Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I feel absolutely shockin bad this week. Hope I'm better by Sunday, will be spending the day in a very warm house with my inlaws and their new inlaws, can't be collapsing in front of them or anything. I'm really looking forward to it so don't wanna be miserable or rude due to feeling sh*t. If my heel isn't better my on-my-toes walk will be interesting in a pair of heels too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Wanna see what I made today?

Attachment not found.
    I want them :D

Am hoping I might get to make some buns or something later. Fingers crossed.

It's wet, dull, cold and miserable here today, what happened to the sun?! :(

Also going to book the restaurant for Mammie's day, myself and my boyfriend are taking my mother and granny out for dinner, can't wait :D

Going to make chilli and garlic prawns tonight, hope it turns out as nice as the way my boyfriend made them for me on Wednesday :)

Hope everyone's having a lovely Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jane, what site was it you said you order your wool from? My mum is housebound at the moment and she wants to start knitting but doesn't know any good sites for ordering supplies!

I get my wool from a little shop in Portlaoise and sometimes from a shop in Athlone. I've seen some wool and stuff on eBay though, I can take a look and I might have an idea if it's reasonably priced or not. :)

Kiera wrote: »
    What a dick! That's so unfair.

Yep that's the kind of charmer he is, and as my old "side effects" from when he bullied me are seriously flaring up this week I'm really angry with him again and annoyed he is still working treating people like that. An old "friend" added me on fb a few days ago and I saw she is friends with his cousin, who looks freakishly like him, grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Good to hear you might be getting your dress soon, Acoshla. How exciting!

I'm sure it will be nice. It has to be after all the drama!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Yeay Acoshla, so glad your dress is on the way! looking forawrd to hearing what it's like (also looking forward to the review you write that company after it delivers :p)

Cookies look yum Jane!

The boyfriend was great today, I've had a bad week with my anxiety and I've been really depressed. He brought me out for breakfast and a little shopping this morning and I've never smiled so much. He's a good lad, always comes though when I need him.

Now I've Mass Effect 3, 6 pack of pickled onion monster munch and bag of sour wormies.
    Pfft, who needs to go out on a Friday night? :cool:

I am unbelievably bored :( I need something to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I am unbelievably bored :( I need something to do :(

go baking :D

lent is killing me people i've had the worst 2 weeks ever and i'm not eating any nice food like chocolate or pastry or anything that could cheer me up :( i need them to make me a happy boardsie :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

krudler wrote: »
    "my facebook picture is pink to raise awareness for breast cancer, I've never donated a penny to research or done anything to aid an organisation, but I clicked a button on facebook, I'm doing my part!"

and if you point this out to people you get the "ohh at least I'm doing something" NO YOU'RE NOT! you only get the smug sense of satisfaction from it, the people who really do charity work dont need facebook statuses and youtube shares to validate their work.

Even worse is the people who post their bra colour/the name of a country etc without explaining what their point is to ‘raise awareness’. How is that raising awareness of anything except how much of a plonker you are?

It’s so so nearly the weekend... Must not stare at clock...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh dear... I followed links on YouTube and ended up crying watching this... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Having a good holiday, eh? :P

yes :p its not as warm today was fairly windy too, but still, being here:

1414hn7.jpg

beats being at home in Ireland anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Having a good holiday, eh? :P

yes :p its not as warm today was fairly windy too, but still, being here:

1414hn7.jpg

beats being at home in Ireland anyway :D
    I dislike you very much right now!!!

Fishie wrote: »
    Even worse is the people who post their bra colour/the name of a country etc without explaining what their point is to ‘raise awareness’. How is that raising awareness of anything except how much of a plonker you are?

It’s so so nearly the weekend... Must not stare at clock...

"In the bedroom"
    "what does that mean"
    "Its to raise awareness"
    "for what?"
    "teehee, thats a secret"
    "....you realise what awareness means right?"

I dislike you very much right now!!!

haters gonna hate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

"my facebook picture is pink to raise awareness for breast cancer, I've never donated a penny to research or done anything to aid an organisation, but I clicked a button on facebook, I'm doing my part!"

How do you know that? How do you know they're not out campaigning for Breast Cancer every week, how do you know their Mother/Sister/Aunt/Friend/Whoever hasn't suffered? How do you know they never do charity work? How do you know?

These people aren't doing any harm by putting up statuses/changing their pic. They may actually be helping! Who's to know that Ann reading Jane's page about Breast Cancer awareness doesn't make Ann actually stop and throw a bit of money into a cancer collection bucket because she remembered that Jane was bleeting on about it on FB! They certainly aren't doing any harm by changing a pic or throwing up a status update. Stop their notifications from filtering through to your page!

