Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-01-2009, 14:41   #1
Dub13

Send a message via Yahoo to Dub13
ALL Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Read HERE before posting. Also, read HERE for details on the Passport Appointment Booking Service, a pilot-programme lasting 3-months.

Thanks,
kerry4sam

I no you can get one of these in 2/3 days but can you get it on the day..?Me and MrsDub13 are off to Liverpool on Tuesday and when I went to do the online check in last night I found out her passport is out of date.

So she is going to head in first thing Monday morrning and she if she can pick one up.Does anybody know if its possable..?

Last edited by kerry4sam; 22-11-2012 at 17:45.
Advertisement
31-01-2009, 14:46   #2
GalwayKiefer

Yes but you have to go to the issuing office in Dublin and it costs extra. Mate of mine needed one asap to attend a family funeral 2 years ago and I think it cost him €150 but not 100% sure on the cost. He went up and explained his case and had to wait around a few hours but got it that day.
31-01-2009, 14:50   #3
Dub13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalKiefer View Post
Yes but you have to go to the issuing office in Dublin and it costs extra. Mate of mine needed one asap to attend a family funeral 2 years ago and I think it cost him €150 but not 100% sure on the cost. He went up and explained his case and had to wait around a few hours but got it that day.
Thanks thats good news,its not to expensive if you conceder a normal one cost 89 euro.
31-01-2009, 14:53   #4
Random
Closed Account

Ryanair? If you check in at the airport you can use driving license as proof of ID, you'll pay airport check in fee but might be cheaper than emergency passport?
31-01-2009, 15:06   #5
Dub13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
Ryanair? If you check in at the airport you can use driving license as proof of ID, you'll pay airport check in fee but might be cheaper than emergency passport?
You cant do that anymore,the common travel area between Ireland and the UK is gone.You now need a passport to enter the UK.
Advertisement
31-01-2009, 15:08   #6
Random
Closed Account

Ryanair website disagrees?
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs....&quest=photoid
Quote:
For British and Irish citizens who are travelling on flights to/from the United Kingdom, to/from the Republic of Ireland (Common Travel Area), a valid driving licence with photo is acceptable photo ID. Passengers who are citizens of other countries travelling on these routes must present a valid passport (with visa if applicable) or a National Identity Card issued either by the government of a European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland.
31-01-2009, 15:20   #7
Ponster

Mod: Travel
Send a message via Yahoo to Ponster Send a message via Skype™ to Ponster
Quote:

Then it just hasn't been updated. You may not need a passport to get on the plane but there was someone here last week who confirmed that you need a passport to get into the UK.
31-01-2009, 15:21   #8
Dub13

Quote:
The UK Government disagree with Ryanair,I would tend to agree with the UK goverment...

Link

Quote:
16 January 2009

Irish, UK travellers now need passport checks

After 80 years of free movement, Irish and UK nationals will now need to have the passports formally checked at border controls, according to the UK Parliament's new legislation published yesterday, 15th January.
Over the next five years, the government will gradually introduce a multibillion-pound electronic system monitor the 15 million people who travel between the Britain and Ireland annually, reports the Guardian.

The border between the Irish Republic and Britain had been a common travel area since the Irish Free State was established in 1922. The Irish government has also confirmed it would introduce a new border security system to monitor illegal immigration.
Thanks from:
31-01-2009, 15:22   #9
Random
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub13 View Post
The UK Government disagree with Ryanair,I would tend to agree with the UK goverment...

Link
Someone in Ryanair really needs to sort that out then.

Granted, the responsbility is on the traveller to ensure they have accurate info but this is nonsense !
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-01-2009, 15:27   #10
Dub13

Quote:

Granted, the responsbility is on the traveller to ensure they have accurate info but this is nonsense !
Yea they do,you would get on the plane and into the UK no prob as when you do the on line check in ryanair only see you at the boarding gate and I find they just look at your passport pic then give you the boarding card.

What will need to happen for them to change this is some poor sod will get refused entry into the UK and Ryanair will be forced to carry them back free of charge.It will change quick fast then.
31-01-2009, 15:30   #11
spurious
I am spurious beige

Quote:

Add-on charge for bothering to update our website. €0.25 per passenger.
(3) thanks from:
31-01-2009, 15:33   #12
Random
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub13 View Post
Yea they do,you would get on the plane and into the UK no prob as when you do the on line check in ryanair only see you at the boarding gate and I find they just look at your passport pic then give you the boarding card.

What will need to happen for them to change this is some poor sod will get refused entry into the UK and Ryanair will be forced to carry them back free of charge.It will change quick fast then.
If you checkin online only a passport is accepted so the chances are Ryanair will start turning people away at checkin desks.

I can see the episode of Airline now ...
31-01-2009, 15:42   #13
Chinafoot
Closed Account

Don't forget to bring proof of travel to the Passport Office. Friend of mine had trouble with getting one issued because she didn't bring any documents showing she was travelling soon. She got it in the end but after a lot of arguing

Copy of your flight confirmation should do the trick in getting things moving.
31-01-2009, 15:43   #14
Dub13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinafoot View Post
Don't forget to bring proof of travel to the Passport Office. Friend of mine had trouble with getting one issued because she didn't bring any documents showing she was travelling soon. She got it in the end but after a lot of arguing

Copy of your flight confirmation should do the trick in getting things moving.
I will do that,thanks.
31-01-2009, 17:12   #15
BuffyBot
Administrator

Quote:
The legislation was just published, not yet enacted from what I can see. Two different things

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion