Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish drugs 'mule' dies in Venezuela after condoms full of cocaine burst

12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

By definition a drug mule is someone who is being used, often under duress or out of desperation, to smuggle drugs.

What evidence is there that he and his accomplices were not just working for themselves?

The amount of money that can be made is incredible.

He would have bought the coke for 1-2e a gram. (I spent time in Colombia and you could by single grams for 3-4e). This would then be diluted down 4-5 times (at least) in Ireland.

That would give a gram of what he paid a value of 20-25 CENT.

It is sold in Ireland for 70-80e a gram. That's a mark up of 25,000-30,000%.

Now you can understand why someone might get involved.

You play with fire, you get burnt. (And occassionally die!)

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭batistuta9

By definition a drug mule is someone who is being used, often under duress or out of desperation, to smuggle drugs.

What evidence is there that he and his accomplices were not just working for themselves?

The amount of money that can be made is incredible.

He would have bought the coke for 1-2e a gram. (I spent time in Colombia and you could by single grams for 3-4e). This would then be diluted down 4-5 times (at least) in Ireland.

That would give a gram of what he paid a value of 20-25 CENT.

It is sold in Ireland for 70-80e a gram. That's a mark up of 25,000-30,000%.

Now you can understand why someone might get involved.

You play with fire, you get burnt. (And occassionally die!)

RIP

do you think they just got on a plane to columbia and tried this, no contacts nothing

and

where are you buying your drugs at?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Durag wrote: »
    I registered just to comment on this.

People here are speaking on things they know nothing about. I fully understand what drugs has done to people and communities, but its always the small people who take the bullet, while the gangs who are responsible for it all get away.

I knew Butch very well up until about 3 years ago when he got in with the wrong people, and he didnt have an easy life, but he was incredibly generous even though he literally had nothing and was a really nice guy.

He was hilarious! The guy could crack a whole room up, but unfortunatley got in the wrong crowd who just used him. I always felt a bit sorry for him, he said his family wanted nothing to do with him and i remeber a few years ago when we were in his bedsit appartment he was renting at the time, talking about how he was trying to get a real job but no one would hire him. After that, in his mind there was only one way to make money, and these people seen that he was desperate and used him.

He was stupid for what he done and the lifestyle he chose, and even though i hadnt spoken to him in 2-3 years, i will definitly miss him. He had a tragic life, and i hate people saying he was a "drug mule", learn the facts before you speak.

RIP Butch

When i found out it was him i couldn't believe it. I knew he'd been in prison a few years back but i didn't know he'd gotten himself in so deep. He was a harmless fellow and was always easily manipulated because he was always trying to fit in. I don't think i've ever seen him without a smile on his face and we always had the crack when we met up.

Like you i will definitely miss him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭as125634do

the truth?. condom bags dont just burst like that. simple. pure scum. he sounds like a good friend of mine always the guys with a big heart who get blasted first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

batistuta9 wrote: »
    do you think they just got on a plane to columbia and tried this, no contacts nothing

and

where are you buying your drugs at?

You wouldn't need major contacts. Spend a couple of months around any south american city and you could get set up. The drug itself is everywhere. Knowing where to get it made safely and professionally into pellets is a different story. It is this which killed him.

In Ireland, cocaine is sold as 100e deals which is typically around 1.5g, hence 70e for a gram. And it's ****e quality, at best cut with lidocaine and speed to make your nose numb and give you a rush.
    If you can get relatively pure coke in Colombia for 3-4e a gram, how could you ever justify paying for crap over here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrnice12

Do people not realise that these lads had no choice?? they are sent to these countries by the gang leaders cause its the only way they can repay debts or else them and there families will be killed. People saying there scumbags and other people implying the beirne lad deserved it when you dont even know them!! I do agree that smuggling drugs isn't the way to go but the fact is they had no choice !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/lucy-wrighti-want-people-to-know-im-not-a-scumbag-1999039.html

I'm amazed by the (typical) irish reaction on these threads. That above link is the story of a now pregnant 28 year old girl, who is being tried in the UK this year for drug smuggling, after avoiding extradition to Argentina. Middle class girl, fell in with the wrong crowd, got into a drug habit, tried an "easy way" out of crippling drug debts. The notion that everyone involved in drugs is a scumbag, is beyond laughable. And it's the same people calling them scum who get coked off their face or enjoy a bit of weed at parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

The poor sod was someone son at the end of it all so he will be missed by his family.

Advertisement