use voicemail abroad?
    FREE
    Broadband To Go
    Per MB:99c/MB
    Day Pass:€15.00/50MB
    How do I get a Day Pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

I see you can finally buy landline mins. Phew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Excellent new pricing from 48 best value around by a country mile no other operator can match that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

It's now 48 hours ... and still no access to my phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Anyone know how to get the voicemail working on an iphone. I cannot figure it out at all.

Thanks

Piliger wrote: »
    It's now 48 hours ... and still no access to my phone :(
    Kinda ironic in fairness :)

dolallyoh wrote: »
    I see you can finally buy landline mins. Phew.
    You can buy 10 mins of landline calls. What a crock of ****. Why not just charge 35 cents per minute?

No calls to landlines with 48 which means if you call landlines you've to top up again.

Wrong.

" ..you get 20 minutes of landline use included in your membership"

Whoopla !

I am now up and running on 48 after 50.50 hrs of being in limbo unable to make calls or send texts.

I was so close to porting back to O2. So here goes ... the deal is way too good to sniff at so fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

If you mention comreg they should start doing something about it fairly rapid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

sue97 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get the voicemail working on an iphone. I cannot figure it out at all.

Thanks

Voicemail Settings

On the Settings screen, tap Phone and then tap Call Forwarding.

Tap to turn on Call Forwarding.

Use the virtual keypad to enter the number where you want incoming calls to ring (i.e. your own mobile number (with the +353 in front of it) and a 5 added after the 89/87/86/85/83 prefix).

Tap the Call Forwarding button to return to the main Call Forwarding screen.

Your setting will be then sent to the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

New data plans added,

so is that concurrant or can you dip in and out i.e. 3 browsing sessions of 10 minutes each?

Edit: I guess the nonstop reference answers my question!

I understand it to be a 30 minute 'window'.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Tried porting over to 48 over a week ago, something cocked up somewhere, as a result I'm in SIM card limbo, have no signal, can't make or receive calls and texts. I don't like being in network purgatory! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

48 Months have finally come up with a data option, at a great price too .... €20 per month for all your calls, texts and your data (3gb per calendar month): http://www.48months.ie/vip
    The thresholds for the 48 internet options are:

VIP Membership – 3GB per calendar month
    Weekly Internet Add On – 750MB per week.

Our internet options are available for use with your 48 SIM Card in your 48 handset only. Tethering or use of the 48 handset as, or the sim in conjunction with, a modem is not allowed and may be disabled.

Tried porting over to 48 over a week ago, something cocked up somewhere, as a result I'm in SIM card limbo, have no signal, can't make or receive calls and texts. I don't like being in network purgatory! :(

What are they saying to you in their messages ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

it seems the 48 numbers are inaccessible from outside Ireland - at least for me. can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭mickey1985

I paid my membership on tuesday but never got my credit.Logged the error n dey said dey'd get a tech guy 2look at it.4days on n i still cant make calls or texts.Its cheap but expect poor service

mickey1985 wrote: »
    I paid my membership on tuesday but never got my credit.Logged the error n dey said dey'd get a tech guy 2look at it.4days on n i still cant make calls or texts.Its cheap but expect poor service

Not really sure what all that meant but it looks like you haven't stayed on them since you joined. You need to write to them each day twice to see what is happening. I was frustrated it took so long but they kept me informed when I wrote to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I think the 30 minute internet Snacker for 15c is a great idea and good value. Perfect if you want don't want lots of data, and just want to check emails, watch a clip, look up cinema listings, train times, etc .....

Advertisement