Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tape backup problem

Options
  • 02-10-2009 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

I am having a problem that someone hopefully can answer, I am running Backup exec 10d and backing up our file server to Ultrium 4 tapes 800GB (native) 1.6TB (compressed) for the last few months this has been working fine with the differrentals during the week and everthing is backing up correctly.

but I am have a problem with the full backups at the weekend, the last two full backup jobs are not completing and backupexec is asking for a tape even though only 560ish gigs has only been written to the tape even though last month it was backing up to at least 780ish gigs, whats happening :mad: its driving me insane as the file server should be able to be backed up onto one tape.

Can anyone help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Stupid question but did you do a "Quick Format" on the tapes you have assigned to your Full Backup jobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

yep and nothing has changed since it was working correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Bad news!
    10d does not support LTO4!!

11d will though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yea was about to say. 10d is quite old now. Backupexec 2010 has been released this year and wouldn't be surprised if support is dropped for 10d soon.
    Upgrade will fix your issue.

Advertisement