I will never understand people giving out about what others post on FB - don't read it, noone forced you to be friends with them! Get on with it, there's a lot worse things in life!

PS - I hope all this doesn't sound harsh Krudler, that's not what I'm trying to achieve here!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

this unemployment is killing me.....very down today:(

LostGirly wrote: »
    How do you know that? How do you know they're not out campaigning for Breast Cancer every week, how do you know their Mother/Sister/Aunt/Friend/Whoever hasn't suffered? How do you know they never do charity work? How do you know?

These people aren't doing any harm by putting up statuses/changing their pic. They may actually be helping! Who's to know that Ann reading Jane's page about Breast Cancer awareness doesn't make Ann actually stop and throw a bit of money into a cancer collection bucket because she remembered that Jane was bleeting on about it on FB! They certainly aren't doing any harm by changing a pic or throwing up a status update. Stop their notifications from filtering through to your page!

I will never understand people giving out about what others post on FB - don't read it, noone forced you to be friends with them! Get on with it, there's a lot worse things in life!

PS - I hope all this doesn't sound harsh Krudler, that's not what I'm trying to achieve here!

well in my experience the people who do the most good are the ones who dont need to boast about it on facebook. donate, help, contribute, thats all good, call me an old cynic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

well in my experience the people who do the most good are the ones who dont need to boast about it on facebook. donate, help, contribute, thats all good, call me an old cynic :pac:

Also true in my experience.

musical.x wrote: »
    lent is killing me people i've had the worst 2 weeks ever and i'm not eating any nice food like chocolate or pastry or anything that could cheer me up :( i need them to make me a happy boardsie :pac:

Mmm pastry, one of my favourite things in the whole world ever.
    candycock wrote: »
    this unemployment is killing me.....very down today:(

If it's any small consolation your username made me giggle :)

I did a good deed and was given money for it, picked myself up a cute dress in the boyfriend's shop, woohoo! :) There's a shoe shop here closing down and all shoes are €15, I found nothing but my best friend got a pair of Iron Fist heels down from €80 to €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I love wine \o/ it makes me happy :D

• Advertisement

*Sigh* trying to resize and edit photos in Paint Shop Pro on my mothers old Acer desktop is driving me mad :(

I miss my laptop :( I could have 100 photos resized and edited within an hour on it, on this desktop it takes 10mins to do one photo 'cause it's so slow and can't handle more than one at a time :(

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm house sitting tonight. Bored. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MsStroggatrix

I'm on the bus to Galway because I ran out of cash for Diesel or the train. At least they have wifi :)

I'm on the bus to Galway because I ran out of cash for Diesel or the train. At least they have wifi :)
    hey you :)

Hope you have a very pleasant trip. Citylink are really good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I miss my laptop :( I could have 100 photos resized and edited within an hour on it, on this desktop it takes 10mins to do one photo 'cause it's so slow and can't handle more than one at a time :(
    What programme do you use to resize them?

Ugh- I'm going to try and practice my typing for the next hour- but I usually only get about ten minutes in before wanting to scream with boredom. I have to cut all my poor fingernails really short first though because they get in my way, aargh.

Posy wrote: »
    What programme do you use to resize them?

Ugh- I'm going to try and practice my typing for the next hour- but I usually only get about ten minutes in before wanting to scream with boredom. I have to cut all my poor fingernails really short first though because they get in my way, aargh.
    I use Paint Shop Pro 9 :) Dunno how to use Photoshop, find it very difficult/complicated :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Starving! Waiting on the shopping to arrive. Then going to have some tasty beverages and nachos. Absolutely wrecked. If I never see the inside of another courtroom it'll be too soon... but I have to go back on Monday for 3 more cases argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

2 weeks on neurological disorders absolutely flew by. They had a lil party for me when I was leaving today - cake and Pringles and chocolates, it was so sweet. And so many kisses! I can't wait to go back and visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Oh God bless you, I used Citylink on Sunday and while they are great, and have free WiFi, they stop in every backend town! It took over two hours to get to Athlone from Dublin!! I hope you don't have too far to travel when you get to Galway!

• Advertisement

shinikins wrote: »
    Oh God bless you, I used Citylink on Sunday and while they are great, and have free WiFi, they stop in every backend town! It took over two hours to get to Athlone from Dublin!! I hope you don't have too far to travel when you get to Galway!
    oh dear, you got the commuter bus rather than the non stop?

The non stop goes on the motorway and is very quick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement